Supercup: Milan - Lazio

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
Well Edis formation, is OK because Ambro is more deffensive, and Rui Costa can go more far, but Ambro cannot control the game like Rui or Pirlo, thats the problem :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Here's the players for the match:

GK: Abbiati, Dida

Defender: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Stam

Midtfield: Abate, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Dhorasoo, Gattuso, Kakà, Rui Costa, Serginho

Strikers: Crespo, Pozzi, Shevchenko, Tomasson

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
cant wait were do u get the starting XI ?

like 1 hour befor the game??

anyways cant wait its on my tv !!!!foxtel thats why i got lol just to watch milan :D cant wait

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
Today, 21st. at 21:00 Standard EU time on CANALE 5 (italian) avaliable on cable... the one with the 5 with a little crown.

FORZA MILAN Milan 2-0 Lazio!!! guess.

Probable Line-up

--------------Sheva-----Tomasson-----------(sub on: Crespo)
---------------------Kaka----------------------
-----Ambrosini---Rui Costa----Gattuso------
-Maldini-----Nesta---------Stam----Cafu-----
----------------------Dida----------------------

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
does anybody know the links for the live streaming for this match? becoz appearently soccerstreams.com requires paying for every season and i dont wanna register for anything (including paypal which troubles me a lot)...
any help would be greatly appreciated...

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I guess it's going to be a good match, and I can't wait to see how this years Milan-edition will play in their first official game of the 04/05 season!

I'm really looking forward to see how Lazio's new manager (Which actually hasn't any Serie A experience!) will handle the pressure in tonights match and during the next months..Lazio ain't what they used to be it seems, and almost all of their star-players have left the club, Mihajlovic, Claudio Lopez, Favalli, Stam, Fiore, Corradi etc..

Our newest additions Stam, Dhorasoo and Crespo are all in the squad for this game, and I hope we'll get to see all of 'em tonight! Although Crespo has been quite crappy during the pre-season, I really believe he can prove his worth and play brilliant tonight against his old club! Maldini as LB is also quite interesting...

My prediction would be a 2-0 victory in our favour!

--------------Dida-----------------
Cafu---Stam---Nesta---Maldini(c)
--------------Rui-------------------
---Gattuso---Kaka---Ambro-----
-Tomasson/Crespo--Sheva------

:devilfir: !FORZA MILAN! :devilfir:

Helena

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta etc.
HT : Milan 2 - 0 Lazio ( Sheva X 2 )

:devil2:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mtfco said:
does anybody know the links for the live streaming for this match? becoz appearently soccerstreams.com requires paying for every season and i dont wanna register for anything (including paypal which troubles me a lot)...
any help would be greatly appreciated...

I just talked to an Italian friend of mine and he told me that you can register through GAZZETTADELLOSPORTS.COM and watch all the matches for CL involving any ITALIAN team live. But not sure about SUPERCOPA, I am dying to see the game but have given up all hopes.

I am right now about check the GAZZETTODELLOSPORT.COM and let you know the result of my investigation.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Why is Shevchenko so good?

jasiom

AC Milan Capitan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini (always), Ambrosini, Pato, Huntelaar.
FORZA MILAN!!!!! 3-0 FT Sheva x3 !!!! :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil2: :devil: :devil2: :devil: :devil2:

Anyone: why did crespo come off???

ehsan99

Banned
Reaction score
Lazio was too small for milan and now barca
channel4.com: Crespo's Milan debut did not bode well, as the Argentine limped off after just seven minutes with a thigh injury.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ehsan99 said:
Lazio was too small for milan and now barca
channel4.com: Crespo's Milan debut did not bode well, as the Argentine limped off after just seven minutes with a thigh injury.

Crap, CRESPO did the same thing at CHELSEA last year.

Taulant

subliminal
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RUI COSTA & all milan players
RUi assits the goal of Sheva ;) he s doing well someone who saw the game can they put their impresions here, somethin like notes for all players. :D

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
PAOLO IS A LEGEND!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
savicevic10 said:
Why is Shevchenko so good?

Nobody can answer that for the same reason nobody can answer why The Pyramid of Giza or The Hanging Gardens of Babylon are so great ... No body knows 'cause they are the wonders of the world, and that's exactly what Sheva is! A wonder, a miracle by God :D

Our winning eleven were:

-------------Dida--------------
--Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini-
--------Rino-Rui-Max---------
-------------Kaka-------------
-----Sheva--------------------
-------------Tomasson--------

The victory, however, was not only a result of Sheva's excellence but also of the creative performance Milan displayed today through their control of the game and the various chances they created ... That was contrary to the start of the match, where Lazio began their attempts with a cross from Cesar, heading for Zauri but cleared by our Capitano ... Minutes after that, Maldini had his first official chance this season as a left back, flying ahead from the left flank to pass the ball for Sheva, get it back and direct it to the net, yet the ball refused to give all Milanisti the pleasure of starting their goals festival with their captain ... Sheva, nevertheless, never keeps his fans waiting as he placed the ball stylishly to Peruzzi's right after reciting a poetic passing scence with il grande Max on the left flank ... Two of my favourites working their magic on the first goal, what more can I say?
icon27.gif

