Lucas Biglia Thread

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Biglia had an A+ game. Milan were inviting lazio to attack and that’s not Biglia’s Fault. I lost count how many times bonaventua, Calha, kessie, suso and cutrone lost the ball and cheaply. Please tell me it was Biglia’s responsibility for their mishaps.

Our plays on the wing were busted by lazio and if you can’t rotate the ball properly; the regista will suffer from lack of options.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I seriously thought this guy will be able to put more killer passes, and open up defences or any "attacking pass" in general, but he mostly does the simple/easy passes.

Its probably my bad, i thought he will be more like Pirlo (not that level) but more similar.
That doesnt mean he isnt very useful for us, he had some great games, however i expected othed things

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
he's like a third partner to roma and leo, doing that job very good in the past two months.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Official: Lucas Biglia Thread

He’s nothing like Pirlo, stop expecting passing magic from him.

@MB: He was fantastic yesterday in locking down Lazio thru balls and runs from his position in front of the CB duo. Lazio is a team very good at slipping the ball thru to Immobile. So many of their goals come that way.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Biglia had an A+ game. Milan were inviting lazio to attack and that’s not Biglia’s Fault. I lost count how many times bonaventua, Calha, kessie, suso and cutrone lost the ball and cheaply. Please tell me it was Biglia’s responsibility for their mishaps.

Our plays on the wing were busted by lazio and if you can’t rotate the ball properly; the regista will suffer from lack of options.

He’s nothing like Pirlo, stop expecting passing magic from him.

@MB: He was fantastic yesterday in locking down Lazio thru balls and runs from his position in front of the CB duo. Lazio is a team very good at slipping the ball thru to Immobile. So many of their goals come that way.

:thumbsup:

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
He's a classic CDM... Pirlo was a Deep Lying Playmaker, who could barely defend.

Same position but totally different roles in the team.

Biglia has been immense off late. He's the no 1 reason teams are struggling to exploit the space between the lines.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
decent player but shouldn't be our starter if we want to go places.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He's a classic CDM... Pirlo was a Deep Lying Playmaker, who could barely defend.

Same position but totally different roles in the team.

Biglia has been immense off late. He's the no 1 reason teams are struggling to exploit the space between the lines.

I don't think he's a classic CDM.

I see him more as a transitional CM. Kind of a B2B, in terms of both defensive and creative skills, that lies deep.

His role is to break their play and move the ball quickly from our defense to attack. So, basically it's nothing spectacular, that's why it never looks impressive. But, I think he's doing a good job. Probably exactly what Rino is asking from him.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Great player, will only improve towards the summer. Very important piece.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
it says a lot that i was hoping for 33 yo montolivo to replace him

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I seriously can not understand how an argetinian midfielder who is supposed to be a good dm can miss place so many passes.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Why didn't he play vs Arsenal? Suspended?

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Very good game today. He is a quality player....nothing more nothing less.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great game indeed. I'm very satisfied with him overall. He will be enough for this role for 1-2 more years... if we have money for midfield, I would invest in a WC option for Bona's place (while keeping him as rotation player) and a vice-Kessie (Kucka comeback would be enough).

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Missed him greatly yesterday... you can see by the difference of play in the game vs juventus (where we played much better, although lost).

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
See how much we missed his very basic but very essential skill of positioning? With Biglia, our defense gets better. He has been very good last two months.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
"Lucas Biglia has suffered a slight lumbar fracture in his back and should be sidelined for around 5-6 weeks.
Milan can confirm that tests have shown Biglia has sustained a fracture to his first two lumbar vertebrae."

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fucking Benevento butchers

I hope we still do manage to get EL spot without him, although it's been visible how much we miss him when he's not playing.

People saying we don't need EL are not true fans. EL means more games of our favorite team, that we get to see..

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
fucking Benevento butchers

I hope we still do manage to get EL spot without him, although it's been visible how much we miss him when he's not playing.

People saying we don't need EL are not true fans. EL means more games of our favorite team, that we get to see..

It means exposure to international games which is important for this inexperienced squad.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
the good news is locatelli has played loads of games recently so hes more than ready to step into the first team for the rest of the season.....

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Terrible news. Get well soon Lucas!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Aguero to TyC Sports on Papu Gomez’s challenge on Biglia: “It is normal that Lucas was furious, if it had happened to me I would’ve waited for Gomez in the tunnel.”

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Biglia Hits Out at Papu Gomez

Lucas Biglia hit out at Atalanta captain and Argentina teammate Papu Gomez for a crunching tackle and lack of apology.
The Milan midfielder thought his World Cup participation was at risk after recovering in record time from a back fracture only to then be clattered from behind by Gomez during a 1-1 draw with Atalanta.
“During that incident, I was perfectly aware he was behind me, which is why I got back up infuriated,” Biglia told Argentine paper Ole.

“In all honesty, I expected him to apologise on the pitch or straight after, but nothing. I prefer to look forward now.”
Papu Gomez did write an apology via Instagram, but that did not impress Biglia.
“We are not friends, we just play for the same national team. I don’t use social media, not even Twitter or Facebook, so an apology via Instagram isn’t going to do much for me.
“For example, the Benevento player (Nicolas Viola) who caused the previous injury came to visit me in hospital.
“I was so angry because I felt this horrible pain and was afraid that I had hurt my back again. I remember that night I returned home and worked with the physiotherapist until 5am.”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“For example, the Benevento player (Nicolas Viola) who caused the previous injury came to visit me in hospital.

Oh wow, that's a nice gesture