The Rumour Commode XXVII: Zorro's Days of Arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
defenses will have no answer for giampaolo's milan

absolutely. but at this point I don't care if correa arrives or not. just want milan to play. let's gooooo.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Given my idolisation of my namesake I'm equally indisposed to any "glimpses of the same untruth".

My intention though was to be sharp and funny with a snap and not to engage in any religious discussion. As an officer I keep my own opinions but tread lightly but firmly around those who harbour others whatever I may think myself. One should always treat any social encounter as smoothly as possible and not hurt anyones feelings.

That's cool. Hitchens was a boss. :thumbsup:
The double standard does exist on the forum though
#FightItWhileYouStillCan

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Since I can't sleep and my last posts remain unanswered I might as well share some thoughts.

I think we've had an absolutely fantastic mercato so far and the reasons are many layered.

Overall, we were close last year with a squad no one cherished. The players were a mix of the mediocrity of the Galliani years with the main build blocks from the disastrous 2017 window. Still we were almost in CL contention.

I love Maldini a lot. I know everyone in here loves him, but I've always thought of him highly even tho I know he was only a football player. He seemed intelligent as a player and as a retiree, and when he boarded the plane last summer I felt a thousand times more wonderful than when Leo was confirmed. Not because he knows football, but because coolness, 30 years in the business as an observer and intelligence really matters. The resignations of Rino and Leo where like lightning bolts in here because of the uncertainty that they created. The way Gazidis dealt with that situation and the subsequent yes of Maldini and then Boban meant for me that we had the coolest thinkers and lookers in football in charge. And they're ambitious.

What happened first? We bid farewell to two tumours and one mediocrity in Montolivo, Bertolacci and Mauri. The decision to set Zapata free caused a lot of turmoil but memory is short and we all know how insecure he looked in the four(?) previous seasons before he finally looked ready in the last one. Not da Milan.

Krunic was confirmed early. What to think? Well for one thing he looked like an agile and able player to bolster our bench from those videos, and to an extent that he might be clawing at the first XI in a way we haven't experienced since... Well?

With building momentum we confirmed Giampaolo as our coach. I'm an instinctive guy and I sure as shit won't write a dissertation on his tactics, but this is a real coach loved in Italy with an offensive mode of play. His experience, charisma and classy confidence in himself have been calming factors in the whole of the summer. He's a the helm and it's spreading confidence to players as well as fans.

Rodriguez has been a source of immense frustration among the posters in here, Maldini himself moved with purpose and confidence to sign Theo Hernandez as our starting LB. A marvellous move. The way Theo seemed both ready and awed at the press conference gave me immense belief.

Bennacer and Duarte arrived after saga-like proportions, especially for the former. Both sagas were tell tales of how little the media knew, with Kabak, Demiral, Veretout and other being strongly rumoured to be our targets. Duarte is of course a complete unknown but all signs point to him being very talented. Bennacer have not only his AFCON credentials but solid seasons in Serie A to back up his promise.

Leao came out of the blue but packs plenty of promise. We must remember that we already have a strong group, and although the numerical rotation is substantial our core remains largely untouched. Leao arrives with an important price tag but not big stats expectations which I think is healthy.

In summary I will say wee have a strong defense and midfield but still lack competitiveness in the final third. Signing Correa will definitely address this problem, but I wonder if it's enough for a 10/10. With Correa arriving I'm landing on a 9,5/10, with the surprising effectiveness and ability Maldini has shown on the market with limited resources. Modric would be fantastic but somewhat Gallianiesque with the treq position lacking a serious reinforcement before we can count ourselves on paper as a given contender for top 3.

There's a lot of work to do, and I expect frustrating August and Septembers results wise.

Forza Milan my brothers. May we join our birthright company next fall!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Trumpguy Ndombele - Wud've glady scarified both Bennacer & Kessie for him.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
we'll be fending off 60+m offers for both kessie and bennacer next season

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Trumpguy Ndombele - Wud've glady scarified both Bennacer & Kessie for him.

You haven’t even seen bennacer play yet

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
I would probably want and be able to write a masters degree on Paolo Maldini's transition from player legend to director. I have to find out how to make that relevant. Real interesting stuff.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
You haven’t even seen bennacer play yet

But I watched the 1st MOTD on iPlayer just now... Ndombele, wow!

Its wot Mbaka was meant to be!

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Sky have no clue about Milan atm. Literally useless lol.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
apparently correa is one of the biggest character guys in the game. we can definitely use some more of that after some of the soft floaters we've signed in the past

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Too late to sign players now, our season is already fucked.

giphy.gif

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
SKY - Correa's agent has changed plans. He will first meet the Atletico mgmt to let them know he will not accept Monaco and only wants Milan. He will thenunderstand the conditions to take the player to Milan.

He will then meet w Milan to try and close the deal

Somehow the media know that Correa doesn’t want to accept the offer from Atlético but Atlético themselves don’t know. These stories are such garbage.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
apparently correa is one of the biggest character guys in the game. we can definitely use some more of that after some of the soft floaters we've signed in the past

Would you like to elaborate?

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man, literally nothing is leaking. I am so bored. I expected some big reports by now but it is almost another week passed without a single sale or buy... Maldini already checking in for his Ibiza flight tomorrow...

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
GdS: Suso's chances of staying at Milan becoming more concrete after yesterday's meeting with Lucci. Although it is still not certain.

CorSera: Suso is destined to remain in Milan in case of offers under 30 mln.

Duarte and Kessie are expected to start against Cesena according to **********.

**********: Theo Hernandez should return to training after the first two matches against Udinese and Brescia.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
For me it's frankly worrying to read the amount of people hallucinating about a Balotelli return.

Will you ever learn?

That man has had a million chances to prove himself worthy of greatness and he's pissed away every single one. With purpose. Yet members of this board treat him like some forgotten saviour that we should all really love and welcome if given the chance.

It's almost as improbable as believing in the return of the non-entity of Jesus. Oh wait...

He carried the whole Milan in his first seasons, without Balo we were shit and we saw what happened after his departure (10th place and thanks to Menez). The team was so poor and Balo was like having a Messi in that time.

Over 30 goals, over 10 assists, more goals from free kicks than any player who arrived after him, better ball control than any other.

IRON MAN

FU R
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Maldini, Kaka, Seedorf, Pirlo, Baresi, Weah, Shevchenko, Nesta, Bilic, Jarni, Van Basten.
SKY - Correa's agent has changed plans. He will first meet the Atletico mgmt to let them know he will not accept Monaco and only wants Milan. He will thenunderstand the conditions to take the player to Milan.

He will then meet w Milan to try and close the deal

I feel M&B are losing so much time on him.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Balo is stupid as fuck. The definition of stupid actually. Amazing talent wasted because of his empty head. Keep away from Milan

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Paqueta

Is he tempted by the PSG circus?

No, he wants to be enlightened by the Professor

Class of 2019/20 is going to be a good one

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
GdS: Milan don't need to sell Silva & Suzo to sign Korea.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Media: We just make shit up for a living.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
This is the week of the beginning of rehabilitation.

Suso, Kessie, Dybala, Pogba all resta.

Who knows, maybe even Icardi will resta in two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule