Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
r3dman said:
Yeah, but I didn't agree to ther fact that he was man of the match. Ronaldinho was!
Only because he scored two goals. If Messi had scored at least one, he would be the man of the match.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Come on now…..
Messi did play good but no way he was MOF.
Ronaldinho had Real’s fan applauding him.
Dinho is the best player in the world & the world include Messi.
Dinho , if he continue like that , will become even greater than Maradona or Pelle.
He already posses better skills than both but we just need 2 wait 2 see how many titles he will win.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Wild said:
Come on now…..
Dinho , if he continue like that , will become even greater than Maradona or Pelle.
He already posses better skills than both but we just need 2 wait 2 see how many titles he will win.
And thats a totally unbiased view is it? coming from the self-confessed Brazil adict :head:

Bambino D'oro

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Oddo, Diana, Gilardino, Toni, Volpi, Totti, De Rossi
Wild said:
Come on now…..
u were alive to watch pele?

Olly126

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*sheva* *Kaka* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Pirlo*
I agree Ronaldinho is a better player than Messi at this point (just about) however Messi is much younger and already a lot better than Dinho was at the same age, therefore i can only see Messi becoming a greater player once her gets a greater experiance of playing CL and La liga etc. He is simply stunning for someone so young and although he may not have the same skills he has the ability to run past 2,3,4 players as if they wernt there and hes only played a few competitive matches!

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
And thats a totally unbiased view is it? coming from the self-confessed Brazil adict :head:
maldini_mo said:
u were alive to watch pele?
Messi is much better than Robinho.
So m not been a Brazilian fan.

Pele is brazilian u know.
And I think Maradona is more skilled than Pele.
Pele have better attitude + better results.

Am 32 years old.
So I know Maradona very well.
He was a genious + a great player.
I watched him live in all his wold cups.
I know him when he was in Barca + Napoli.

Pele I only watched by watching highlights of him.

Ronaldinho is better than both when its about skills + class.
And if he continue like he is doin now he will surely have more titles than both.
Ronaldinho is a team player while Maradona is an individual player.

Maradona used 2 use his agility + strength more than skills 2 dribble.
If u see his goals he is more like Ronaldo when he was fit.
Very fast + strong.

Ronaldinho is more fun.
He enjoy soccer & let ppl enjoy.

Last edited:

Adri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Boban, van Basten, Kaka, Sheva, Etxeberria,Guerrero
AUPA ATHLETIC BILBAO!!!!
Unfortunately last in the Primera but still great

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Olly126 said:
I agree Ronaldinho is a better player than Messi at this point (just about) however Messi is much younger and already a lot better than Dinho was at the same age, therefore i can only see Messi becoming a greater player once her gets a greater experiance of playing CL and La liga etc. He is simply stunning for someone so young and although he may not have the same skills he has the ability to run past 2,3,4 players as if they wernt there and hes only played a few competitive matches!
That’s only coz Dinho used 2 play in Brazil not in Barca with all the media like Messi does.
I have a video about Dinho when he was like 17 & till now I don’t know how the fuck he dribbled that player even if u repeat it over n over.

Am not sayin that Messi is a bad player.
I think he is a great talent with a bright future if he keep evolving.
But better than Dinho ?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why do ppl rush players b4 they evolve + mature ?
Lets wait & see if they will become great players.

I mean when we signed Gila there was talk that he is better than Sheva.
And now Messi is better than Dinho.

Messi might get injury by 2morrow & never play soccer.
How would he better than Dinho who already won the WC + leagues with his teams + titles + trophies.

Lets wait till Gila score as much or even close than Sheva with Milan b4 we judge.

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I really don’t know & neither than u.
He might & he might not.

He might die in a car accident & never play soccer again.
He might no progress like expected.

I say he will become a great player but never better than Dinho.
Dinho is still young also so he 2 should mature more.
Fuck , what will he do when is 28-29 ?

Did any of u saw Barca yesterday ?
Wow , Messi + Ronaldinho = joy.
Etto is a great striker.

I have a question :
Raykard played a player @ the end of the game.
He was like young so I wanna know how old + name if any1 can help.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Wild said:
Did any of u saw Barca yesterday ?
Wow , Messi + Ronaldinho = joy.

Its the best trio for the moment..

Ronaldinho today won the Europian Player of the Year. Congretulations to all his fans :D

Last edited:

Adri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Boban, van Basten, Kaka, Sheva, Etxeberria,Guerrero
Finally, thanks to Luis Prieto we won a game!!! Now we had to continue that run and hope to reach a secure place in mid-table as soon as possible
AUPA ATHLETIC

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Wild said:
I say he will become a great player but never better than Dinho.

