Russian Premier League Thread

Who will win the Russian League 2009?

• Total voters

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
Ok I guess when the site crashed my thread was deleted. Oh well, Im reviving it.
I dont see why no one else made this since the Russian League is quickly becoming one of the best in Europe.
UEFA Cup wins in 2005 (CSKA Moscow) and 2008 (Zenit St. Petersburg)
We also have many top players in other leagues too:
Arshavin (Arsenal), Zhirkov (Chelsea), Bilyaletdinov (Everton), Pogrebnyak (Stuttgart), Izamilov (Sporting CP), Pavlyuchenko (Tottenham)

Last edited:

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Van Basten, Baresi, Arshavin, Rivera, Nesta, Pato, Gattuso, Lev Yashin, A. Mostovoi
SO, how about RUBIN BEATING THE TREMBLE WINNERS??? :D:D:D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Футбольный клуб "Локомотив" Москва for the win!

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol. Loko suck nowadays. But I dont care about their rivalries, all I want to see is ALL Russian clubs doing good in Europe. I root for all of them when they play

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I noticed it was gone when I had something to contribute but not important enough to re-make the thread by myself or remember what it was now :D

Russian League is nicely improving but I still think the leap to make it into top 6 of Europe is going to be very hard. Rubin obviously deserves praise for their win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If they qualify then it would be another thing. When was a Russian team in play-offs?

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I noticed it was gone when I had something to contribute but not important enough to re-make the thread by myself or remember what it was now :D

Russian League is nicely improving but I still think the leap to make it into top 6 of Europe is going to be very hard. Rubin obviously deserves praise for their win but let's not get ahead of ourselves. If they qualify then it would be another thing. When was a Russian team in play-offs?

Not completely sure but Spartak was there some time ago. I remember watching the 1st KO match against Real when Titov was at his best and terrorizing Madrid's back four

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ramos relying on United yardstick
Tuesday 20 October 2009
Match preview
e-mailPrintDiggSave

CSKA coach Juande Ramos with Sergei Ignashevich at the pre-match press conference (©Getty Images)
Photos/Wallpapers »

PFC CSKA Moskva coach Juande Ramos is relishing the opportunity to pit his wits against Manchester United FC and Sir Alex Ferguson when the three-time UEFA Champions League winners travel to Russia for their third Group B game holding a three-point lead in the standings. Sir Alex has already experienced plenty of euphoria at the Luzhniki Stadium, venue for the 2008 final win against Chelsea FC, but despite the emotions stirred by a return to the Russian capital and the prospect of facing Liverpool FC at the weekend, the United manager is fully focused on the task in hand.

Juande Ramos, CSKA coach
What I like about Russia is that the players are very disciplined, ready to listen and take on new things so training is very positive. Some United players won't feature but I'm sure they will find replacements, just as we will replace the players we are missing. The game will be a kind of barometer for us, showing how close we are to clubs like United. We will be looking to win, to pick up three points and have the chance to do that at home. They have a big match against Liverpool this weekend but [Wednesday's] game, in terms of emotion and the challenge will be comparable to Liverpool. I don't think they will take it easy in any way. Of course, two big matches so close to each other will make their coach shift the workload somehow, but they want to win the group so they need to play for victory.

Sir Alex Ferguson, United manager
Obviously I have fantastic memories [of the Moscow final] but these are things of the past. It was wonderful and I won't forget it but we have a more important match tomorrow. We have analysed CSKA quite a lot in the last two weeks. It is an interesting combination: they have more experienced players in the back four and good young players in front in [Miloš] Krasić and [Alan] Dzagoev. They keep the ball down all the time and show good speed. The [Russian] league becomes stronger and can be compared to other good leagues like Germany and France. There are new teams like FC Zenit St. Petersburg and FC Rubin Kazan – it shows there is room for people with ambition. CSKA are now fifth and need to win all the games to qualify for Europe, so that shows the level of the league. It's not an easy league at all. Our advantage is that we have very good players.

Weekend results
17/10/09 PFC Spartak Nalchik 1-1 CSKA
(Amisulashvili 26; Krasić 2)

• The draw with Spartak Nalchik ended CSKA's run of three successive away defeats in the Premier-Liga, but with leaders FC Rubin Kazan winning they are now seven points off the summit.

17/10/09 Manchester United 2-1 Bolton Wanderers FC
(Knight 5og, Valencia 33; Taylor 75)

• The win took United back to the top of the Premier League as Chelsea lost 2-1 at Aston Villa FC. United have scored 20 goals in their last seven league games.

• Antonio Valencia scored his first goal for United since his summer move from Wigan Athletic FC. It was his first Premier League goal since December 2008, though he has scored twice for Ecuador this season.

Team news
CSKA
Out: Mark González (ankle), Guilherme (thigh)
Doubtful: Vasili Berezutski (cold)
Suspended: none
Misses next match if booked: none

United
Out: Wayne Rooney (calf), Ryan Giggs, Patrice Evra, Ji-Sung Park (knee), Darren Fletcher, Owen Hargreaves (knee),
Doubtful: Nemanja Vidić (ankle), Dimitar Berbatov
Suspended: none
Misses next match if booked: Nemanja Vidić

Background
• United are unbeaten in 13 away games in the UEFA Champions League but they are without a win in five matches against Russian clubs.

• Ramos faced United twice while manager of Tottenham Hotspur FC from October 2007 to October 2008, the first a 3-1 FA Cup fourth round defeat at Old Trafford in January 2008 and then a 1-1 league home draw the following month.

• United trio Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen and Wayne Rooney were on the losing side at the Luzhniki Stadium with England in a UEFA EURO 2008™ qualifier against Russia on 17 October 2007. CSKA's Aleksei Berezutski, Vasili Berezutski and Sergei Ignashevich were in the Russia team that earned a 2-1 victory, despite Rooney hitting the opening goal.

Did you know?
United midfielder Anderson made his UEFA Champions League debut against CSKA for FC Porto in a goalless draw in Portugal in September 2006.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
I love russian league :)
always at 6-7am for me. Is great.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So theres a poll now, so please vote. Im interested in who ppl think the champion will be

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
i would like to see spartak win.
but i think Rubin will.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah personally I would love for Spartak to take the title. But looking into the upcoming fixtures, Spartak has to play CSKA and Zenit (on the last day), so I think Rubin will win.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I feel bad for CSKA today.. i want they to win ManUnited. :)

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2z6xmc9.jpg

Valencia nets late winner in Moscow

Antonio Valencia struck a late winner as Manchester United maintained their 100% record in Champions League Group B at the expense of CSKA Moscow.
• Fergie happy with away success
Chances had been at a premium on the artificial surface of the Luzhniki Stadium - scene of United's final victory in 2008 - but United finished strongly.

Valencia, who celebrated his first United goal last weekend, doubled his tally for the club five minutes from time, moments after rattling the crossbar with a fierce drive.

Nani had earlier gone close with a firm header from a Gary Neville cross while a bouncing 35-yard effort from Paul Scholes in the first half forced Igor Akinfeev to save.

United, who are now well on course for a place in the knockout stages, can now look forward to Sunday's Premier League trip to troubled rivals Liverpool in high spirits.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson, perhaps with Anfield in mind, made five changes from the side victorious over Bolton last time out.

Nemanja Vidic returned to the centre of defence while John O'Shea and Scholes were included in central midfield. Nani and Fabio also came in on the left and formed a good attacking partnership on a flank that proved United's most productive route forward.

Ferguson's suggestion the game would be played on the ground due to the nature of the pitch was true in the early stages as both sides began patiently.

CSKA had the first shot on goal when the dangerous Milos Krasic took advantage of hesitancy from his fellow Serb Vidic but fired wide from outside the box after a weaving run.

United began to assert themselves more midway through the first half and O'Shea had a cross headed clear by Sergei Ignashevich. Fabio also found room to cross twice in quick succession but former Wigan star Valencia was first crowded out and then Akinfeev easily claimed.

Scholes, playing in a deep-lying role, had the visitors' first shot with a dipping long-range effort that bounced awkwardly and Akinfeev touched over for a corner.

CSKA responded with Alan Dzagoev lifting a ball into the box but Tomas Necid's header was of little concern to Edwin van der Sar.

United again attacked down the left and another Nani cross was just too high for lone striker Dimitar Berbatov at the far post.

Krasic, who looked CSKA's most threatening player, beat two defenders to create another chance just inside the area but shot across goal.

Nani again broke clear for United before the break but Neville shot over after the ball worked its way across goal. United had a scare moments before the interval when a Dzagoev free-kick was cleared unconvincingly for a corner.

The second half got off to a lively start with chances at both ends. Nani raced through from a Valencia backheel only to find no-one with his cross while Berbatov controlled well but saw his shot blocked.

Necid then brought down the ball brilliantly outside the United box but after doing the hard work, his shot was tame.

Deividas Semberas then shot well over and Dzagoev had the ball in the net before the hour but the flag had long since been raised for offside and home celebrations were quickly curtailed.

