The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Really, you think he is a CR7 in that respect?

In which respect? His ability to pull chicks or the beard thing?

I don't think he is on CR7 level at pulling chicks, because he doesn't have the same global name recognition or that type of money yet. As for beard - I don't think CR7 is gay, nor do I think Silva is btw :lol:

Just having a laugh really, I have no idea what he likes about that chick, seems a bit basic to me, but tastes differ and he probably has his reasons.

Milanista92

Milan Legend
Reaction score
report like this RR one should be quite obvious, it's pure speculation made to sell papers. Meyer would make more sense because of all the report of interest in him and we are on a free market rampage atm. So not only is it bs its bad bs.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Here is the thing, rr and Meyer don’t share the same agent.

Is it the agent or the Italian intermediary in the German market?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So if we reach the CL, we gonna sign all these powerhouses. But if we dont we gonna have to sell rr! Lol, ok!

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I’ve been calling out Meyer for quite some time now, I hope that rumour is true.

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
If we could get 20+ mil for RicRod I'd sell him right away. Very likeable charachter, but unfortunately not a very good fullback (atleast for our setup): his of the ball movement is not up to par (lack of speed is also evident in relation to position on the pitch in transitions), his "dribling" always is some kind of semi-turn-and-pass-back move. In that regard, and I'm ashame to admit it, he reminds me of De Sciglio (without the dribble/turn).

That's not to say that isn't a very accomplished passer, has a very good shot/cross, but I still dream of a leftback that can actually dribble/knock ball past opponent in sprint (I think the last one we had who could do this was Constant, man we sure do suck). I know he was second choice to Kolasinac, but if we compare the two they are nothing alike: Kolasinac is a physical beast and not so good on the offensive end; RR is kind of like an opposite of him...

Which gets me to another 2nd choice of last summer, one that has a direct impact on RR: HC10. Left wingers/forwards we were tracking back then were all fast/physical/more of a scorer-type players (kind of what Niang should have been, if he developed) who attacks space more, so fullback can hang behind him and wait for deep-cross opportunities. Even Forsberg is fast-ish, although he's more of a playmaker. When we signed Hakan I was guessing he'll be our left mezzala, boy was I surprised... And when you have that kind of wide player (not so direct, likes to cut-in, more of a passer) you must have a very dinamic fullback to provide width and free space for him. What Gattuso is doing right now (atleast result-wise) is nothing short of a miracle because, from an offensive standpoint, we are quite unbalanced (for example, when we have a ball on our left side I already know that it's eventually gonna end up at Romagnoli's feet and then we'll switch side; we rarely go for a cross/killer pass from there). You can say what you will about Suso's predictabillity, but he's literally carrying us on his shoulders/left foot offensive-wise (his trademark in-swinging cross is possibly amongst the best I've seen in all my years of watching football and it takes only one to go through to Cutro/whoever to cause some serious damage).

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li, Hidden Galliani

A player who would be perfect for that lcm position is kovacic.. Wishful thinking

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
All these "Donna wants to leave" reports are most certainly "leaks" released by Raiola himself in order to create a rift between the Donna's and the fans.

Raiola is hoping for another abuse or two, in the same class of "fake money" or "fake reviews" from the fans to make it hard for Donna and his family to stay here, to just say "fuck it, it's not worth it anymore" and want to leave.

Unless Donna himself gives an interview saying that he is unhappy and wants to leave, don't believe a single report out there.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Reading Danilo's post, dont you think the game is asking too much of fullbacks? At this rate, it'll be easier to find a decent LWer and teach him how to defend a little and play him at LB

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
we shouldnt sell ric rod unless we run out of money, he is a good defensive fullback, could be useful on the bench, for type of counter attacking game, or simple we just want to protect the lead
but indeed we need a expolosive fullback with high pace, not a freaking strinic, and beside i dont think a LB is our main problem atm, LW and LCM should be replaced with much better players first

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
If we could get 20+ mil for RicRod I'd sell him right away. Very likeable charachter, but unfortunately not a very good ears of watching football and it takes only one to go through to Cutro/whoever to cause some serious damage).

nice posts ..

make them smaller it hurts my eyes reading

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Did a woman ask you to show her how?

nah:lol:

they learn with time tho :o

-------

SMS ? i like him still but never really wanted to pay those 100 m for him .. uve got the wrong guy

My dream midfield with similar skills :

Kovacic Naby Keita

Casemiro

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
A player who would be perfect for that lcm position is kovacic.. Wishful thinking

unlikely, we shoulda made this move way earlier, now they already knew his value and he is gonna be their key player soon

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Montella knocking out jose :o

or watch him laugh after a defeat

win win

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Of course he stated his loyalty to Juventus when asked about it, because that’s how professional players act in order to spare himself and the club from unnecessary turmoil - even if he actually has a desire to leave.
The status that Nedved and Del Piero have amongst Juventini is very rare and it would be unfair to expect every high profiled player to achieve this status.

