Week 38: Milan vs Fiorentina - 20/5/2018 18:00

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Gattuso is the manager of this team talking about his player to the media. Are you really naive enough to take what he says seriously?

Are you ignorant enough to not know by now that he shoots from the hip?

The guy offered to resign when we had our Rocky start, publicly stated that he banished Kalinic for being shit in training and physically threatened Mastour....not to mention, literally slapped his own staff.
If he didn't think Silva was talented, he wouldn't have said so.

If you're looking for cunning and deceit look in the mirror, not at our coach.

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Have you seen the things ppl write about Silva? :lol:

silva is a different case, he is a new player with 38 M price tag, expectations are huge on him, and he didn't serve the team for 4 years now like bona did.

on silva talk, i do rate him, he got the talent, but he did flop this year, i believe the main reason why he flopped was he didn't get enough chances adapting to a new league(unlike hakan for example), i don't know why coaches don't like him or don't rate him, hakan sucked the first half in every imaginable way, but they give him his time and now he is our best player, i believe if silva given enough chances like kali or hakan he would be one of our best players currently as well, unfortunately this wasn't the case and most likely he would be sold in the summer.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Why do you let him talk to you this way, Necro?

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
What a nice discussion in this match thread

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
yes i hope you are laughing as much when Napoli play CL football whereas Milan will play FC tractor from Eastern Europe next next season - due to the tactics of one man

That one man being Montella, right?

I've finally figured out who Sarri reminds me of: Pardew.

But Pardew did come closer to winning a trophy in the 2006 FA Cup final...

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Fantastic game, fantastic result.

In the end, the answer was ATTACARE - of course the infallible, all knowing, all powerful and eternal presidente Berlusconi already knew that long ago.

The last few days of rumors were a bit depressing and weighing on me but honestly, I am very optimistic as long as we stick with Rino. Get him what he asks for and we'll get back to the top. Rino was a worldclass player and he'll become a world class coach.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
What a performance from the lads! Top draw! Milan is BACK baby! :star: :cool:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fantastic game, fantastic result.

In the end, the answer was ATTACARE - of course the infallible, all knowing, all powerful and eternal presidente Berlusconi already knew that long ago.

The last few days of rumors were a bit depressing and weighing on me but honestly, I am very optimistic as long as we stick with Rino. Get him what he asks for and we'll get back to the top. Rino was a worldclass player and he'll become a world class coach.
Glad you are back!

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Because if you've watched Serie A football even a little bit, it's easy to make out the ones who just don't have the raw material to succeed in this league. I must have said this some 40 times already in this forum, but Andre Silva is just not talented enough to get away with his obviously limited intelligence while on the ball - one or the other quality is needed to succeed here (and in most top leagues, in EPL you can probably get away with physical excellence as well).

Romagnoli on the other hand has shown excellent maturity and tactical awareness in the past for his lapses to be forgiven earlier in the season.

It's really not rocket science.

This doesn't make sense, you are saying it about Romagnoli in hindsight which is the easy thing to do. People were asking for Romagnoli to be sold and now will sell their mother before they do him.

And if Silva shines in the world cup/wherever he plays next season, then will the same people who cause me + other milan fans undue stress then apologise for shitting on him?

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
silva is a different case, he is a new player with 38 M price tag, expectations are huge on him, and he didn't serve the team for 4 years now like bona did.

on silva talk, i do rate him, he got the talent, but he did flop this year, i believe the main reason why he flopped was he didn't get enough chances adapting to a new league(unlike hakan for example), i don't know why coaches don't like him or don't rate him, hakan sucked the first half in every imaginable way, but they give him his time and now he is our best player, i believe if silva given enough chances like kali or hakan he would be one of our best players currently as well, unfortunately this wasn't the case and most likely he would be sold in the summer.

38million is very little in todays market

Man utd paid 80million or even more for Pogba and Lukaku

did they bring them the EPL, CL? ?

Psg paid however much for Neymar and still didn't win CL

yet people crying about 38 million for silva :lol: and putting expectation on him to cure cancer.

he wasn't given the chances at all. #writingonthewall is there, he will turn out to be another Auba

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
This doesn't make sense, you are saying it about Romagnoli in hindsight which is the easy thing to do. People were asking for Romagnoli to be sold and now will sell their mother before they do him.

And if Silva shines in the world cup/wherever he plays next season, then will the same people who cause me + other milan fans undue stress then apologise for shitting on him?

I can't speak for other people. I had faith in Romagnoli, I don't have faith in Andre Silva.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Bonaventura selfishness is the big problem, just tell him to pass the ball more than all he is doing now. Someone said he saved us in the past season where no one was performing, fine but now we need collective players. Yeah we are fighting but that's not the reason why everyone should find how to score a Maradonna goal everytime. Strikers are recruited to score and they are workin for that. U are a midfielder just contribute for the team success not your own.
This team only need accomplished LW and RW to shine + Hakan as CAM. Kessie, Biglia, Locatelli / Baselli. That will be fine.

