Official: Franco Baresi Thread

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
My greatest XI just ends up resembling Milan 1989-94 haha...such an awesome legacy. Probably got 7 or 8 from those teams...

hahah yeh it was a very great team.. probably the greatest ever.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Besides that.. At the bottom there's something about 'diavolo_7', which if you click on, leads to his profile on this forum.

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
tumblr_lgpqbftbUs1qfha0wo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lq2yc9xwzi1qlzd2yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_llwu91qQCb1qgsl0do1_500.jpg

Franco Baresi e Arrigo Sacchi Intercontinentale by ToniBianchi on Flickr

tumblr_lkvppanBYU1qh6vgoo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lkep9uh6Ct1qhm8iro2_400.jpg

tumblr_lkvpojLlnc1qb9lr4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lz4vbxZyOm1qfxktpo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
only player I missed out on ... I have only seen his one game 94 wc final

So unlucky. I was little sad about him and baggio but very busy celebrating

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
only player I missed out on ... I have only seen his one game 94 wc final

So unlucky. I was little sad about him and baggio but very busy celebrating

yeah i only watched him in the final '94 as well. i was little boy back then so didn't quite remember. but seeing the video, baresi did one hell of a performance just in one half. and he was 34 :proud:

tumblr_m09fiuDw3m1qfxktp

got this pic from http://bit.ly/xjWtPp

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Grande Franco, looks like a really charming guy.

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
The ultimate defender :) And we had him for 20 years..

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Franco Baresi: How to defend like a master
Achieve equilibrium with body and mind and you will dominate any opponent – so says the AC Milan and Italy legend, one of the greatest centre-backs to ever play the game
wait-for-the-right-time-to-make-the-tackle.jpg

Be patient

“A defender has to be brave. He has to be prepared to throw himself into tackles and battle with bigger players. You can improve your tackling skills by practising man-to-man combat with one-on-one tackling drills. As a defender you want to be aggressive and determined, but to make your tackles without fouling. If your opponent has the ball and you are the defender, he will try to take the ball away from you. When he makes his move, that’s when you have to act. Wait and intervene at the right time.”

Stay tight

“Marking is a dying art because of the emergence of zonal marking, but I think it’s important for a defender to learn this discipline. When you play zonal marking you’re not watching your opponent, but when a cross comes in you have to look at him – if you don’t, it’s him who scores! So you have to be good at covering ground when necessary. And remember: if a player is bigger than you and good in the air, they may not be very strong technically – so you want to control the game on the ground if you can.”

Work as a team

“How fast you are depends on how you move – forwards, sideways and backwards. To gain an advantage in a one-on-one situation you have to be rapid at turning. It’s not just about being fast as an individual, but as a team. At AC Milan we reached a level where we were one man, moving in line, at the right time, in all directions. In training we used to start one vs one, than two vs two, four vs six, four vs eight. Playing four versus eight taught us how to stop the opposition and forced them to play long ball.”

Prepare for the worst

“Concentration and confidence are fundamental for a defensive player. The more you think as a defender, the more careful you are and the easier it becomes. You know when it’s better to mark your opponent and be aggressive or to take your time. Training is the secret to improving self-belief because you simulate game situations that you will face in a match. Prepare for the worst in training so when it comes to game day you’re calm – you’re prepared. You know how to deal with any situation.”

Attack from the back

“Being comfortable with the ball is important for a defender, because you can start attacks. Press forward with the ball and play short passes into your midfielders, or go direct to your strikers. Players in a well-organised, compact team are never more than 10-15 metres away from each other. When the other side has the ball, you press high up the field as a team. Watch the way Barcelona play – when they lose the ball they immediately press high up the pitch and cause problems for the opposition. Don’t retreat and invite pressure. Be positive.”

Prepare off the pitch

“It’s important to be in good shape. How you look after yourself means a lot. Diet and professionalism are essential if you want to keep playing for a long time. How you train and prepare is just as important as what you do on the pitch. When I prepared and trained well, I was more confident: I’d run out onto the field and I wasn’t afraid. If the team buys into this ethos and you all believe in it, there’s harmony between all the players and the team becomes stronger.

http://performance.fourfourtwo.com/technique/franco-baresi-how-to-defend-like-a-master

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Rino, Ambro, Superpippo, KPB, De Jong, SES, Monty, LA77, Max Allegri, KD35, Manu
Every defender must have a copy of ^^^ with himself all the time.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Question:Who was Milan's captain after Rivera and before Baresi?

Does anyone have the whole list of Milan's appointed captains in history?

Costanza

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
best and most complete defender ever

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
very very intelligent player ... that separates nesta maldini and baresi from the rest

paolo was a physical freak specimen ... I am sad that nesta had his set of back injuries ..

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LEGEND FRANCO BARESI!

baresi_03.jpg

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
8/05/2012 HAPPY BIRTHDAY Captain BARESI

Legendary Milan captain Franco Baresi turns 52 today

Happy Birthday to Franco Baresi. The legendary club captain who is a symbol of the Rossoneri around the world, turns 52 today.

MILAN - There is a special birthday in the Milan household today. Franco Baresi turns 52. He was born on May 8th, 1960 in Travagliato, in the province of Brescia.

Franco Baresi has always been the symbol of the Rossoneri colours and all that they represent.

He still has much to give to all lovers of football, Milan fans and not more than ten years after his farewell as a player, the same great emotions which he gave when he played and won with the Milan jersey.

A true ambassador of Milan who is universally recognized, as evidenced by the many fans who always flock to see him play for Milan Glorie.

The latest example came on March 30, at Ibrox Stadium in Glasgow in Scotland, where 46,000 spectators filled the stands for a sell-out match.

But Franco Baresi is also much more. There are in fact many projects and charities linked to Milan and Milan Foundation in which he is involved.

Happy Birthday Captain! Best wishes from the heart of all Milan fans.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
happy birthday!

never got to see him play. :cry:

tho i aim to just watch highlights of this great man for one whole day. :thumbsup:

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
tumblr_m1ui8v8Lov1rpdsaio1_500.jpg

Romario VS Franco Baresi @ 1994 World Cup
http://futboluseviyoruz.tumblr.com/

tumblr_m357p9Vgd01qfxktpo1_500.jpg

jean-pierre papin and franco baresi
http://interleaning.tumblr.com/

2e3287a.jpg

Maldini and Baresi in Milan Glory
http://everythingandakite.tumblr.com/

tumblr_m1jgt9EOOs1qfxktpo1_500.jpg

Karl Heinz Rumennige vs Franco Baresi

tumblr_m1oswbTZEA1qfxktpo1_500.jpg

Franco Baresi and Ray Wilkins

tumblr_m3gjylEntz1ru2ag8o1_500.jpg

FOOTBALL - Franco Baresi is 52 years old today. He spent his entire career at AC Milan, making more than 500 appearances . “Piscinin” starred three Champions Cup/Champions League winning sides for AC Milan (1989, 1990 and 1994). He was selected in three World Cup squads for Italy, in 1982, 1990 and 1994. He also appeared at Euro 1980. Baresi won the World Cup with Italy in 1982.

======

:star::star: !happy bday legend! :star::star:

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Happy Birthday Il Capitano! :proud:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
happy b'day lil one ;)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I mssed out on him :fp: