• is welcome

Votes: 132 62.6%
  • is stupid

Votes: 79 37.4%

• Total voters

Mr Fella

Beginner
Reaction score
Apparantly Beckham is close to joining Milan on loan for around four months in January.

I think its about selling shirts and filling empty seats at the San Siro. Don't think he will add a great deal to the team. Although he has a good work ethic, and obviously a good pass/cross.
Just think that midfield is not a priority area of the side at the mo, think the defence needs work much more urgently and this is a publicity stunt. And I can imagine Galliani claiming another 'victory' in the transfer market. "Another champion joins Milan" blah blah blah...

Wot do you guys think?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Mr Fella said:
Wot do you guys think?

I`m thinking ,why did u open this thread? :rolleyes: ..we can discuss this in the commode ,and if it comes out to be true,make a official player thread in the players section.

Just my 2 cents.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Good for marketing purposes but also for the contribute Beckham can give us.
Ancelotti likes him and will surely play him and then who knows...
He's not costing us anything and will sell many shirts + get a lot of attention.
Sky sport might even show Milan matches from january...who knows.
It's all good in my opinion, especially for the fact that he chose us and not Sfinter or Barca.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Az. said:
I`m thinking ,why did u open this thread? :rolleyes: ..we can discuss this in the commode ,and if it comes out to be true,make a official player thread in the players section.

Just my 2 cents.
Its official Az
Ps. ur sig is awful

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Pupone said:
Its official Az
Ps. ur sig is awful

Yeah well i just saw it on the official site :rolleyes:

p.s: tanks!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Were Inter and Barca even interested Pupone?

Next thing I'll read is Ronaldo - the fat tranny lover, just to clarify - making his return. Pathetic, like there's no other options who would better our FOOTBALL rather than jersey sales. The management have lost it.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Official: David Beckham Thread

Let the epic fail begin :D

HE CHOSE MILAN
10/22/2008 1:21:00 PM
If 65,000 spectators go to watch the match against Sampdoria, it means that people like Milan. And the arrival of David Beckham will bring more fans rather than fewer ones. Here is Galliani and Ancelotti.

David Beckham was born in London on May 2nd 1975. English national team, currently plays for Los Angeles Galaxy, team of the Major League Soccer. Second in the Golden Ball award of 1999 and in the FIFA World Player 1999 and 2001. He's also one of the most famous and affirmed players in the world. Inserted by Pele in the FIFA 100, the list of the best players ever. In 2007 he ended up being in the list of the most influential celebrities in the world of Forbes, whereas the Time will place him in the Time 100 Heroes & Icons. Beckham is also one of the few English players to have played 100 games with the shirt of his national team of whom he was a captain for 58 games, from November 15th 2000 up to July 2nd 2006.

This is what Adriano Galliani said about him this morning at the Malpensa airport: "Will he arrive? Yes, I think so. He will stay at Milan on loan for some month, we are talking about it with his agent. We shall register him for some months and then he will leave. Beckham has chosen Milan. Our team is very competitive and will remain so, but Beckham is something different and intriguing. Milan is not collecting cards, Milan is very proud of the policy it has. We are the only club going against the current: the people go to the stadium to watch Milan. It's not a coincidence that 65,000 people go to watch Milan-Sampdoria. If the 65,000 go to the stadium, it means that Milan is a product which they like. Beckham will most likely bring more fans rather than fewer ones to the stadium."

And this is what Carlo Ancelotti said about David Beckham: "For me it will be a pleasure. Beckham is a serious athlete, a great professional. If he will be available for four months with us, we will be very happy. If he will be available for Milan, he will evidently be both for Italy and Europe."

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
ya he is coming cause we are sponsored by adidas.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
madtherchot said:

Next thing I'll read is Ronaldo - the fat tranny lover, just to clarify - making his return. Pathetic, like there's no other options who would better our FOOTBALL rather than jersey sales. The management have lost it.
stop knocking him over he has gone and he wont come back to milan.

please be happy with beck ham and shevchenko.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
madtherchot said:

Mourihno and Guardiola would have probably told him to fuck off right there on the spot.

Surfer

I've got the devil in me
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko
God I wished it was April the first today :rolleyes:
The beginning of the end thanks to G-boy

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Thats what I thought, but am not sure as I haven't read into the matter.
Ashish said:
stop knocking him over
Thats not me. Its the center of gravity of his stomach.
Ashish said:
he has gone and he wont come back to milan.
Galliani said that chapter wasn't closed. So I have reason to be VERY afraid.
Ashish said:
please be happy with beck ham and shevchenko.
Why?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
inomilan said:
Forza Becks :o
is posh also coming otherwise there would be more controversy :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
madtherchot said:
I don't think it is right to compare these two.

Beckham wouldn't cost a cent (as far as it seems at the moment). He sells more, he works much harder in training, he doesn't turn up for training sessions drunk, he doesn't hook up with chicks-with-dicks and complain of non-existent injuries just to play the victim.

