Gianluigi Donnarumma Thread

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Just being objective instead of joining the circlejerk. Maybe if you could manage your emotions and ditch the over exaggerating you could see that.

I know you wont.

Dr Phil please.

What has he improved on in his since his debut? :monto:

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
extended his contract until 2024 and then sent him to play for the reserves in fm18

life is good

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Stop being so vague, like what has he improved on?

its not vague, literally everything. shot stopping, positioning, leadership, on the ball, dealing with media. etc There is nothing where he hasn't grown at, its just not at a fast enough rate for impatient fans.

Clearly he needs to improve across the board too, and he will.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
It seems like he played his best in his 1st season

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Clearly.

He's been shit ever since the contract nonsense.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
its not vague, literally everything. shot stopping, positioning, leadership, on the ball, dealing with media. etc There is nothing where he hasn't grown at, its just not at a fast enough rate for impatient fans.

This is a load of horseshit

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Grazie Mirabelli!

Funny how people said Mirabelli "owned" Raiola and "showed him who the boss is".

:monto:

people said that during negotiations. after the negotiations almost everyone was against it. few people were positive because of the possibility of selling him following season for higher price.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
people should stop complaining about him being bad at playing passes from back. do you guys not watch games? this is the only good thing he has been doing. he sucks at everything else though.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
So devil's advocate time. He made crucial saves in the derby. The mistake was definitely his fault, but a goalkeeper makes judgements based on many things including his defenders' positions. Musacchio made the wrong move towards the near post, which influenced Donnarumma's indecision.

I have seen only improvements this season from Donnarumma. Particularly his game when playing out from the back has really become better and we as a team look far more fluid when we play out from the back.

I don't think he should be benched. Let's have faith.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
So devil's advocate time. He made crucial saves in the derby. The mistake was definitely his fault, but a goalkeeper makes judgements based on many things including his defenders' positions. Musacchio made the wrong move towards the near post, which influenced Donnarumma's indecision.

I have seen only improvements this season from Donnarumma. Particularly his game when playing out from the back has really become better and we as a team look far more fluid when we play out from the back.

I don't think he should be benched. Let's have faith.

Reina may have been rusty in the Betis match but unfortunately he is not inspiring confidence either.

I agree Gigio is improving in his footwork and passing, although like all the other players he has some pretty bad moments from time to time.

After Reina's performance on Thursday we need to persevere with Gigio for Serie A. Besides, we are stuck with him thanks to his massive salary. Might as well make him work.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Shit again. Really worried about him.

1st goal could've been saved. 2nd goal not his fault, but the lack of reaction is troubling though

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Incredible save that allowed us to get the 3 points. :star:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Glorious save, showed why he’s one of the best instinctive keepers around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

agsgualdino

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
one of the best GK's in the world when he doesn't have to think - Very instinctive.

As soon as you give him time on the ball he is just not up to it and WILL 95% of the time make a mistake (bamboozled feet, poor decision making when coming for crosses, misplaced passes)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
one of the best GK's in the world when he doesn't have to think - Very instinctive.

As soon as you give him time on the ball he is just not up to it and WILL 95% of the time make a mistake (bamboozled feet, poor decision making when coming for crosses, misplaced passes)

The positive spin is that the latter can be learned, particularly with experience. If he gets his game on the ball right, he would be unrivaled.

So I think what we are doing is the right way. Donnarumma needs to play consistently and get to that world class level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Good game. Made no mistakes, did what he had to. Good game. I wish him more of the same.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Nothing he could do for the goal, that was just dumb luck. Made a superb save to keep us in the game and actually looked commanding in the box for once. His best game of the season, so lets hope its a start of good form again for him.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
???
tumblr_phmhmpAqfA1v67669o3_400.gif

Schedule