At the start of the match, I was beginning to think that our midfield was a bit disorganized with Rino and Max wandering around the pitch, but as the minutes passed, I started to realize that this was somewhat useful to distract the opponents who were placing a lot, and perhaps too much, of their concentration on Kaka ... The freedom was also given, or I shall say earned by Sheva as he was practicing his hobby of distracting the defenders for you could see him upfront, on the right, in the middle and sometimes going back to for defensive duties ... Whereas Rui presence in Trilly's role gave our midfield a more of an attacking approach with a delicious offensive taste, though it could be dangerous against any strong offence ... Our first goal was followed by two disappointing shots for the golden boy whose first shot was reflected from the keeper, whereas the second went wide above the bar ... Right after that, as if wanting to console the fans for every wasted chance, Sheva reminded us of his winning header in last year's crucial clash against Roma as he flew for a wonderful Maldini-stamped cross that once again settled comfortably to Peruzzi's right ...
The first half ended with Milan leading by two and the second started with a wasted chance for Cafu ... His cross minutes later reached Sheva's head but the latter's pass to Tomasson was cleared away by Lazio's defense ... A cross from Rui this time, I believe, reached Max who made a nice attempt to keep control of the ball and was able to end up with a shot that was reflected straight to Sheva's leg who refused to stop his fans from remembering his first hattrick against Lazio ... Who would've thought back then that his second was going to shine in a Super Cup clash? :cool:

In comparison with last year's team, I think there's a clear difference in the mentalities and performances of some players, not to forget the team's starting line-up ... The most enchanting aspect of the match, apart from Il phenomeno's hattrick, was Maldini's magic on the left flank whose crosses seemed to be measured by scale in order to reach the target ... This isn't the aging captain whose change of position was giving us cold feet, this is indeed a once-upon-a-time like fairytale hero who goes against the odds, who shuts down every doubting mouth and gives us the pleasure of a big sigh of relief ...
The centre of our defense still worries me though, but then again Nesta remains a great consolation ... On the right flank is Cafu, the man with the most comforting smile, yet the most dangerous attemps ... The midfield orchestra, starring Max, Rui and Rino plays a beautiful symphony called "Variety", whereas the attack is once again a miracle of God
icon27.gif

No, I do not want to sound over-complimenting and I hate to see someone getting over confident even before the start of the season ... But I do know that if the players stick their feet to the ground and continue on the same rythem, we are indeed a team to be feared!!

Thank you God!
Grazie Sheva, grazie a tutti :proud:

FORZA MILAN!!!
FORZA SHEVAAAA!!!

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Shevchenko showed his quality again. He is just amazing to watch, FORZA SHEVA!!! Let's win the league and champions league now, who cares about the cup?? We already got one!!

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kyara said:
The centre of our defense still worries me though

In what way?

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
savicevic10 said:
Kyara said:
The centre of our defense still worries me though

In what way?

Not to make a big deal of it, but one mistake in the first half where Stam lost the ball to a Lazio player very close to the penalty box and an un-necessary foul by him could've been quite dangerous if Lazio had used them properly ... But then again these incidents can happen to anyone, I might be too cautious and I shall delay my full judgment on Stam for the matches to come :cool:

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I saw the entire match, and I can confirm that the match was a pleasure to watch for all of us Milanistas!

During the first 10 minutes Lazio actually looked somewhat better then Milan, but after those first 10 minutes, Milan completely dominated throughout the whole match..Sheva's goals were all splendid, but Kaka and Maldini had also golden opportunities to score, but unfortunately Peruzzi and Lazio had luck on their side at that time! Rui seemed quite impressing during the 1st half with several splendid passes to Sheva and Tomasson. Maldini was brilliant, as well as Ambro & Sheva!

Rates (0-10);

Dida 6,5 -Splendid save at the end, only 'real' threat on goal he got..
Maldini 8,5 -Capitano was amazing tonight, provided world-class crosses!
Nesta 7 -Solid as always, contributed with some offensive runs as well..
Stam 6,5 -Jaap was solid as well, but looked kinda shaky at some times
Cafu 8 -Provided dangerous crosses and played a very good match!
Rui Costa 7 -Inspirative during the 1st half, kinda 'dissapeared' during the 2nd half
Gattuso 7 -Made some errors in the begining, but played a decent match
Ambrosini 8,5 -Great game, worked hard and was very dangerous!
Kaka 7,5 -Not at his best, but had some smooth moves and too bad he didn't score..
Tomasson 7,5 -Created a lot of place for other players, worked hard and played good!
Shevchenko 9 -Personally, I haven't seen Sheva better for years now, played an outstanding match, constantly dangerous, 3 beautiful goals!

Man of the match; Andriy Shevchenko..

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It seems we have a GALACTICO defence.

By that I mean good and not the Iberian directionless sperm of last year.

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
we should sell sheva, he scores too much and make us win alot. laugh everyone it is a joke.

great win by milan but keep in mind this is not the lazio of past seasons, this lazio will have a tough time in seria a and will probably end up in the lower part of the table.

so, to all the fans : do not become overconfident. we have a good team and that is it.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
kenichy said:
do not become overconfident. we have a good team and that is it.

That makes me confident enough. :tongue:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
so do we have the most trophies in the world now?

Boban

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
yeah i forgot to watch it hopefully that show a reply cant wait :(

it was on at 3am here so yeah but anyways good win by the boiis

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Great...amazing game!!!! Sheva's goals were great....The defense excelent as it should be during the season...great midfield...Ambro played one of the best games I have seen of him, he is really trying to win a place there. The strickers were great(no need to say more there).
Hopefully this is just a piece of what were goin' to see next season.