Supercup: Milan - Lazio

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
So it´s time to get the season under way.

I think we are gonna win this match and I really don´t see to many problems as we have a much better squard and they´ve been playing together for a long time now.

Dida

Cafu - Nesta - Stam - Maldini

Rui Costa

Gattuso - Dhorasoo

Kaka

Sheva - Tommason

That´s my guess anyway :devil:

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
I also think we can win this match. Lazio has lost some quality. My line-up would be:

Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Maldini-Kaladze
Rui Costa
Gattuso-Seedorf
Kaka
Shevchenko-Tomasson

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I would like to see Tomasson start this one from the whistle. Ancelotti can now show everyone what he plans to do with the defense as well.

I hope he doesn't insert DoorAssHo into the match. There is plenty for that man to do on the sidelines.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
I hope he doesn't insert DoorAssHo into the match. There is plenty for that man to do on the sidelines.

And there's, undoubtedly, no comparison between him and Max ... Ambrosini is one of the best defensive midfielders, definitely better than someone in his first Serie A season! Thus, it would honestly be rather foolish not to field him along side with Rino and Rui!

FORZA MAX!!
FORZA MILAN!!

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Italy - Super Cup - August 21
21:00 AC Milan ? - ? Lazio

--------------Sheva-----Tomasson-----------(Crespo)
---------------------Kaka----------------------
-----Seedorf-----Rui Costa----Gattuso------
-Kaladze----Maldini----Nesta------Cafu-----(Stam)late
----------------------Dida----------------------

Thats my guess...

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No. 1: Isn´t Seedorf still injured after his thigh operation ??

No. 2: I did´nt see the match against Sampdoria but I thought that most people and newpapers wrote that Dhorasoo played quite well ?!?

and

No. 3: How did Serginho play ? Was he on bad form or was it just that damn penalty miss that gave me a bad impression. Once again, I did not see the match.... only read about it :tongue:

Since he started against Sampdoria maybe there´s a good chance he´ll start this match as well ?!

Tommason MUST start this match !!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Vernetti said:
No. 1: Isn´t Seedorf still injured after his thigh operation ??

Yes he is and, unfortunately, I don't think he'd be ready for the Super Cup!

Vernetti said:
No. 2: I did´nt see the match against Sampdoria but I thought that most people and newpapers wrote that Dhorasoo played quite well ?!?

I haven't seen that match either, but I've heard several opinions about Dhoraso as some people were convinced about his performance and some weren't ... Yet personally, I think it's not a very good idea to go for any experiments during such an important match as the Super Cup ... We have Max, who is ready and has been waiting for his chance for years now, it isn't wise to throw that chance away to some new comer :rolleyes:
As far as Sergio's concerned, I also don't think it's a good idea to field him when Rui's playing in Trilly's role, 'cause all the defensive reponsibilities then will be on Rino's shoulder which is probably too much to ask ... With Max and Rino taking care of both defense and attack and Rui providing passes with Kaka, I think our team will be much more balanced :)

Please Carletto, go for Max!!

ehsan99

Banned
Reaction score
it is my point

Dida 5 from 10
Cafu 6.5
Nesta 6.5
Stam 7
Kaladze 5
Gattuso 6.5
Rui Costa 7
Serginho 4.5
Kakà 7.5
Shevchenko 6.5
Tomasson 6.5
Costacurta 5
Dhorasoo 6.5
crespo 4.5

Dhorasoo was good(he is very fast) ,but you can see Serginho number

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OK, thanx.

I also thought it looked a bit unballance with Gattuso, Serginho and Rui in midfield. Depending on how good Dhorasoo really is i´d agree that Ambro deserves his chance. I remeber he was already a great player when we won the league in 99´ (it was 99´right :D )

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Kyara said:
DonippoRuiShevdini said:

And there's, undoubtedly, no comparison between him and Max ... Ambrosini is one of the best defensive midfielders, definitely better than someone in his first Serie A season! Thus, it would honestly be rather foolish not to field him along side with Rino and Rui!

FORZA MAX!!
FORZA MILAN!!

Too Right Kyara. Ambrosini has proved to be critical time and time again for the last 5 years. He gets the nod anyday before Vikash. It takes experience to excel in the Serie A and Milan in general.

Donippo reflects on last year's match vs. Lazio at the Olimpico when a crushing Ambrosini header clinched Milan's perfect record vs. Lazio last season in league play

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
agree... max should start instead of the-lazy-ass-dhorasoo, at least he could fill in seedorf's position and perhaps carlo would try rui playing in pirlo's position again, i read the news that said he was playing good in that position...

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
FORZA MILAN!!! Well I think I am back in right timeee ..

Most waite to see new Milan :tongue:

MAX IN

FORZA KAKA ! SHEVA !

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
With this formation Milan will win it for sure. :D I'm woried bout Crespo :rolleyes: besi which channel will show the match live in our city?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
besikaka said:
FORZA MILAN!!! Well I think I am back in right timeee ..

Most waite to see new Milan :tongue:

MAX IN

FORZA KAKA ! SHEVA !

It would be good to see Ambro...well i mean he scored against Lazio last season so why not IMO i believe he is a great player and he deserves a shot more than anyone.

However Dhorasoo is very versatile, whoever plays there's one thing for sure we will be very competitive. :devil2:

FORZA MILAN!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
my 11 is...
---------------shev---------------------
---------------------------kaka---------
---------------------rui------------------
------------------------------------------
------ambro-------vikash-----rino-----
-kahka-------maldini-----nesta---cafu
---------------------dida-----------------

instead of trying to replace pirlo and seedorf player for player, we should just put rui and vikash both in and take a striker out. this will mean way more creativity and kaka will get forward ;) tomasson can be brought in if we're in trouble.

probably won't happen because of silvio...but this is what i would do. :cool:

Milan4ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,aimar,nesta,maldini,van basten,veron,tevez,
yes..........Big match on this sturday.......................
so my 11 is

.,...........................DiDa..........................
.....cafu......nesta...madlini.......kakha.......
..........Rino.....Rui.....ambro...............
.........................K@K@.....................
...............sheva......tomasson.......

all that GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD luck..viva milan

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pirlo's olympic nomination kinda comes as a blessing in disguise, he looks terribly out of shape + Milan wouldn't benefit from his presence against Lazio...

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Ambro will be in, cause Seedorf is injured, does anyone know more bout his injury? :)

Rex

Reaction score
The main actor Stefano Fiore who managed Aquilotti won Coppa Italia last season, is now not on player list this season. Just recall you, they humiliated us twice in semis..and those young guns who were at Lazio Primavera gets status up now to senior level replaces some who have been exit. Well they will be outsiders, but I want Milan take this game seriously as it outcome we'd have had good start before entering the season.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, Lazio have sold their best players to Valencia but most important of all they let Mancini go. Going by his results the last couple of seasons he´s turning in to quite a good coach.... but now I hope he turns out to be crap (Inter) :devil2:

All in all i´d say that Milan have become stronger during the summer while Lazio have lost some of their potential.

= we win 100-0 :tongue:

Don_Maldini

Beginner
Reaction score
I hope Tomasson gives a great show, because i don't believe in Crespo as our best striker topartner sheva and I don't want inzaghi to reclaim his starting line up role. Infact I believe JDT deserves to be starting line up for us
I say:
Dida
Cafu Nesta Stam Maldini
Rui ( ancelloti's choice :p )
Rino Max
KAKA
Sheav
JDT

Good luck milan
i think it's time for lazio's former defence to tach them a lesson

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Passion for *9* said:
Pirlo's olympic nomination kinda comes as a blessing in disguise, he looks terribly out of shape + Milan wouldn't benefit from his presence against Lazio...

yeah...you could be right. and by the time he comes back he should be back to his normal productivity.

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Taulant said:
Ambro will be in, cause Seedorf is injured, does anyone know more bout his injury? :)

All i´ve heard is that he had a thigh operation just after EURO 04 and that he would miss the start of the season. I guess it´s had to say exactly how quickly it will heal and there´s always the chance of complications.

I hope to see him back in a couple of week or maybe even a month but that´s just my guess.

Forza JDT :devil:

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
The first big game of the season.
In my mind Lazio doesnt have any chance to win this game,they are too weak.But Milan has to play well if we dont want to have a bad surprise.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
us_bombs said:
Passion for *9* said:

yeah...you could be right. and by the time he comes back he should be back to his normal productivity.

It would be interesting to see if PIRLO gets back to old form or else it would be a 4 way tie between PIRLO and DHORASOO and AMBRO and RUI. Of course, I am assuming that KAKA, RINO and SEEDORF are permanent names on our roster.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gatorbasu said:
us_bombs said:
Passion for *9* said:

It would be interesting to see if PIRLO gets back to old form or else it would be a 4 way tie between PIRLO and DHORASOO and AMBRO and RUI. Of course, I am assuming that KAKA, RINO and SEEDORF are permanent names on our roster.

you're just talking about this match right? because pirlo is our most important player...there's no doubt about whether or not he'll be as good as he was last year, it just how soon will he get in shape.

he was the best midfielder in italy last season without a doubt...and he'll only get better! :cool:

MilanFan_Biz

Beginner
Reaction score
us_bombs said:
Gatorbasu said:
us_bombs said:
Passion for *9* said:

you're just talking about this match right? because pirlo is our most important player...there's no doubt about whether or not he'll be as good as he was last year, it just how soon will he get in shape.

he was the best midfielder in italy last season without a doubt...and he'll only get better! :cool:

yeah i agree, perhaps he does look out of shape...but i have no doubt taht he will still play his spot once the big season roles around

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
Passion for *9* said:

Pirlo needs some rest.Going to Athens was a bad choise for him.Anyway my formation about the game is.
----------------------Dida-----------------------------------

Stam------------Nesta--------Maldini------------Kaladze

Gattuso------------------------Ambrosini----------------Rui

-----------------------------Kaka------------------------------

-----------------------Sheva----------Tommason

Schedule