Italian Football Thread III

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Inter 18 points ahead of Milan.....thats crazy. Still think Milan can finish ahead of them if they get their sh1t together

Dude wtf are you talking about. We can't fuckin beat Benevento and you expect us to reduce an 18 point gap between a team that is firing on all cylinders and hasnt lost a game this season. I know people are putting theie money on Napoli to win the league, but to me its going to be a battle btw Juve and Inter

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Dude wtf are you talking about. We can't fuckin beat Benevento and you expect us to reduce an 18 point gap between a team that is firing on all cylinders and hasnt lost a game this season. I know people are putting theie money on Napoli to win the league, but to me its going to be a battle btw Juve and Inter

Nah, its way too early to say that. Inter have the same problem as Napoli, negligible squad depth. One key injury and Inter will start dropping points. Inter don't have Europe, so maybe they may finish above Napoli if there are no big injuries. Roma should have been the title contenders as they do have depth, but they have a new coach so he will take time.

But for now, I can't see beyond a 7th straight title for Juventus this season I am afraid. However Inter can compete with Juve in a one-off head to head game, so next weekend is hopefully going to be a competitive derby d'italia.

Last edited:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Inter 18 points ahead of Milan.....thats crazy. Still think Milan can finish ahead of them if they get their sh1t together

Bruuh

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Most of these were very average players under Rafa Benitez and have become awesome under Sarri (e.g. Mertens).

every player sucked under Rafa, he just happend to win the CL against Carletto brainfarts

Mertens was good before Rafa, but he wasn't used properly, as he was at Utrecht, Mechelen....

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I remember benitez playing hamsik out of position which made hamsik perform like a poli level player. Good for them that sarri was there to save the day.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What is Oddo feeding them? I assume it's not a vegan diet.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Jankto is totally the real deal.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
yeah? Haven't seen him really. Those goals were #izi.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Great energy and presence down his wing. Always active whenever I've seen their matches. I think that's the sort of thing we are missing.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

57e038ea95d4485b22a7a4ae81d8b3bb.jpg

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I'm tempted to put a bet on Roma to win the league.

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm tempted to put a bet on Roma to win the league.

Its not a bad bet as Roma are keeping up with the leading pack. And like Juve, they have the reserves to keep it up.

But unfortunately I think Juve have too much lungs. It will take a very bad patch of form for Juve for anyone else to win the league this season.

Qaas

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
On a positive note, this is a good time for a derby d'italia. Both Inter and Juventus are in great form and coming off possibly their best performances of the season last weekend. Confidence is high in both camps, so this will be more hotly contested than usual.

Most Inter fans including me agree with what Moratti said: "On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
On a positive note, this is a good time for a derby d'italia. Both Inter and Juventus are in great form and coming off possibly their best performances of the season last weekend. Confidence is high in both camps, so this will be more hotly contested than usual.

Most Inter fans including me agree with what Moratti said: "On one hand, we have a duel within the city, a constant and direct confrontation. On the other, we have a historical hostility. Sportingly speaking, the real enemy is Juventus.”

A5Evp.gif

Vialli_92

Primavera
Reaction score
Inter winning the Scudetto would be a travesty

I hope we bury them this weekend so they can all go back into hiding again

bluenine

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Inter winning the Scudetto would be a travesty

I hope we bury them this weekend so they can all go back into hiding again

Aha, a Juve fan here!

Inter are not ready for Scudetto this season. The objective is top 4. IMO the Scudetto is between Juve, Napoli and Roma, though I don't see anyone lasting it out with Juve till the end.

But over one game, anything is possible tomorrow.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
So Italy's top 3 have now played each other in absolute snooze fests. :sleep:

Serie A might actually be back :eek: