Massimiliano Allegri Thread II

Which fortunate team will hear 'Dai Dai Dai' next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Inzaghi and Seedorf just started their coaching career unlike Allegri.

While I see Allegri as a good coach , he wasn't going to overachieve with this Milan squad.

We don't know what is achievable with this team, it reminds of Gattuso that was hired by Palermo, and made it look like a shit team (7 points in 6 games). Then a proper coach came along and got Palermo to Serie A and right now Palermo has more points than us.

All I know is that Allegri got us to 3rd place with an El Shaarawy that was a talented but unknown variable and has done jack since Allegri left and a Constant converted into a fullback and a De Sciglio that was coming from Priimavera, with a central defense made of Mexes, Zapata, Bonera and an attack that had Pazzini, Bojan, Emanuelson and Niang. With this team he also won against Barcelona 2-0 without letting them shoot at all on goal.

All I know is that he was able to play people from our youth teams like Merkel, Strasser, etc without making them look like tools.

Allegri is a coach that can tell a player what to do, where the player needs to improve so that he can grow as a player, etc. I don't know if Inzaghi can do the same. We let go Niang, and he gets an assist in his first game, we let go Saponara and he scores goal, gets a penalty and a red card for a Roma player in his first two games with Empoli.

People complain about how Allegri was causing injuries, well he left and we still have injuries and I don't see Juventus having a crisis over injuries.

Is Allegri the best coach out there? Probably not, but he was definitely one of the best we could afford.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
@Ender.. so you telling me sacking allegri wasn't the right thing to do at that time?

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't know what is achievable with this team, it reminds of Gattuso that was hired by Palermo, and made it look like a shit team (7 points in 6 games). Then a proper coach came along and got Palermo to Serie A and right now Palermo has more points than us.

All I know is that Allegri got us to 3rd place with an El Shaarawy that was a talented but unknown variable and has done jack since Allegri left and a Constant converted into a fullback and a De Sciglio that was coming from Priimavera, with a central defense made of Mexes, Zapata, Bonera and an attack that had Pazzini, Bojan, Emanuelson and Niang. With this team he also won against Barcelona 2-0 without letting them shoot at all on goal.

All I know is that he was able to play people from our youth teams like Merkel, Strasser, etc without making them look like tools.

Allegri is a coach that can tell a player what to do, where the player needs to improve so that he can grow as a player, etc. I don't know if Inzaghi can do the same. We let go Niang, and he gets an assist in his first game, we let go Saponara and he scores goal, gets a penalty and a red card for a Roma player in his first two games with Empoli.

People complain about how Allegri was causing injuries, well he left and we still have injuries and I don't see Juventus having a crisis over injuries.

Is Allegri the best coach out there? Probably not, but he was definitely one of the best we could afford.
dorf with the same team with allegri(to compare them on same terms and not with different teams different seasons etc) did a better job than allegri.

that said i agree with you max was one of the best who would accept to come here without asking to spend over 100m on transfers and just accepting random guys like birsa.

but the problem is in management.period

the fact that pipo is clueless, as of today, as coach shouldnt be problem of a milan fan.but it is tnx to management(i mean he should training teams for 3-5 years before hiring him)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Gervinho to gobbi?
B9WqUp7CUAAvk0w.png

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
We let go Niang, and he gets an assist in his first game, we let go Saponara and he scores goal, gets a penalty and a red card for a Roma player in his first two games with Empoli.

Quick update, Niang was one of the best (if not the best) player for Genoa today, got a red card for a Lazio player and a penalty as well as many very good plays. Coincidence ?

dorf with the same team with allegri did a better job than allegri.

No, when Seedorf came we brought Honda, Essien, Taarabt and Rami without forgetting that at least Pazzini also came back from injury and they provided goals and assists (especially Rami and Taarabt ...Robinho got replaced, he was a walking ghost, it was like playing with 10 men and part of the reason why we got to 3rd place the previous year was because he didn't play most of the games)

Also, Allegri had to play a lot more mid-week games due to CL group games.

Also, Seedorf had the backing of the higher ups which Allegri didn't and furthermore Seedorf was not forced to use 4-3-1-2 like Allegri (it was obvious we didn't have the players for that formation)

Also a lot of teams at the end of the season, once they get 40 points they don't play as hard cause they have no further goals.

@Ender.. so you telling me sacking allegri wasn't the right thing to do at that time?

Oh, it was the right thing alright, but that was because the management had undermined him completely and it had become hard to make the players follow him ... and not because he was a shitty coach.
If you have time, read about Alec Stock, considered the greatest manager of QPR who got them back to back promotions to the top league. Basically the owner of the club Jim Gregory didn't think he was up to the task in the top league and kept undermining him. Here's a section ... tell me if this sounds familiar.

Jim felt Alec couldn't bring any more successes and he really wanted him out," Phillips tells me. "He started making his life very difficult." In his unpublished memoir, Phillips recalls "constant complaints about the way the team were playing and nonstop criticism of Alec's administrative decisions".
Some 10 years after Stock's sacking, Phillips remembers Gregory bringing him up in conversation. "I was sitting in his office when he suddenly said, 'You know my big mistake, Ron? I should never have let Alec go,'" he recalls. "It was the only time I heard him admit to a mistake."

link for the full article if you're interested - http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2013/oct/30/forgotten-story-alec-stock-qpr-manager

Funny part is that Berlusconi could have fired him before the season started and made it clear that he wanted to, but the fans didn't like that and plus he'd have to pay the remaining year of salary.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Ahem

Allegri

Greatest coach since CL victory

one thing at a time. Let's hammer this point home

No...you don't get it
I was bashing the management...not damage controlling for the newbies(Pippo,Leo,Dorf) or downplaying Allegri(I think Allegri is an alright coach)

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
No...you don't get it
I was bashing the management...not damage controlling for the newbies(Pippo,Leo,Dorf) or downplaying Allegri(I think Allegri is an alright coach)

Greatest
Coach
Since
Last
CL
Victory

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No, when Seedorf came we brought Honda, Essien, Taarabt and Rami without forgetting that at least Pazzini also came back from injury and they provided goals and assists (especially Rami and Taarabt ...Robinho got replaced, he was a walking ghost, it was like playing with 10 men and part of the reason why we got to 3rd place the previous year was because he didn't play most of the games)

Also, Allegri had to play a lot more mid-week games due to CL group games.

Also, Seedorf had the backing of the higher ups which Allegri didn't and furthermore Seedorf was not forced to use 4-3-1-2 like Allegri (it was obvious we didn't have the players for that formation)

Also a lot of teams at the end of the season, once they get 40 points they don't play as hard cause they have no further goals.

no no no and no

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Seedorf came in mid season, had no prep with theam, was a prof footballer one day, coach the next one. It was Allegri's 3rd season at Milan. It wasn't Seedorfs team, he wanted an overhaul but had to finish the season with that team. Team was morally down, after a shitty half of the season.

Also a lot of teams at the end of the season, once they get 40 points they don't play as hard cause they have no further goals

Works both ways, teams in relegation battle or fighting for european spots play extra hard towards the end of the season.

Also, Seedorf had the backing of the higher ups which Allegri didn't

Allegri was Galliani's guy, he had a LOT of merit. Seedorf had lost both B&G's backing after a month or two and suddenly reports came out about them making demands for European football. Despite that, he got results. 3/4th during his spell, with that squad and in that situation was an excellent performance. Better than Allegri's performance that season.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
And now Seedorf is getting paid to do nothing and allegri is at...

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Seedorf came in mid season, had no prep with theam, was a prof footballer one day, coach the next one. It was Allegri's 3rd season at Milan. It wasn't Seedorfs team, he wanted an overhaul but had to finish the season with that team. Team was morally down, after a shitty half of the season.

Works both ways, teams in relegation battle or fighting for european spots play extra hard towards the end of the season.

Allegri was Galliani's guy, he had a LOT of merit. Seedorf had lost both B&G's backing after a month or two and suddenly reports came out about them making demands for European football. Despite that, he got results. 3/4th during his spell, with that squad and in that situation was an excellent performance. Better than Allegri's performance that season.

He lost the backing because of the way he went about exposing the team issues in the media. While I liked his ideas about bringing in different coaches like Stam, Crespo, etc...he went about it the wrong way. You don't just throw your team under the bus like that or criticize the previous coach. You keep your mouth shut and work.

Granted, he did get results but I remember a lot of games that would have ended in stalemate if we didn't get a lucky goal or penalty. We were still too predicable in the attacking phase. People can defend Seedorf all they want but he wasn't as good as people claim.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He lost the backing because of the way he went about exposing the team issues in the media. While I liked his ideas about bringing in different coaches like Stam, Crespo, etc...he went about it the wrong way. You don't just throw your team under the bus like that or criticize the previous coach. You keep your mouth shut and work.

Granted, he did get results but I remember a lot of games that would have ended in stalemate if we didn't get a lucky goal or penalty. We were still too predicable in the attacking phase. People can defend Seedorf all they want but he wasn't as good as people claim.

agreed. Incredibly naive and unprofessional.

These are all discussions which should be had behind closed doors

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Seedorf came in mid season, had no prep with theam, was a prof footballer one day, coach the next one. It was Allegri's 3rd season at Milan. It wasn't Seedorfs team, he wanted an overhaul but had to finish the season with that team. Team was morally down, after a shitty half of the season. Despite that, he got results. with that squad and in that situation was an excellent performance. Better than Allegri's performance that season.

-a- Personally I think Seedorf over-performed. If he had won with Atalanta and clinched a Europa league, I would have no qualms with him getting confirmed. This team is not Inzaghi's team either... and it's not like Allegri, or Leonardo, or Ancelotti were picking their men (pretty sure he didn't pick Ze Eduardo or Birsa ... and I'm also sure that if it was for him, he'd ship Robinho and Pato much sooner)

No arguments about Seedorf having better performance than Allegri that season either, although I think Allegri's performances were due to various circumstances. That said, if I had a club to manage, I'd pick Allegri over Seedorf every single day.

Btw, it was Allegri's 4th season ;)

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
Greatest
Coach
Since
Last
CL
Victory

Not
A
Big
Achievement

2 can play at that way
This is just as hilarious as people crying for Leonardo to come back and how great he was when we hired Allegri

Allegri was a good coach but that's only because he was the only real coach we hired

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Dude seedorf was ok. We dint play much better than we did under pippo. The games we actually dominated, milan ended up losing like atletico and juve at home. We held possession better than pippo's team but we never utilized it properly. Besides, it was mostly in our half of the pitch. Dorf over pippo anyday for sure though.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not
A
Big
Achievement

2 can play at that way
This is just as hilarious as people crying for Leonardo to come back and how great he was when we hired Allegri

Allegri was a good coach but that's only because he was the only real coach we hired

Where do I say it was a great achievement?
He is unequivocally the greatest Milan coach since Ancelloti

This is a

Cold
Hard
Fact

Deal with it

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Allegri is definitely in the top 20 Milan coaches

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oooooops lol. Just like to share some cold hard facts for maxis minions :lol::lol::lol:

goal.caam??

forza Max sounds much better than forza Pippo - the later sounds like date rape

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
his position is safe untill march 18th

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Anyone remember Seedorf's?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like maxi pads would have done better right.

Anyways for those who might not know.... here is the genius allegri... got owned by 'Arry.

2011: Last 16 Tottenham 0-0
2012: Last 16 Arsenal 3-0
2012: Q/F Barca 3-1
2013: Q/F Barca 4-0

11018652_783716948364874_2769760678614642900_n.jpg