Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ngannou in a legit camp would be fantastic

I've seen clips of him clinching/grappling with his coach...it seems rudimentary :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I've seen clips of him clinching/grappling with his coach...it seems rudimentary :lol:

Yea.

His hips are stiff af. You can tell he knows to underhook but never scoots his hip out, so he can never sweep

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Miocic’s corner was like

“Hey, you are AWESOME” to Stipe.
:lol:

awesome would be someone like cain who would have submitted ngannou in the first round.

btw DC :proud: :star:

thought he ate too many shots from ozedmir tho...took them really well but he shouldn't be taking these many shots.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
stiopic should have worn a singlet tonight

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
plot twist

ngannou ko's him with a clothesline from hell

edit:

stiopic breaks the HW defense record, boring fight

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Maybe it's just me not knowing better, but I expected better boxing technique from Ngannou in the first round before he gassed. It looked like all explosiveness but mainly loopy hits. Besides his predictable uppercut, his boxing seems weak considering that's his background.

Great grinding victory, knew Stipe had it in him. Disappointed in Francis.

Other fight DC really fucking amazing. Volkan obviously not ready yet for that stage, got completely outclassed. Great performance. Now one more fight vs Gustafson and one against clean Jones would be dreamlike.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
miocic is funny :lol: :proud:

btw, apparently rogan and cruz were getting pissed at each other during commentary? I missed it..what happened? :lol:

Last edited:

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Consider that he claimed he's been training for Stipe before the Overeem fight. Really makes you think either his camp is trash or he doesn't learn well.

I can only reiterate - his boxing is kinda disappointing. I don't expect him to be a good grappler but he should be better at his calling card. Then again, maybe his calling card simply is his physique.

btw, apparently rogan and cruz were getting pissed at each other during commentary? I missed it..what happened? :lol:

I love how he sounds like a chain smoker pre fighter and like an alcoholic after fights :lol:

I don't think anything serious between Joe and Cruz, just Rogan saying some hyperbolic shit(that's a new one, right? :lol: ) and Cruz laughing about it.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Consider that he claimed he's been training for Stipe before the Overeem fight. Really makes you think either his camp is trash or he doesn't learn well.

I can only reiterate - his boxing is kinda disappointing. I don't expect him to be a good grappler but he should be better at his calling card. Then again, maybe his calling card simply is his physique.

His grappling is even weaker.

I think he can still be a great fighter. But he is VERY raw. Kind of remind me of Sokoudjou when he first started KOing people.

Once Sokoudjou got KTFOed though, his career went to shit.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

it's definitely his physique, he never really had time to show what he's capable of and he's always been with his coach from france..and lets be honest the mma scene in france isn't exactly world class, AFAIK pro mma is banned there.

but if he joins a real training camp, sky is the limit, especially in the HW division where old men can still dominate.

even though he got totally exposed for his skills, he lasted 5 rounds with miocic who ko'd werdum,JDS,overeem etc. so that is definitely a positive.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
His grappling is even weaker.

I think he can still be a great fighter. But he is VERY raw. Kind of remind me of Sokoudjou when he first started KOing people.

Once Sokoudjou got KTFOed though, his career went to shit.

Oh that's totally what I meant btw, that his grappling is weaker than his striking, no question.

He gets very far simply on strength alone vs elite fighters and that's impressive on it's own. I also think he can definitely become a good champ but I'd like him to work on his striking. Needs to be more purposeful instead of those wild swings.

it's definitely his physique, he never really had time to show what he's capable of and he's always been with his coach from france..and lets be honest the mma scene in france isn't exactly world class, AFAIK pro mma is banned there.

but if he joins a real training camp, sky is the limit, especially in the HW division where old men can still dominate.

even though he got totally exposed for his skills, he lasted 5 rounds with miocic who ko'd werdum,JDS,overeem etc. so that is definitely a positive.

Yeah and there's still the Overeem KO which was quite impressive. Stick him in AKA and see what happens. With a body like his, could he even get injured? :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
"As Dana White was about to put the belt on Miocic, Miocic took it from him and gave it to his coach to put around his waist."

stiopic

impressed.gif

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
Well that was fun

Last match was bit dull.but he had to do what he had to win

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I love cain but i dont think he can beay werdum tbh. Bad matchup. He definitely would annihilate ngannou and stipe too.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Dc is a beast. Legend. Should retire or fight miocic imo. And maybe a rematch with gus?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

I dunno about pissed, but Dom was stinging him every round with a back handed insult :lol: :lol: :lol:

DC and Stipe where on another level then their opponents :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oh that's totally what I meant btw, that his grappling is weaker than his striking, no question.

He gets very far simply on strength alone vs elite fighters and that's impressive on it's own. I also think he can definitely become a good champ but I'd like him to work on his striking. Needs to be more purposeful instead of those wild swings.

Yeah and there's still the Overeem KO which was quite impressive. Stick him in AKA and see what happens. With a body like his, could he even get injured? :lol:

It is really key how N'Gannou bounces back now. His poor game-planning + lack of fundamental skills on the fence / ground was on full-display yesterday. I suspect now more fighters will use this type of strategy around him.

He is 31, which I wouldn't consider a spring chicken given he's so behind in those aspects. He is an exciting fighter, but I really think he has too many holes in his game to be exploited to really be consistently fighting contenders to get back to this spot (if he continues his current camp). Let's hope he realizes this and changes camp soon.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm not surprised motherfuckers, for me the only question was if Stipe was gonna get hit badly in the first 2-3 minutes or not. Saw a clip of pros picking the fight, and everyone went with Stipe, which tells you everything.

Cain vs Miocic is the real thing.

Regardid Ngannu, it's hard to tell if he actually is that bad on the ground, or if he just completely gassed out. Because when there's no fuel, your body won't do what you want it to do.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm not surprised motherfuckers, for me the only question was if Stipe was gonna get hit badly in the first 2-3 minutes or not. Saw a clip of pros picking the fight, and everyone went with Stipe, which tells you everything.

Cain vs Miocic is the real thing.

Regardid Ngannu, it's hard to tell if he actually is that bad on the ground, or if he just completely gassed out. Because when there's no fuel, your body won't do what you want it to do.

He's bad.

Even in the first round. You could tell in his camp he worked on the "underhook". He was always VERY active in swimming for the underhook, but almost every single time his underhook was shallow af and he did not scoot his hips out to use his underhook.

This shows that he had a fundamental lack of understanding of that position that should have been developed at like blue belt level when it comes to grappling. And that his camp tried their best to hide his inadequacies, but in the end theres only so much you can train in a short period of time.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
For sure he's bad compared to a grappler like Miocic, but is he THAT bad? He looked horrible vs Miocic.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
"As Dana White was about to put the belt on Miocic, Miocic took it from him and gave it to his coach to put around his waist."

stiopic

impressed.gif

Dana White probably not happen Francis is not the champ. That guy has a long way to go if he wants to dethrone the HW champ.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What the heck are Fedor and Frank Mir doing in the Bellator grand prix? They are both washed but I would take Mir over Chael Sonnen.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What the heck are Fedor and Frank Mir doing in the Bellator grand prix? They are both washed but I would take Mir over Chael Sonnen.

This "Grand Prix" does not make sense, period.

Rampage Jackson looked so bad, just cashing the pay checks now.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dc is a beast. Legend. Should retire or fight miocic imo. And maybe a rematch with gus?

Gus absolutely and I think he'd look good vs Stipe(not as good as he just did tough, Stipe's boxing is much better than Volkan and Volkan looked absolutely rattled, deer in headlights, I expect much better from Stipe). As fun as that match would be, I don't see it happen because I can't imagine him taking the HW title when his buddy Cain is aiming for it.

It is really key how N'Gannou bounces back now. His poor game-planning + lack of fundamental skills on the fence / ground was on full-display yesterday. I suspect now more fighters will use this type of strategy around him.

He is 31, which I wouldn't consider a spring chicken given he's so behind in those aspects. He is an exciting fighter, but I really think he has too many holes in his game to be exploited to really be consistently fighting contenders to get back to this spot (if he continues his current camp). Let's hope he realizes this and changes camp soon.

Camp change is absolutely necessary and Stipe certainly delivered the blue print on how to deal with Francis(and a lot of people have suggested that exact plan before). I don't think Francis will ever get the cardio to fight for 5 rounds at this point, but I think if he can clean up his boxing and get basics of grappling down, he still should have a good shot. He needs to have a more refined gameplan.

Considering his strategy to get out of all adverse situation is by sheer force is a clear indicator of missing the necessary technique for the situation. Francis looked especially lost in the middle without a fence behind him.

Dana White probably not happen Francis is not the champ. That guy has a long way to go if he wants to dethrone the HW champ.

He still gets to parade around Stipe as title defense record breaker, but I'm sure he would've preferred Ngannou for marketing purposes.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
This "Grand Prix" does not make sense, period.

Rampage Jackson looked so bad, just cashing the pay checks now.

They pretty much just put together all their biggest names 205 and up. Half these dudes aren't even heavyweights.

I was really hoping Rampage would win. He was saying all that 'feeling better than ever' stuff all washed up fighters say.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Even Rory wanted to be a part of the HW tournament.

I really really want Bellator to be better than they are. But they're not even close to the UFC.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
bellator should sign him back, with askren their WW division might even be better than the UFC.