So in your opinion the only right thing to do was accept F&M’s first contract offer?
Keep in mind that this change of view on Donnarumma happened after Fassone publicly said they wouldn’t sign a contract, because Milan couldn’t meet the demands of Raiola and Donna. At the end it all worked out and a compromise was made

Donnarumma has to this day never expressed any desire to leave, actually just the opposite.

A release clause can only be activated if the player wants to be released.
A young player like Donnarumma obviously wants to play against the best in Europe (Champions League) Donna can use his release clause as an insurance that he won’t be held captive by the club, should Milan’s ‘new project’ fail to produce CL football year after year.
Okay, let me try one more time. Easy and short. The job of a players agent is to take care of everything that could distract him from focussing on his job, which is to play football. Such things like contracts, renewals, possible offers from new clubs, sponsorship deals and so on...

He's not their bank. His job doesn't end by simply getting the biggest possible paycheck.

Now Raiola is an agent who causes troubles, polemics and problems everywhere he operates. Undeniably. Coincidence? I highly doubt it for various reasons who already have been discussed here to death so I won't bring them up again.

Now tell me: Don't you see a certain pattern regarding almost all his assets? Do you think they are calm and focussed 100%ly on their job? Donna, Pogba, Verratti, Balo...?

---

Regarding Donnarummas part, I think you missread me: Donnarumma DID renew WITHOUT release clause, against Raiolas will. And for me THAT'S the biggest sign of loyality ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-A530F mit Tapatalk

danilo1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Reading Danilo's post, dont you think the game is asking too much of fullbacks? At this rate, it'll be easier to find a decent LWer and teach him how to defend a little and play him at LB
It depends, because if you look at it all great offensive fullbacks were originally wingers in their youth. I say "great" because you surely can develop good attacking play if you have technique, good instincts Maldini, Thuram) etc... Of course ideal leftback for us now would be Roberto Carlos circa 1999, and when you look in the last 30 years we can probably agree there are maybe a handful of backs of that quality. It's easier for right backs because good lefties are very rare, especially at the back. Alex Sandro is a classic winger-turned-back example (J. Alba also). Complete leftbacks (like Maldini was) are even more rare, that's why the benchmark they set still stand today as some kind of ideal. Offensive leftbacks today, kind of what we need in this team now, are unfortunately out of our reach: Marcelo (his on a downard spiral by now), Jordi Alba, B. Mendy from City, A. Sandro... So the logic behind more "standard" type of leftback (who we can realistically afford) was absolutely sound, but Mirabelli messed it up imo in not signing a winger who is more compatible with Rodriguez' characteristics.

So, to answer your question van Basten, I think that even 20 or 15 years ago there were certain qualities that was required from fullbacks in elite clubs. Mostly it was defensive/attacking pairing (one flank more offensive). Today backs are maybe more complete, but from my pov they are worse than before. Of course today physical attributes are more impostant, but no one can say that fullbacks from say 2003 didn't have stamina/strenght. Zambrotta today would be worth more than Mendy, and I'm not even going to mention Cafu who would probably today play left inside forward with all that technique and off the ball awareness.

RR78 is a good leftback, would be very good if he wasn't asked to open spaces on the left (something that isn't his strong suit). We have to work with what we have, but there are better leftbacks available I suppose; I'm not a scout, but if Napoli can dig up Ghoulam from obscurity in France than hopefully so can we also. If it was Galliani in charge I wouldn't even bother to hope, but to Mirabelli I'm giving a benefit of doubt.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wasnt Dembe gonna sign with Raiola? Then Barca came out and say that no Raiola player will ever play here... that made Dembe shit himself and decided not to have Raiola as his agent.

More clubs shud come out and start saying the same as Barca.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@Danilo

At the time, the rumour was that Bale rejected Utd coz Fergie want him as LB.

Nalim

Banned
Reaction score
Wasnt Dembe gonna sign with Raiola? Then Barca came out and say that no Raiola player will ever play here... that made Dembe shit himself and decided not to have Raiola as his agent.

More clubs shud come out and start saying the same as Barca.

Where did you read this? I can’t find anything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule