Cristian Zapata Thread

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Will this, officialy be the worlds best defence?

-------------------Van Bommel-------------------
-----Taiwo-----T.Silva-----Zapata-----Abate-----
---------------------Abbiati----------------------

Jizz-tastic. :thumbsup::star:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Will this, officialy be the worlds best defence?

-------------------Van Bommel-------------------
-----Taiwo-----T.Silva-----Zapata-----Abate-----
---------------------Abbiati----------------------

Jizz-tastic. :thumbsup::star:

:eek::eek::eek:

That backline does not require a midfield to protect it, that's for sure...

Ajacied

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco van Basten, Clarence Seedorf, Paolo Maldini, Rino Gattuso, Thiago Silva, Alexandre Pato
I like the guy but he's not gonna play much if he comes now.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Maybe ! He can play both LB, RB and Ofc CB !

Taiwo - Silva - Zapata - Abate !!!

THAT IS A BEAST DEFENCE !!! HOUSE OF PAIN !!!

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Milan, Zapata alternative to Astori

As reported by Sportmediaset , Milan Cristian Zapata of Colombia was identified in the ideal alternative to Davide Astori. The Via Turati club, in fact, still on the trail of central Cagliari, could shift its attention on its Zapata, where the negotiations with Cellino does not take off (probably, you will go to envelopes). The central defender twenty-five, the author of a great season with Udinese, after six years at the Friuli, he might decide to change the air: on him, according to reports, there are also Arsenal and Villarreal.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Taiwo - Silva - Zapata - Abate

:eek:

This shit just seems to unreal, too un-fucking-real.....

Wouldnt like to overrate it, but it has the potential to get close to the Invincibilis defense...

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cristian Zapata vs Davide Astori

Who's better overall and why? [No bias bullshit]

Discuss

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Cristian Zapata vs Davide Astori

Who's better overall and why? [No bias bullshit]

Discuss

I like Astori but atm Zapata is on a different level compared to him. He is more closer to reaching WC status than Astori is (not to say that Astori cant do the same). But while Astori's growth has been a slow process, Zapata has been making a name for himself and is constantly rated one of the top CBs in Serie A for a couple of years now...

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Astori Astori dude is a mediocre fodder Cb, zapata please if he can play as fullback then sign him now.

With zapata we secure a solid Defense iin future we can buy ramos and we will have a non italian defense :star: which can win the league with very ease

Zapata please

Metronomo Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Zapata is surely a better gamble as compared to astori, one can see that it won't take long for him to reach the top, whereas with astori, he's still very prone to silly mistakes.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Zapata. Easily brings more to the table. Apart from being a solid defender he is good at set pieces. Pretty effective in the air. But Astori is already well versed in the happenings of Milan since he is our youth product. I am sure he will bring his game up a few notches if he played for milan first team. I am impressed with what Astori has accomplished playing for a defense like Cagliari. Tough choice either way.

Personally tilting towards Zapata. In simple words he just looks better at everything.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I assume that everytime Silva or Nesta got injured or suspended, Mexés will play (given his wages and quality). Zapata or Astori would have to fight with Yepes to be fourth choice and I'm not even counting Bonera. That takes two or three absences for them to find playing time.

I'm ok with both, but I think it's excessive to have this season those players as fourth or fifth choice, specially cause Yepes can do this job.

And from their point of view, it's too little playing time. They should be looking to be starters and get maximum playing time at this point of career.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I agree with Sven, but thinking ahead for the future both could be good. Astori's deal could be renewed where as Zapata in entering his last year of contract and could be available at a knockdown fee.

Zapata seems physically the better of the two but i think mentally it might be Astori, i wonder which one is actually better at reading the game. I havent seen 10+ matches of either this season so i cant and wont comment on this but i'd appreciate if someone can answer that question for me.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So which of Silva and Zapata would learn to be a man-marker?

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Well, I assume that everytime Silva or Nesta got injured or suspended, Mexés will play (given his wages and quality). Zapata or Astori would have to fight with Yepes to be fourth choice and I'm not even counting Bonera. That takes two or three absences for them to find playing time.

I'm ok with both, but I think it's excessive to have this season those players as fourth or fifth choice, specially cause Yepes can do this job.

And from their point of view, it's too little playing time. They should be looking to be starters and get maximum playing time at this point of career.

That is the dilemma, aint it?

But you also gotta consider that Zapata is in the final year of his contract and now is the perfect time to sign him if we dont wanna face much competition...

Maybe have a deal in place that has Zapata remain in Udinese this season and come to us on free next season? :D

But I'm pretty sure that would fall under 'tapping up' the player...

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
So which of Silva and Zapata would learn to be a man-marker?

I think you under estimate silva's abilities to be a man marker, I know Nesta is the man marker at Milan, but Im sure Silva is qualified to do a great job.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think you under estimate silva's abilities to be a man marker, I know Nesta is the man marker at Milan, but Im sure Silva is qualified to do a great job.

You're convinced that Silva was the best defender in the world this season. If you've got the best in the world, do you really want to move him to a completely different role in order to accommodate a new guy? Seems like an unnecessary gamble to me.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is the dilemma, aint it?

But you also gotta consider that Zapata is in the final year of his contract and now is the perfect time to sign him if we dont wanna face much competition...

Maybe have a deal in place that has Zapata remain in Udinese this season and come to us on free next season? :D

But I'm pretty sure that would fall under 'tapping up' the player...

That was my guess, let Zapata in Udinese one more year. Not sure if all the other clubs in the World will agree not to touch him though.

It also seems that Milan will have to buy the full of Astori now. If he is the choice, let's hope he is ok with one more loan or co-own. But the guy is 24 already, he can't wait all his life for Milan, specially when he has to hold his place in Azzura.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
That was my guess, let Zapata in Udinese one more year. Not sure if all the other clubs in the World will agree not to touch him though.

It also seems that Milan will have to buy the full of Astori now. If he is the choice, let's hope he is ok with one more loan or co-own. But the guy is 24 already, he can't wait all his life for Milan, specially when he has to hold his place in Azzura.

Or give Astori to Udinese to sweeten the deal for Zapata :D

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Maybe we can get a discount on Zapata if we give him to Udinise on loan for 1 season? :D

Though if he covers full-back well, rather him right now, and Antonini, Oddo and Bonera out... (and Onweyu out too of course)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
You're convinced that Silva was the best defender in the world this season. If you've got the best in the world, do you really want to move him to a completely different role in order to accommodate a new guy? Seems like an unnecessary gamble to me.

so who would be the ideal player to partner Silva after nesta is gone?
Mexes? skirtel? chellini just asking

ROSSONERI 4LIFE

Tu 6 tutta la mia vita
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Maldini, Nesta, TSilva, Pirlo, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Sheva, Pippo, Pato, Ibra, Ganso
:lol:
I would take Chiellini but it is queite impossible, so the best options would be Sakho or Zapata.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
That was my guess, let Zapata in Udinese one more year.
Agree. And bring him next year to have one season to learn from Sandro and then take over.

To be honest, I would have preferred Zapata over Mexes any day, but Mexes for free was a deal just too good to pass.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
no more news huh? premature thread

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I think someone more aggressive and dominant would bring out the best in Silva and give Milan's backline the best balance. Ideally, that player would also be a leader/organiser.

Stam. :tongue:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think someone more aggressive and dominant would bring out the best in Silva and give Milan's backline the best balance. Ideally, that player would also be a leader/organiser.

Stam. :tongue:

:eek: they are extinct

dream signings/time machine thread