Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
I love how nobody takes more than a first touch before passing or shooting there, and the press by all 3 forward players is something I'm not used to seeing still from Milan :lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Can't remember the last time, we played so smooth. GP will no doubt make this team play like a proper team.

We played like that in some of Montella's games and early last season under Gattuso.

Let's hope GP style/hype will be more lasting. I'm tired of changing coaches so often... need one for 4-5 years the least.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
leave now and ill love u forever

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
leave now and ill love u forever

AC Kid said:
Fav. players: Andre Silva

giphy.gif

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
We played like that in some of Montella's games and early last season under Gattuso.

Let's hope GP style/hype will be more lasting. I'm tired of changing coaches so often... need one for 4-5 years the least.

I don't remember ever seen Milan so fluid under the two coaches you mentioned. There was sparks of brilliance by a player, here and there in the final third, but nothing like that.

That was 2003 vintage Milan stuff.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Papa Berlu always knows best and is saying 'I told you so' now

Old Article..

-----------------------------------------------
3/2019
Former Milan President Silvio Berlusconi claims “with Suso behind two strikers, the Rossoneri would definitely win the derby.”

Suso has not scored in Serie A at San Siro since October, struggling to work in a trident attack with Krzysztof Piatek and Hakan Calhanoglu.

“I don’t know who will win the derby,” Berlusconi told reporters at a political event ahead of the Milan-Inter showdown.

“If they were to put Suso behind the two strikers, the Rossoneri would definitely win. In fact, they’d win by several clear goals.”

- Footballitalia.net
-------------------------------------------------

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Can we find a better player than Suso for 30m? Not so sure. Suso should not be sold for anything less than 40m.

I'm curious to see if Giampaolo can help Suso become more consistent.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Can we find a better player than Suso for 30m? Not so sure. Suso should not be sold for anything less than 40m.

I'm curious to see if Giampaolo can help Suso become more consistent.

Maybe we sell Suso for 30m and buy a better player for 50m

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
when suso lets the ball run onto his left foot, and smashes it into the top left corner.

Will you not all be entertained?

This will be the season. If he kills it. He becomes a 60 million plus player.

We get CL, Alessio, Donna, Suso, P9, Paquetta, Calabira and Hennandez values sky rocket.

Itll be interesting to see how we do.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
when suso lets the ball run onto his left foot, and smashes it into the top left corner.

We get CL, Alessio, Donna, Suso, P9, Paquetta, Calabira and Hennandez values sky rocket.

We can only hope.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Simply doesn't fit the role. Needs to be sold for whatever we can get, and we need to bring in someone that fits the role

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
7 days to sell him. Please Fiorentina, please Roma.. even a 15 million bid should be ok now.

mumbojumbo

Special Guy
Reaction score

He will do it for 2/3 months. That's all he does.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not a TQ, not yet at least...

But, when he switched to the wing in the last 7 minutes, he was again a threat, our only threat...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
^Yes, that's the sort of threat that will comfortably lead us to a nice rounded 6th place in the standings.

Suso shouldn't be Milan's key player. That is an important step to take in order to be competitive for top 4.

I cannot believe how useless Lucci is.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^Yes, that's the sort of threat that will comfortably lead us to a nice rounded 6th place in the standings.

Suso shouldn't be Milan's key player. That is an important step to take in order to be competitive for top 4.

If you have the resources, then yes. Otherwise, I think it's stupid to change the whole system/squad, when you were 1 point from your goal last year and have limited budget.

Reaction score
Not a TQ, not yet at least...

But, when he switched to the wing in the last 7 minutes, he was again a threat, our only threat...
Suso can be a TQ. But he need space and options to pass. It's difficult for the team to craate a space on the field for him. But it's possible. Suso is useless against tight defence. In the centre there is much more marking than on the wing - that's why he plays better there.
In fact, I don't see any player to play nicely as TQ. Paketa? Oh no, he is too selfish

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great assist :thumbsup:

Looked much better in this position (duh)

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
Talented player but mental fish . Don’t think he thought aboiycpassing at any point during that great counter yesterday. Sums his up as a player really . Safe to say this CAM experiment has failed. Also still slows us down too much on the RW. People say his balls are quality but any one who crosses ball 20 times a game will get a few good ones in . Wastes too many attacks with fucked up shooting tooo .

Please get over this Suso boner Giampaolo . The potential to play AM was there but this guy just can’t do it , cut your losses and play Paq/Hakan/Bona there behind 2 strikers or just move to 4-3-3 full time.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That was actually the most versatile Suso I've seen.
He switched flanks, stayed centrally, combined well with other players, covered more ground than usual, retrieved balls.

Still, there is the team killing selfishness in him, the horrible set piece crosses, the lack of pace & stamina for the stuff he tries to do.

Good, but not good enough.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

It’s rather telling when necro speaks this way about a player

I wholeheartedly agree. People who defend Suso always say he can create out of nothing, but conveniently ignores that he’s also a big reason we can’t create “nothing” to begin with

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
9JD4HFe.png

Fuuuuu. Another free goal, you selfish bastard. Last game Hakan and Rebic, this time Suso and Leao.
Point is, we miss free goals every game because of these 2 fuckers can't pass. HOW HARD IS IT?

Our team is not moving enough? Well, what's the point of moving when you won't receive a ball anyway? Guess what will happen next time Leao has an option to shoot or pass? Yeah, right

Can anyone please explain him a simple pass counts as assist too, doesn't have to be a cross from the right

Last edited:

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Our team is not moving enough? Well, what's the point of moving when you won't receive a ball anyway? Guess what will happen next time Leao has an option to shoot or pass? Yeah, right

Can anyone please explain him a simple pass counts as assist too, doesn't have to be a cross from the right

already happened yesterday. suso was wide open in front of goal and leao opted not to pass.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
"We can do nothing without Suso"

During the last 3 seasons in Serie A and in European competitions, Milan had an average of 1.72 points per game.

And during this period, Suso didn't play in 23 games, where we had: 13 wins, 7 losses, 3 draws. Average ppg: 1.82.

246 points in 143 games in total.
42 points in 23 games without Suso.