Mattia De Sciglio Thread

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He actually played pretty good in the derby. Made a big mistake not maintaining the line on the Candreva goal, but besides that I think he was solid.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Tf u talking? He's been awful every time he played Lb this season. Fucking Vangioni did better than him, that says a lot.

dont cate about vulture quote, he's a niang and des fanboy ffs.

He was awful yesterday. Yes, But overall this season has by far been his best season since season 12/13.
____
New contract plz and for god sake switch him to rb permanently.

Last edited:

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
He's terrible, simply terrible. He's far too casual on the ball and in his clearances from defense, his crosses are awful and rarely clear the first defender or else deliver too long. To think he is our captain is just unbelievable

He should have been more aggressive in the tackle for the first goal yesterday and he didn't track back jnto space quick enough for the second goal

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
his haters have no clue what they are spitting out of their mouths.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
his haters have no clue what they are spitting out of their mouths.

Ignore the haters - they've never kicked a ball in their life yet act like the foremost authority whenever DES is concerned. They're also inconsistent in their hatred towards players. Whenever their beloved Donnarumma/Calabria make consecutive howlers they remain silent but when DES makes one after a string of good performances they spout their vitriol.

He had a bad game yesterday but the goal was only 50% on him. Given Donnarumma's size he should've positioned himself better and got a hand to the ball instead of standing stock-still like a statue.

At the end of the day DES has had a pretty good season (mostly playing on the WRONG side). Except a select minority, take virtually any FB in the world and have him play on his wrong side and see if he performs better than DES. I doubt it. Anyway, one bad game doesn't change anything. His names still being linked to the worlds top clubs and 2 of the worlds best coaches (Conte + Allegri) always started him and want to sign him. Those are the opinions that matter.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
His names still being linked to the worlds top clubs

giphy.gif

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

So Juve whooped Barca 3-0 but aren't considered a top club? Also Braida's been scouting him for Barca since last year and Ancelotti's interested in bringing him to Bayern. Educate yourself idiot.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Official: Mattia De Sciglio Thread

Ignore the haters - they've never kicked a ball in their life yet act like the foremost authority whenever DES is concerned. They're also inconsistent in their hatred towards players. Whenever their beloved Donnarumma/Calabria make consecutive howlers they remain silent but when DES makes one after a string of good performances they spout their vitriol.

He had a bad game yesterday but the goal was only 50% on him. Given Donnarumma's size he should've positioned himself better and got a hand to the ball instead of standing stock-still like a statue.

At the end of the day DES has had a pretty good season (mostly playing on the WRONG side). Except a select minority, take virtually any FB in the world and have him play on his wrong side and see if he performs better than DES. I doubt it. Anyway, one bad game doesn't change anything. His names still being linked to the worlds top clubs and 2 of the worlds best coaches (Conte + Allegri) always started him and want to sign him. Those are the opinions that matter.

I mostly agree with you, but i can understand why some people might hate on de sciglio.

But don't use donnarumma to prove a point. That kid is a phenomenal and is next level to any player we have at the moment.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
2nd goal was on Romagnoli 100%.

Des is a RB and that is it.

Pato Milan

Beginner
Reaction score
I really don't get the huge ammount of hate against De Sciglio after the derby.

First Inter goal yes, it was his opponent, he could have done better. With good positioning it was offside. No discussion. But in my opinion you also have to congratulate Candrewa for his playing, not everyone would have taken this chance (and no, I don't like to congratulate Inter players for something, but it is in fact well played by him). On another day he probably wouldn't have taken it. Bad luck for us. And! Don't forget Gigio who should have saved the ball, also no discussion for me.

For the second goal guys tell me, how on earth can you blame DeS?? :fp: watch it again, after Calabria loses his duel, in the end it's 3 vs 3. There is no other option than man marking. And it is Romagnoli who should've marked Icardi as DeS has Candrewa? (can't say it for sure) behind him. The moment we and DeS realize Roma is losing his man DeS can do nothing at all. And I am 100% sure that if De Sciglio went for Icardi and Perisic passed the ball to Candrewa instead everyone would blame him for losing his man.

But we can go further and ask what the hell Zapata and Sosa were doing. You just don't know if Zapata wants to mark Icardi or go for the ball, but then again he does nothing at all. Considering how fast these things happen that was probably enough to confuse Roma a little bit, which let the goal happen. And Sosa not tracking back in such a situation, I think it's obvious you cannot do that on such a high level of football.

It wasn't De Sciglios best game for Milan, not at all and that's clear. But to blame him for both goals is ridiculous!

Last edited:

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
MdS wasn't that bad imo. He played very well. But entire defensive line was out of formation for most of the game. Romagnoli had a terrible game, so had Zapata. They both scored, but their defensive work was terrible. With better midfield that wouldn't even show... But MdS wasn't bad. He made some great tackles and didn't waste time on the ball like some others did.

He's still our best by far RB/LB.

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Ambrosini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Pato, Kaka(he'll be back!) Prince, Abate, Ibra, Robbie Keane
OK for those of you who defend (ironic use of vocab) Des, let's just take a moment and consider these 3 things

1. Is he an energetic, switched on, positionally sound defender?

2. A good crosser of the ball?

3. Mentally tough and a leader / good captain?

Now if anyone can honestly answer yes to any of the above then......wow ��

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
OK for those of you who defend (ironic use of vocab) Des, let's just take a moment and consider these 3 things

1. He is calm and he reads game, anticipates opponents moves, tackles very good.

2. That has nothing to do with being a full back - which he is.

3. He's getting better and better. He's gaining trust and with solid CB's he'd have way more confidence playing his own game. But right now he's scared of going out of his position, cause he doesn't trust his CB's to cover for him. -And thanks god he does. Cause Paletta or Zapata dont cover for anyone. Same goes for our midfield.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
3. He's getting better and better. He's gaining trust and with solid CB's he'd have way more confidence playing his own game. But right now he's scared of going out of his position, cause he doesn't trust his CB's to cover for him. -And thanks god he does. Cause Paletta or Zapata dont cover for anyone. Same goes for our midfield.

Wtf, I like DeS and want to keep him.
But our CBs are alot more reliable than our fullbacks, so this doesnt make any sense

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i actually think he is the best crosser(FBs) in the squad. he mixes high, low crosses and short passes. we haven't seen much from calabria though. DeS clearly had some psychological issues since the inzaghi season but now he is doing better. he has been consistent this season but never been our best player. i don't think he should be given the captains armband but with old management it seems he was the main candidate. hopefully donna gets the armband as he is more vocal.

dan11

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De scilgio, El Shaarawy, Kaka, Inzaghi, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Barasei, MVB,Rijkaard
We need to renew him and sud be moved to RB . Selling him wud be just demotivate primavera players who idolise him.
He is alright in my books n from now on wud improve only with first team appearances.

Most of us r frustrated that he hasnt reached his potential, as shown in his 1st season. We all have forgeton long spell of injuries he has had since.
Also to the guys who r saying he is useless in attack, move him to RB, than only can u evaluate his attacking play...

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wtf, I like DeS and want to keep him.
But our CBs are alot more reliable than our fullbacks, so this doesnt make any sense

Our CB's reliable? Srsly? Which team are you looking at for the past years?

He's a full back. It's not his job to make plays and crosses. Different type of player than Antonelli or Abate. Also plays a different role.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
we need to keep him. he needs to be a huge priority. hes incredible, idc about the last game. de sciglio is so fucking da milan its not even funny

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

Yes, yes and yes when he plays on the right. Why else do you think Juve (who just knocked out Barca) want him so badly?

Last edited:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He's a full back. It's not his job to make plays and crosses. Different type of player than Antonelli or Abate. Also plays a different role.

Clearly you haven't heard of such players as Marcelo, David Alaba, Dani Carvajal or even Filipe Luis.

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

2. That has nothing to do with being a full back - which he is.

ld.

Aw full back doesn't need to be able to cross the ball. Ehhhh OK :thumbsup::fp:

Amazes me how some can defend him but I'm not sure if these people are 13 year old fans who don't know any better. I'm front the cafu, Maldini, zambrotta era, so seeing this joker as our captain is beyond insulting.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
De Sciglio is a defender/fullback, not an attacker/winger. Consider this you clowns. Crosses come from Zuzo, Bona or Honda, our fullbacks don't have that role.

HeroMaldini

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio is a defender/fullback, not an attacker/winger. Consider this you clowns. Crosses come from Zuzo, Bona or Honda, our fullbacks don't have that role.

Debating with 12 year old. Waste of time

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Does this wimp think the last seasons of injuries and mediocrity have earned him a massive pay raise?

Looks like his plan is to see out his contract and then join Juve for free if he doesn't get his unearned raise.

Schedule