Berbatov flicked the ball into the area for United but his attempts to win a penalty from Aleksei Berezutski came to nothing when he was booked for diving.

United took Rio Ferdinand off with a third of the game remaining and created a chance soon after when Neville crossed for Nani but Akinfeev saved. Michael Owen was introduced as a 71st-minute substitute for Scholes and had a fine opportunity when Valencia crossed five minutes later but he failed to connect with a volley.

Valencia went much closer eight minutes from time when he combined well with Berbatov and Nani on the edge of the area but his powerful shot rebounded off the woodwork. Not to be denied, Valencia went one better five minutes from time when he latched onto a downward header from Berbatov and turned six yards out to lash in the winner.

United's only obvious concern came late on when Fabio was carried off on a stretcher, apparently with cramp.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Spartak goes top of the league for now at least. If Rubin fail to win tomorrow, then Spartak stays top.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They dont. Rubin is leader again. :)

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Juande Ramos was fired again.

Im start to suspicious about his true qualitys.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wtf is CSKA's problem? Theyre becoming the Chelsea of Russia. Just because they have a shitty team, doesnt mean the manager needs to get sacked after every loss. Im kinda pissed because I think Juande Ramos is a talented manager who knows what hes doing. Now CSKA have appointed Slutsky in his spot. Slutsky is an idiot. CSKA will utterly fail, finishing less than 5th in the league and will finish last in the UCL group.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wtf is CSKA's problem? Theyre becoming the Chelsea of Russia. Just because they have a shitty team, doesnt mean the manager needs to get sacked after every loss. Im kinda pissed because I think Juande Ramos is a talented manager who knows what hes doing. Now CSKA have appointed Slutsky in his spot. Slutsky is an idiot. CSKA will utterly fail, finishing less than 5th in the league and will finish last in the UCL group.

Slutsky has a past as coach ??

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
They dont. Rubin is leader again. :)

Great rookie in CL this season. I saw the game between Barca vs Rubin. The players got really good passes for one to another. And they also fast in driblling the ball. The only difference from Barca players are Rubin's technique.They might not as good as Messi and co. But still thriller though to see them. Really amazing that this club it isnt full of stars and just being coached by Kurban Berdiyev who is really new name in the coaching world and he was an ex player before he got his coach certificate. And the interesting part is the coach is also the vice president of the club. And just read that their sport director is in jail because the mafia and political case. But great job.. Rubin Kazan :)

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I actually wrote off Rubin at the start of the UCL and I thought they would get annihilated by Barca and *** Club Printer but looks like I was wrong

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great rookie in CL this season. I saw the game between Barca vs Rubin. The players got really good passes for one to another. And they also fast in driblling the ball. The only difference from Barca players are Rubin's technique.They might not as good as Messi and co. But still thriller though to see them. Really amazing that this club it isnt full of stars and just being coached by Kurban Berdiyev who is really new name in the coaching world and he was an ex player before he got his coach certificate. And the interesting part is the coach is also the vice president of the club. And just read that their sport director is in jail because the mafia and political case. But great job.. Rubin Kazan :)

Cool.. i didnt know the jail stuff.

They have alot of chemistry... i like to watch them play.

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I actually wrote off Rubin at the start of the UCL and I thought they would get annihilated by Barca and *** Club Printer but looks like I was wrong

would be cool if they send inter to EuropeLeague. :)

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hehehe
waayyyy to much.

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hehehe
waayyyy to much.

hey well, its possible. think:

rubin doesnt lose to barca
dynamo beats inter.
then:

dynamo 7
rubin 5
barca 5
inter 3

rubin beats dynamo
barca draws with printer
then:

rubin 8
dynamo 7
barca 6
inter 4

finally, rubin doesnt lose to inter
dynamo doesnt lose to barca
then final table:

rubin 9
dynamo 8
barca 7
inter 5

:D

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Could be... but i really find hard to believe that barça will be out.

Would be nice.. i think Ancelotti will win the UCL with Chelsea.. if dont.. Milan will. :)

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
hey well, its possible. think:

rubin doesnt lose to barca
dynamo beats inter.
then:

dynamo 7
rubin 5
barca 5
inter 3

rubin beats dynamo
barca draws with printer
then:

rubin 8
dynamo 7
barca 6
inter 4

finally, rubin doesnt lose to inter
dynamo doesnt lose to barca
then final table:

rubin 9
dynamo 8
barca 7
inter 5

:D

i would lol. but it is likely that either barca or inter won't get through

nosskyline

CAMPIONI D'ITALIA !!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hopefully its inter that gets fucked