I know Messi is still a question mark, but I do feel like he can be better than Ronaldinho...there are 1000s of Ronaldinho's out there on a brazilian beach(actually there are 1000000s of Ronaldinho's in every latin american beach right now) right now, while Messi's style is not something you can't find everywhere.
It took a lot of years for Ronaldinho to become the star he is and it took him a lot of la Liga games to find to adapt his game to Barcelona, while Messi(much younger than Ronaldinho) is already adapted, with more games + good advices, he will be better than Ronaldinho(who isn't near to be as good as Maradona, sorry, Maradona was really out of this world, his ball control, his goals, his leadership, sure he made a huge mistake, but he was amazing).

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
crazy4milan said:
It took a lot of years for Ronaldinho to become the star he is and it took him a lot of la Liga games to find to adapt his game to Barcelona, while Messi(much younger than Ronaldinho) is already adapted, with more games + good advices, he will be better than Ronaldinho
I partly agree with you. Messi is only 18 and already plays great. He has the chance to be better than Ronaldinho, but it's not a fact. It depends on how he deals with fame, money etc.

crazy4milan said:
Ronaldinho (who isn't near to be as good as Maradona, sorry, Maradona was really out of this world, his ball control, his goals, his leadership, sure he made a huge mistake, but he was amazing).

Maybe latter he will be, but not at this moment. Anyway if you like Maradona I have some videos which you'll find interesting, if you haven't seen em already.
http://milan.ipsec.ro/Maradona - Life is life.mpg
http://milan.ipsec.ro/Maradona Show.mpg

Zvone_Boban

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
°Ronaldinho° | °Boban° | °Kaka'° | °Messi° | °Kranjcar° |
come on, Ronaldinho is the world best player... there is no sense to discuss any more...
;)

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Zvone_Boban said:
come on, Ronaldinho is the world best player... there is no sense to discuss any more...
;)

Is only compared to other current players. I was lucky enough to see Maradona playing when I was little, and I can tell you he was better. Don't know about Pele though, I've only seen some recordings with his goals. But you can notice he usually disses Maradona, and that means he's insecure and deep down he knows Maradona was in fact better than him. :devilpim:

Zvone_Boban

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hei, u can't have maradona in ur team now.. so... ronnie is the best player ;) :D

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Zvone_Boban said:
hei, u can't have maradona in ur team now.. so... ronnie is the best player ;) :D

So in your opinion Ronaldinho is the best player at all time, because others aren't playing anymore? What a weak argument. :head:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
r3dman said:
Is only compared to other current players. I was lucky enough to see Maradona playing when I was little, and I can tell you he was better. Don't know about Pele though, I've only seen some recordings with his goals. But you can notice he usually disses Maradona, and that means he's insecure and deep down he knows Maradona was in fact better than him. :devilpim:

My argument to believe Maradona was better than Pele(even if I never saw the later play) is that Maradona never had a fantastic team near, he had some good players, but not the great players that Pele had. Maradona took Napoli and made it big, Maradona made Argentina champion of the world in 86' almost by himself.

Zvone_Boban

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
just wait....
ronaldinho is the best player ever walk on the earth ;)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Real Madrid Sack Luxemburgo

12/4/2005 2:55:00 PM
Vanderlei Luxemburgo has been sacked as coach of Real Madrid the club announced on Sunday evening and B team coach, Juan Ramón López Caro, will take temproary charge.
The club’s vice-president, Emilio Butragueño, and sports director, Arrigo Sacchi, made the decision after the unconvincing win against Getafe on Saturday, which saw the team booed off by their own fans in El Bernabeu.

"The Real Madrid board has decided that Vanderlei Luxemburgo will not continue as coach of the first team," club vice president, Emilio Butragueno, told a news conference on Sunday evening.

"It wasn’t an easy decision, but the board considered that we had reached a point where we needed a change.

"The team were not living up to expectations and that worried both us and the fans and that was the fundamental reason for our decision, which was unanimous."

In a meeting on Sunday morning, Luxemburgo was told by the duo that his tenure at the club was over and an official announcement was made this evening.

President, Florentino Perez, called an emergency board meeting to formulate a press conference to announce the departure of the coach that has lasted just under a year in charge.

Luxemburgo did oversee a light training session on Sunday morning, but then met with Butragueño and Sacchi to be told the news and was asked to return home where he would be informed of the announcement later in the day.