Capello dropped Beckham in Real Madrid, but Beckham didn't use the media to voice his anger, he just kept quiet, worked hard to impress Capello. In the end, even Capello publicly admitted he made a mistake dropping Beckham. Yes, the same Capello who asked FattyFagnaldo if he was ashamed to be that obese and quickly off-loaded him before leading that bunch to an unlikely league title.

I agree that Beckham isn't the most ideal signing, but surely much better than keeping/re-signing FattyFagnaldo. That for sure is a FACT.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zZ[-_-]Zz said:

Beckham wouldn't cost a cent (as far as it seems at the moment). He sells more, he works much harder in training, he doesn't turn up for training sessions drunk, he doesn't hook up with chicks-with-dicks and complain of non-existent injuries just to play the victim.

Capello dropped Beckham in Real Madrid, but Beckham didn't use the media to voice his anger, he just kept quiet, worked hard to impress Capello. In the end, even Capello publicly admitted he made a mistake dropping Beckham. Yes, the same Capello who asked FattyFagnaldo if he was ashamed to be that obese and quickly off-loaded him before leading that bunch to an unlikely league title.

I agree that Beckham isn't the most ideal signing, but surely much better than keeping/re-signing FattyFagnaldo. That for sure is a FACT.
listen fact boy ronaldo is not coming back to milan he is highest scorer in wc where mr posh piss blood and he is trying to get back to brasilian squad
go and enjoy with beckham

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Great marketing ploy!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:

Can't disagree with that. Becks' commitment and ethics towards being a professional footballer, despite even more fame, should be admired ... especially when considering that he hadn't played football for a while, being dropped by an idiot of a coach from captaincy, and then starting eleven, for England. No doubt.

I was referring to the attitude of the management + their statement. Football isn't about filling stadiums ... at least not for us. It should be about winning, at least from a club's perspective. If we're more interested in filling the San Siro + Berlu's emptying pockets, then we're in shit.

Besides, if we play good football + win accordingly, then the stadiums will be full without Becks + co.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
OK, let's put it this way.

From what I read in soccernet, he will be training with us after his off-season promo with the Galaxy is over. He's done this with Arsenal last year. Then he will begin his loan with us (if this one will really fall through) starting in January because Europe transfer season is closed.

He will only officially become our player in January so this thread will move to Football.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
madtherchot said:
Can't disagree with that. Becks' commitment and ethics towards being a professional footballer, despite even more fame, should be admired ... especially when considering that he hadn't played football for a while, being dropped by an idiot of a coach from captaincy, and then starting eleven, for England. No doubt.

I was referring to the attitude of the management + their statement. Football isn't about filling stadiums ... at least not for us. It should be about winning, at least from a club's perspective. If we're more interested in filling the San Siro + Berlu's emptying pockets, then we're in shit.

Besides, if we play good football + win accordingly, then the stadiums will be full without Becks + co.
Well, if the club has intentions to buy a quality defender for next season (for example), Beckham's marketability will definitely help in that aspect, albeit indirectly. He did make about €600m in four years for Real Madrid, the money which they used to buy a host of players and attempted to get C.Ronaldo and Kaka with.

I have no idea what Berlusconi is up to, but maybe Sergio Ramos is good friends with Beckham? They did after all play together on the right flank of Real Madrid.

If Beckham's arrival does make Milan a minimum of €50m, it can be put to good use for our own benefit of rejuvenation. That ultimately is the target, Beckham merely a resource to finance that.

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score
madtherchot said:

If you've seen him play for LA, you'd see that he couldn't be more disinterested. Not playing hard for the team that is paying him A LOT more than any other player in his respective league makes it hard for me to commend him for his commitment and ethics.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
My heart stopped when I saw the Official:.

I thought, "Oh it's probably a n00b, or another bad joke from Besfort."

But alas, it's true. Hopefully he helps us (Hell, I'll accept not hurting us... How pathetic) as we make our push for the Scudetto.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Commenting on his proposed loan, it will be the biggest nightmare in my years of supporting Milan. This is the one player that epitomized the turning of soccer into a money-making jersey-selling and endless-touring business which I totally hate. I'm so speechless, I retyped this posts over and over but just couldn't find the right words for my contempt if this loan will really take place.

There are 4 months is January to April and those 4 months will be lowliest point for me. Milan could sign Materazzi, Ibra, C.Ronaldo (or Sinisa Mihajlovic in the past) but as much as I loathe them I will still welcome them. But never for Beckham.

I wonder what will be MALDINESTA's reaction :D

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MilanoMichael said:
My heart stopped when I saw the Official:.

I thought, "Oh it's probably a n00b, or another bad joke from Besfort."

But alas, it's true. Hopefully he helps us (Hell, I'll accept not hurting us... How pathetic) as we make our push for the Scudetto.

I only make this kinda jokes in April Fool's day.

Hell.. this would be more depressing than the Ancelotti one.