The Anime/Manga Thread II

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Three very interesting things I noticed:
1.) Shouto looks up to All Might despite his dad trying to force him to hate All Might.
2.) Shouto is the only one of his siblings who is personally trained by his father (Killua treatment) so he must be the only one who inherited his fire power.
3.) Deku is pushing himself to the limit to make Shouto use his full power perhaps to make Shouto stronger as well as himself.

But yes very dark chapter indeed. Did his mom beat him after that phone call? I got confused at that part.

But don't discount Deku yet he got that hax protagonist armor! :o

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

I've read theories that Deku is provoking Shouto into using his fire powers and (accidentally) melting the ice wall behind him, so Deku can hopefully blow him out of the ring. I definitely think he's up to something given the way he was frantically looking for an opening during the start of the fight, and not just doing this for Shouto's sake.

The scene after the phone call is probably the same scene we saw some chapters back, when his mom throws boiling water at him and burns his left eye.

Midnight is probably going to break up the fight :head:

My favorite scene from the chapter - http://i39.mangareader.net/boku-no-hero-academia/39/boku-no-hero-academia-5618645.jpg
That punch is fucking spectacularly well drawn. Shouto's flames also look excellent.

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:fp: How could I forget that she burned him. What a bitch move on her part. I'm surprised Shouto doesn't hate the world after all he's been through. But you're right definitely could be to melt the ice wall since Deku seemed a little too happy at the end of the chapter :D

Horikoshi is a damn good artist bro. I love all the character designs and how unique they are. Btw I know that punch must have broken something. No fucking way Shouto could have just received an outside injury and remain unscathed inside. If the fight gets broken up now I will rage. Perfect buildup and it would go to waste.

P.S. After this great Academia chapter now I'm dying to see Luffy 4th Gear :mad: Dammit Oda.

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

Shouto's mom probably has mental issues. Endeavor mentions he sent her to "the hospital," probably a psychiatric hospital.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Endeavor did beat her if I remember correctly. So I'm not surprised she has mental issues.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
FSN:

Berseker is OP. But Gilgamesh is even more OP. This Anime is too OP.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
I heard both the old and new adaptations follow the Manga faithfully, so I guess depending on how long ago you watched the old one, the new one might be too familiar for you.
But you can still start from where the old one left off (Greed Island I think).

What are some of your favs?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Jut a formality, but Champloo, Bebop, Steins;Gate, FMA: Brotherhood should pretty much be crossed off your list even before asking for recs

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Death note and Monster come to mind atm.

God dammit I keep forgetting to finish this series :fp: I'm on episode 21 still. Once the semester ends I got dis.

Jut a formality, but Champloo, Bebop, Steins;Gate, FMA: Brotherhood should pretty much be crossed off your list even before asking for recs

Jammin laying down da law so bluntly. :lol:

But I would add Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Gundam Wing to that list.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bebop is the least one I liked from that list so I'll pass.

Though I never finished Bebop.

A milan fan

Primavera
Reaction score
@ jammin and allan how do you guys do it? I remember you guys postulating about the fight in boku no hero. Came out the way u said. I now know who to check on for betting slips. Btw thanks for the recs but I've read most of those save doctor frost.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
@ jammin and allan how do you guys do it? I remember you guys postulating about the fight in boku no hero. Came out the way u said. I now know who to check on for betting slips. Btw thanks for the recs but I've read most of those save doctor frost.
Wow I'm impressed. Those were some of the more obscure stuff I've read. :(

I think you are ready for Derp-tier recs :b:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Death note and Monster come to mind atm.

If you're into psychological/dark anime then watch Ergo Proxy, Shiki, and Serial Experiments Lain if you haven't seen them.

Bebop is the least one I liked from that list so I'll pass.

Though I never finished Bebop.

Did the Jazz not please you!? :mad:

giphy.gif

Thank you :proud:

But it's all about finding patterns Milan Fan. You find a pattern and you will able to predict things extremely well in anime.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to complete Bebop sometime to know why everyone rates it so much.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
I guess I'll have to complete Bebop sometime to know why everyone rates it so much.
:thumbsup:

I feel the same way. I watched about 8 or 10 episodes. There were hints of plot here and there but it wasn't engaging enough for me to continue.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well I'm hyped. Seems Goku and Vegeta trained with Whis too :b:

Favorite part of this video is the Master Roshi kamehameha and Gohan getting knocked out at 0:55. Gohan :lol: :proud:

Edit: MAJOR SPOILERS

VEGETAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1zewps.jpg

6jgktg.jpg

6s6f0i.jpg

Last edited:

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

I feel the same way. I watched about 8 or 10 episodes. There were hints of plot here and there but it wasn't engaging enough for me to continue.

I actually got past 20 episodes and still had the same impression.

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone here mentioned JoJos bizzare adventure so I watched the first season, can't say I regret it at all.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score

If you're used to watching the typical Serialized Format Anime(which 90% of anime is) it'll be hard to get into CB which is a more episodic anime(and definitely not suited for binge watching)
It doesn't have a complex plot...it has a simple plot with a lot of episodes showing the characters adventures along the way and showing them develop...it's less a Series and more of a Show...you watch this show to be entertained not to find out more about the plot which is secondary as far as this show goes(that doesn't mean the overall plot is bad it's just not the most important thing...it's more a character-based show than it is a plot-based one)

From a production standpoint it probably is the best anime I've seen with good animation,great music etc.

Also this is like the only time where English Dub>Original Japanese imo

No,no,no...you're doing it wrong...this show is based on the characters...the plot is secondary

Last edited: