Week 18: Cagliari - Milan 18/01/2021 20:45 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Donnarumma; Calabria, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Theo; Kessie, Tonali; Castillejo, Brahim, Hauge; Ibra;

Unavailable: Hakan, Saelemakers, Bennacer

Please dont take a card Tonali

Imagine Meite-Kessie in second half :love:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Sp Theo & Calha are out as well. Getting tired of this.

Tobinho

Decisive Hours
Reaction score
Ibra
Hauge--Diaz--Samu
Kessie-Tonali
Dalot-Romagnoli-Kjaer-Calabria
Gigio​

Attacking options off the bench this time are only going to be Maldini and Colombo? And Olzer I guess. Maybe a partially fit Saelemaekers.

Zlatan to return to scoring and win it for us.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Against Atalanta hopefully Leao & Rebic back.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I just want a full XI for 2 games straight! Is that so much to ask for?

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Stefano Pioli explains how Milan can overcome the absences of Theo Hernandez and Hakan Calhanoglu and refuses to provide updates about Mario Mandzukic’s possible move. ‘We must only focus on Cagliari.’

The Rossoneri face the Sardinians on Monday, but will be without Theo Hernandez and Hakan Calhanoglu who have tested positive for COVID.

"There are important absences, but it is this type of season, problems can come at any moment, so we must be ready,” Pioli said at a press conference.

“We’ve always doubled the energies in difficult moments,” the coach added.

"We are used to it, we are ready. I expect the players to always be ready, during training and matches. These are critical issues that must be addressed with determination and with the awareness of the strength of the team.

“It’s a difficult season for everyone, not only for us. One month ago, everyone was available, it can happen to face these kind of situations. We’ve proved to be a united team, the club has provided a competitive squad. We are determined to overcome these difficulties.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic is expected to start at the Sardegna Arena.

“Ibra is so important for us, we all know his worth, he has overcome his physical problems and I’ve seen him well, he is ready to play tomorrow.

"We must continue to work, the title of winter champion counts very little. We must be focused on tomorrow’s game, it is difficult, we must consider it the most important game of the championship.

"We have to be ready, a difficult game awaits us, the opponents have collected less than they deserved, they have players like [Radja] Nainggolan, [Diego] Godin, Joao Pedro. Experienced and prepared players," Pioli insisted.

“We must have respect for the opponent, we want to dominate the game, but we are aware we could suffer.”

Mario Mandzukic is reportedly on the verge of joining the Rossoneri while Soualiho Meite trained with the team for the first time on Saturday.

“We have an important game tomorrow, I can’t talk about players who are not part of the team,” Pioli said.

“I trust my directors, they will reinforce the team if there will be opportunities.

“Meite will make our midfield more competitive. He combines quality and quantity, I really liked him, he is willing to do well, he proved to be ambitious.”

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
Covid is screwing up our plans... where are our players getting infected from??

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
ngl Im very worried for this. Dont think we will lose , as we are well stocked in the centre of midfield with meite, but worried it could be a scrappy 0-0, as we cant rely on hakans set peices to break them down. Hague is also very leightweight and diaz will struggle if there is no space

P.s cagliari signed duncan, wonder if he will come off the bench vs us

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score

While they are out in the city.

Can't recall who it was, but one of the players said in a recent interview, when he is goes out to the city, he gets stopped all the time by fans who want autographs and selfies...ffs :fp:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Imagine this being destiny and having 5 players of the starting eleven out of action every single game is positive for the team as a whole. Reserves and back ups gets crucial experience and playing time in order to get prepared for matches and can help out the team at any time. We will get back our starting XI soon enough, but with that comes the luxury of our back ups being able to enter at any moment not being confused as what to do and having an immediate impact every single game.

No matter how cursed and annoying it feels, maybe we should look at the bright side.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
It feels like ages since we last played against cagliari

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

While they are out in the city.

Can't recall who it was, but one of the players said in a recent interview, when he is goes out to the city, he gets stopped all the time by fans who want autographs and selfies...ffs :fp:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Imagine this being destiny and having 5 players of the starting eleven out of action every single game is positive for the team as a whole. Reserves and back ups gets crucial experience and playing time in order to get prepared for matches and can help out the team at any time. We will get back our starting XI soon enough, but with that comes the luxury of our back ups being able to enter at any moment not being confused as what to do and having an immediate impact every single game.

No matter how cursed and annoying it feels, maybe we should look at the bright side.

I think looking at the positive/bright side is always the best approach. You have to be realistic and understand that our squad is decimated and it might very well impact our final standing, but I have said before as well that the amount of time our entire squad has played in very high pressure/high stakes matches will be monumentally important for the club going forward.

I truly believe we are witnessing the foundation for the next grande Milan being built.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We need to win this. Hope the guys don’t start feeling the pressure

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We need to do more then just win, time to make a statement. Very good news that Atalanta, Juve & Roma lost points this weekend.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
MN: Towards Cagliari-Milan, Ibra warns everyone: he is ready

:D

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Dangerous game.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So....by the look of things, no Hakan, no Theo, no Leao, no Rebic.
The ones that had the keys to our attack for the last months.

An opportunity for Hauge to prove he deserves more influence than he's been given by them so far.

Also his first start alongside Ibra.

We need to do more then just win, time to make a statement.

Grinding out a win without all those key players...without a strong bench...with a rusty Ibra, that has only played 5 mins with Hauge so far...............that's a statement on it's own.

I hope for a comfortable win, but I'm perfectly fine with an ugly, narrow win in these circumstances.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
The only thing that matters is to get the 3 points and I believe that the team will achieve that

Forza Milan

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
i think this is Hauge's game to shine. Hauge seems to have a better chemistry with Dalot and with Ibra up top the space will open up for his runs and i'm sure he'll bury his chances.

Schedule