The Brazilian was officially told about the decision along with team captain, Raúl, although both knew what was coming after the news was leaked earlier in the day.

López Caro, who flew back from taking charge of the B team, Real Madrid Castilla, in their Segunda A clash with Gimnastic Tarragona, is expected to take charge for the remainder of the season, while the club lines up a new coach for the start of the 2006-07 campaign.

After taking over in January this year, Luxemburgo's first match in charge was a strange one, as he oversaw the final seven minutes of the home match against Real Sociedad, after a bomb scare at El Bernabéu had seen the game abandoned before Christmas.

Ronaldo netted a penalty to win the match for Madrid and the team embarked on a seven-match unbeaten run under their new coach.

Defeat in the Champions League against Juventus dampened the spriits slightly, but a strong finish to the season saw Madrid threaten to catch eventual champions Barcelona at one stage, before Los Merengues had to settle for second place.

Luxemburgo cannot be blamed for the change in personnel at the club during the summer as the club's new sports director, Arrigo Sacchi, and vice president, Emilio Butragueño, decide upon who should stay and who should be signed.

What he can be blamed for is a series of bizarre experiments with tactics, which the players openly complained about, and a lack of authority over the players, who were clearly unhappy and the team's disciplinary record under him has deteriorated.

After opening this campaign with a win at Cádiz, the team lost their next three outings and, despite a run of six consecutive victories in late-September and early-November, it was the style of play that was causing most concern.

Madrid were still picking up points and remained close to the top of the table, but their unconvincing displays led to a vote of confidence recently after being outplayed by arch rivals Barcelona, but the board's hand was forced after a dismal showing in the 1-0 win against Getafe on Saturday.

Ronaldo clinched all the points for the home side, but the team were booed off after their modest neighbours looked the stronger side and enjoyed 64 per cent of the possession.

The decision to sack the coach was not one that the club would have taken lightly, but after lengthy negotiations with various members of the coaching staff, Butragueño and Sacchi, advised the president and the board that it was time for a new face to take charge.

Axing Luxemburgo will be another black mark against Florentino Pérez as he is now looking looking for his sixth coach since removing Vicente Del Bosque the day he won the club's 29th league title at the end of the 2002-03 season.

Carlos Quieroz was brought in as the new face, after the president believed that the Del Bosque did not match the club's new image, but the Portguese coach lasted just one season, before being replaced by former Spain trainer José Antonio Camacho.

The club's former player could only take the pressure for three months and resigned on the flight back from a defeat at Espanyol, just three matches in to last season, and reports suggested that he was furious about being told that certain players had to play.

Mariano García Remón was plucked from the club’s coaching staff and was put in charge for the three months leading up until last Christmas, before Luxemburgo was unveiled.

[Source: Goal.com]

Does this mean that Ancelotti is going to Real? :eek:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milanist said:
12/4/2005 2:55:00 PM
Does this mean that Ancelotti is going to Real? :eek:
And Wanderlei's gonna wander off to Milan ? I'll have nightmares 2nite.... :rolleyes:

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
ANCELOTTI or CAPPELO?

One of them is heading to REAL definetly...i just know that its gonna be italian.

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Passion for *9* said:
And Wanderlei's gonna wander off to Milan ? I'll have nightmares 2nite.... :rolleyes:
I can see/hope Carletto goes to Madrid. But surely Luxemburgo will not move to us. Because the only thing he has in his favour is that he is prone to presidential medaling. Oh, wait, thats B's idea of a tactical genius, almost certain to happen then :o

Leo_123

Banned
Reaction score
I kind of feel sorry for him in a way, what more could he of done. The board expect them to win every game 5-0 and the supporters are even worse. I think the new coach would have to look at there defence and GET a holding mid to support the defence. So many teams run through there midfeild its not funny. I belive that real went bad when the got rid of Makalele.

I hope Carlo goes there, it would be good for him and us

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
I don't care for Real, but if they are goin to take Ancelotti, now I don't have anything against.

But.. who can you see as out next coach?

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
it`s time carlo to follow vanderley
!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I didn't know Luxemburgo had been with Real for less than a year. And he gets canned already? I say sack the egomaniacs on that team instead.

NeSTa_86 said:
it`s time carlo to follow vanderley
!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!

!!!CARLO OUT!!!!
Don't you have anything else to contribute to a discussion besides parroting "Carlo out" on nearly every thread?

Rex

Reaction score
Merged.

Both of them are just waiting to count the time call it day. Clearly I am NOT expecting Luxa takes over Milan's coaching seat to replace Ancelotti either. Try to make a better list before making hurried decision, board!