Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan wanted Montolivo in 1992!

montolivo-suit490ai_0.jpg

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani has revealed that the club made an attempt to net Riccardo Montolivo when he was still a boy.

The 27-year-old signed for the Rossoneri last week on a Bosman given his expiring contract with Fiorentina.

“When Montolivo was just seven, we understood that he would become a great player,” the official stated on Thursday.

“However, his parents decided against a move to Milan in favour of allowing him to grow in the Atalanta youth ranks.”

Montolivo developed in Bergamo before he was transferred to Fiorentina in the summer of 2005.

Galliani also revealed how the club was able to bring defender Mattia De Sciglio, now 19, into their youth set-up.

“We netted De Sciglio when he was 10-years-old,” he explained. “We went to his club Cimiano and we got him for €500…

“This explains how fundamental it is to invest in youngsters and we are looking to do that in the best way possible.”

APT070891

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Jaap Stam

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan wanted Montolivo in 1992!

montolivo-suit490ai_0.jpg

It's a good line from Galliani "This explains how fundamental it is to invest in youngsters " but then you've also got to play them.I hope De Sciglio keeps getting chances.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
It's a good line from Galliani "This explains how fundamental it is to invest in youngsters " but then you've also got to play them.I hope De Sciglio keeps getting chances.

it's ironic if you ask me, seeing that we just gave away merkel for the other half of stephan. it's worth it yes. but merkel was worth something as well. and in the future it'll be our own fault when he's worth alot, because it would mean that he'd become a great player, who we didnt hang on to.:fp:

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
it's ironic if you ask me, seeing that we just gave away merkel for the other half of stephan. it's worth it yes. but merkel was worth something as well. and in the future it'll be our own fault when he's worth alot, because it would mean that he'd become a great player, who we didnt hang on to.:fp:

yeah agreed, Merkel is one that may come back to bite G on the ass, I don't think he is like other hyped youth players from the past like Di Gennaro,Sammarco etc.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Must admit he's quite good looking as well

x610.jpg

x610.jpg

x610.jpg

610x.jpg

Last edited:

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what he has to offer for Milan.

milan88

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Flamini, De Rosario, Ronaldinho, Nesta, Inzaghi, Bonera, Montolivo, Rooney, Kaka
He doesnt look Italian at all more like a German, Danish, Kazak, Croat

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Seeing if my new avatar works... oh yea! Monty looking good :cool:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
According to OptaPaolo, Montolivo had the 2nd worst passing accuracy of players w/1500+ passes in Serie A this season

Trequartista :thumbsup:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
According to OptaPaolo, Montolivo had the 2nd worst passing accuracy of players w/1500+ passes in Serie A this season

who was worse?

I'm not a big fan of Monty, but he wasnt on a good team, which can have a negative impact on the accuracy

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias

This doesn't say much, the whole Fiorentina team except him and Jovetic is
pure crap.

AnTakTau

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Borriello, Abate, Pato, Akinfeev, El Shaarawy

i thought you playing FM here?

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
eh?

Just because Fiorentina are mediocre doesn't mean players go out of their way to avoid Montolivo's passes

But it is by far worst Monty's year with Viola. He got his head in his ass thinking probably of next year. Many Viola fans were and are really pissed off at him for his last year's attitude.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I am a big fan of monty ..solid overall player with diverse skils :thumbsup: good leadership qualities .. can allegri develop into a premier midfield .. i doubt it :d can monty improve himself and become a champio .. i hope so ..

excellent buy .. now buy strrotman and some fullbacks .

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
But it is by far worst Monty's year with Viola. He got his head in his ass thinking probably of next year. Many Viola fans were and are really pissed off at him for his last year's attitude.

And they would be justified

That's easily the worst kind of player out there

Danilo JBG

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I really hope it's just a bad season from him, because he'll have to improve in Milan. And I believe he will.

Actually, if he played regularly as a trequartista for Fiorentina, I wouldn't mind that pass ratio, because it's understandable to misplace passes when you're far up the pitch, especially if the player tries through balls often. But as I far as I know, Montolivo plays deeper in midfield for Viola, so he surely should be more accurate with his passing.

If he is to be a regista at Milan, he can't afford be be the second worst passer in that group.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
what exactly was the problem between him & Fiore (or was it between a particular coach and him?) that caused him to lose the captaincy?

and a bad pass accuracy may mean that Monty just likes to play high risk long passes forward a lot, instead of short passes sideways. like Cassano for instance, who is one of the best passers in the game but usually gets a 70% pass accuracy or so.

Last edited:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
I'll sign him just for his looks

610x.jpg

x610.jpg

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello

Ambrosini, jokingly: "My advice to Montolivo is that he should stay calm, because the spot in front of the defence is mine."

Ambrosini: "Jokes aside, you can’t ask Montolivo for much in his first season at Milan. You don’t obtain or reach important things quickly."

Ambrosini: "It would be dangerous to give Montolivo too much responsibility in his first season here at Milan."