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Glad you are back!

Thanks, I didn't get to post here during the match today, watched the game elsewhere. Maybe this was the reason we played so well :lol:

Apparently I missed another great pointless Kalinic vs Silva debate here, so that makes me a winner too :D

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Bonaventura selfishness is the big problem, just tell him to pass the ball more than all he is doing now. Someone said he saved us in the past season where no one was performing, fine but now we need collective players. Yeah we are fighting but that's not the reason why everyone should find how to score a Maradonna goal everytime. Strikers are recruited to score and they are workin for that. U are a midfielder just contribute for the team success not your own.
This team only need accomplished LW and RW to shine + Hakan as CAM. Kessie, Biglia, Locatelli / Baselli. That will be fine.

It's a start man... need some pace or intelligence on those wings.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The thing about today's match is that if we didn't get that quick equaliser, I think we might have lost. This mentality needs to be addressed. It might be due to our youth, but I think it's one of the major areas we need to improve.

Because when we have finishing, this team is scary.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
We did good without Suso.

And i'm happy, we wont stuck with "Suso's Pair" anymore.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players

These ppl NEVER apologize. It's always on to the next troll.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Fantastic game! Fantastic result! Hakan !!! *in love* Cutrone !!! *applause* Romagnoli my absolute favourite!!! *star* We’ve confirmed 6th so no qualifiers! Forza Milan!

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
damn this victory feels so good

i still have that feeling buzzing through me

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are you ignorant enough to not know by now that he shoots from the hip?

The guy offered to resign when we had our Rocky start, publicly stated that he banished Kalinic for being shit in training and physically threatened Mastour....not to mention, literally slapped his own staff.
If he didn't think Silva was talented, he wouldn't have said so.

This is why I think you are cherry picking.

Rino DID say those things and DID bench Kalinic, but he also went back to benching Silva again, what gives?

When Rino says he’s talented just need work you believe him, but when Rino makes a decision and bench him you question that decision.

So if you really take Rinos words for gospel, then maybe look at how he’s handled Andre Silva towards the end of the season as an indicator of what he thinks about Silva’s contribution

interesting my memory says otherwise but ok

So, when people disagree about Silva you dig up other threads where they said something silly about another player to discredit the poster.

The fact that you guys are digging up posts just proves how shit he is. Otherwise I am sure you can find stats or things on the field to prove your points regarding Silva

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^Good post Curupira. Thats how to put your brain to good use :D

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This is why I think you are cherry picking.

Rino DID say those things and DID bench Kalinic, but he also went back to benching Silva again, what gives?

When Rino says he’s talented just need work you believe him, but when Rino makes a decision and bench him you question that decision.

So if you really take Rinos words for gospel, then maybe look at how he’s handled Andre Silva towards the end of the season as an indicator of what he thinks about Silva’s contribution
I don't see inconsistencies in my argument.

A coach recognizing a player's talent doesn't always correlate with the coach's use of said player.

Capello said that R9 was the most talented player he ever worked with.....then froze him out of the squad and sent him to Milan.

Coaches also want Grinta and hard work and many times pick the worker over the more talented player....which is reasonable in many cases.

It's also the case that some coaches simply don't know how to use a certain player or how to get the best out of them. Some actually freely admit to this. For instance, SAF was never able to get the best out of any South American player other than Tevez. I think Carlo kinda admitted to dropping the ball on Henry (I could be wrong on this one so don't see me pls)

I just personally think Gattuso is either fucking up on developing Silva into the player that even he thinks he can become

OR

He's punishing him for not putting the effort in training.

Also Silva is no angel in this story. It's partly his job to convince the coach in the first place.

MY personal opinion is that he isn't being given a proper chance yet.
A few minutes here and there and missing a whole game isn't going to help imho.

I also gotta say.... Grintuso's coaching had turned around our form.
Maybe Silva is an unfortunate casualty

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
yes i hope you are laughing as much when Napoli play CL football whereas Milan will play FC tractor from Eastern Europe next next season - due to the tactics of one man

you mean napoli reserves will be playing CL football?

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
you mean napoli reserves will be playing CL football?

No idea what this means

But. We just spent 240M

Napoli finsihed on 91 points

73 got u into UCL

We finished on 64

8 points dropped vs bene and verona alone :fp:

Forza MIlan :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I have to say that I've never seen anyone defend such an obviously shit player like Silva like I've seen here this season.. It's hilarious I pity poor Ricardo Oliveira, Adiyiah etc etc who didn't have this ardent support from the morons.
Considering your track record you should be the last one to speak

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
sixth place after spending 240M... yehhh excellent job Mirabeauty & Faxone

:dance: