Ze Maria eyes dream Milan move

acdc81

Beginner
Reaction score
Ze Maria eyes dream Milan move
Saturday 6 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perugia star Ze Maria has confessed a dream move to Milan is on the cards for next season.

“I would love to put myself up to the challenge of one of Milan’s two big clubs,” revealed the Brazilian winger.

He has been courted by a series of sides including Juventus, Inter, Lazio and Tottenham, but makes it clear his future colours are red and black.

“I have an excellent rapport with Carlo Ancelotti, going back to our days together at Parma. With him in charge, we all banded together and performed a stunning comeback to go from the relegation zone to a second-place finish.”

Ze Maria would bring some much-needed width to the Rossoneri side and act as understudy to 33-year-old Marcos Cafu.

“My contract with Perugia expires in 2006,” he pointed out after five years with the club, “and President Luciano Gaucci has every right to earn money from my sale.”

The Grifoni are unlikely to hold him back and right now the price tag on the Brazilian is £3m.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar6a.html

there have already in the past been a lot of rumours about Ze Maria joining us somewhen in the future. well i can't follow italian football as i would like to so can anyone tell me if he's up to milan's level of soccer? by the way i checked soccerage for his age and this guy seems to be born on 7/25/1973. wow and i thought he is young? im not so sure if we need another old player. i think we should try to create at least a healthy balance and not drift totally on the wrong side of the thirty.

what do you all think?

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I don't like Ze Maria's style that much and I don't think he's good enough to join us. He is old too!!

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
No Need for him we Got Simic he is good whats rong with him???

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
I don't like ze maria style... :head:

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
He is not that bad.He has a good tecnique and in my opinion better than Simic.he has always performed well in Perugia but I don't know how he will perform in a big club

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
Yes he is good but is not the style for milan... (that's an extension of what I said) :devil2:

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I've seen Ze Maria play a couple of times and I must admit I always liked his play. I think he'd be a good addition to our team and would add great depth. His age is a concern but if you think about it his price tag isn't very high. Although Ze Maria himself is not enough as we must add a couple of youngsters to our defense since Maldini, Cafu, and Castacurta are very old and I guarantee we will have injury problems next season so we need players to fill in. I think Ze Maria would be a great improvement on Simic and a good addition to theh Milan team next season.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Sheva_CRO said:
I don't like Ze Maria's style that much and I don't think he's good enough to join us. He is old too!!

How old is he?I think he is 28

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Yea something like that.
mah... whatever man we got Dario, and i dont know why the fuck he aint playin no more. I hope its not as rivaldo-s case!

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Zé Maria is 30 years old.

Anyhoo, there's nothing in this article that suggest that Milan are interested and/or made a bid. Hopefully, it stays that way.

If they want someone to "act as an understudy to 33-year-old Marcos Cafu", it better be a player who's relatively YOUNGER.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yee Ze Maria can only dream about comin' 2 A.C.M

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Now do these guys think if they out themselves as rossoneri, talk reminiscently of the good old days with Ancelotti + kiss enough a$$ they'll land that fat deal or what ?

They should put up a sign at Via Turati #3: Players 30+ need not apply, we're overstocked. :tongue:

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Let's forget this one....
It's a useless transfer.

If Galliani signs him than I'm ganna be pist-off. :mad: :mad:

What such a waste of money if we sign him. Stam is more considerable.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah..i would not like to see Ze Maria at Milan..no doubt he is a good player..but he would find it difficult to fit in and Milan simply do not have space for his position anymore..he would not be a smart buy...

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Ze Maria is a good player. I remember seen him playing in Parma a couple of years ago, he was damn good! And he still is! But Im afraid that he's a little bit too old for us, and btw; why do we need a back-up for Cafu when we already have Simic, who afterall is a good player..?

NO to Ze Maria..

Schedule