The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - AC Milan Tactics
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 19:04   #17
necromancer
Capocannoniere

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Yes and no.

That's why it doesn't work with Robinho is AM with Pato/Ibra. Cause Pato cannot take that wide position consistently well. Where as Cassano loves to take that position, particularly off the left side, and Robinho (unlike Boateng) can drop deep and collect ball effectively.

But in actuality when we used the Robinho/Cassano/Ibra tri-dent it worked reasonably well (small sample of games). We did actually win all 4 games, combine 9 goals, 1 conceded-

Granted the 3-0 win over Bari was coppa italia and the Chievo game was won with that awesome Pato solo effort....
Yup, Robinho and Cassano behind Ibra could well work, agreed. What I meant was that Robinho can't be a CAM behind Ibra and Pato. That won't work the way Allegri wants his top 3 to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
While I do think "next-desailley/rijkaard" was horrendously pre-mature he does have attributes to be it.

Again I don't like the idea of moving a proven class CB, but we cannot overlook the fact our midfield is SO devoid of energy and ability to hold possession, that both Thiago and Nesta have looked poor this year for large stretches because of being under constant pressure.

Mexes as a central defender (if he is back to his form, post injury, which is of course... to be determined.... but for arguments sake, lets assume he can get there).... Mexes as a central defender is better than majority of our midfield as midfielders.

I'd think long and hard about Thiago in midfield to accomodate Mexes UNTIL proper midfield replacements come.

We're just being overrun too hard in midfield that the whole nesta-silva partnership is being wasted.
Let us just say that I completely dislike the idea of playing a player who's one of the best in his position, in a different position where he is mediocre. Also, I do not think a Nesta-Mexes CB pairing is particularly better than, say, Silva-Yepes. Mexes is a very hot and cold defender. He has great games, and he makes horrendous mistakes. I dont want him to start for Milan.

So the difference is, I trust our midfielders to suck less than the potential suckiness of Mexes at CB and Silva at CM.

Aquilani, van Bommel and Nocerino can hold fort well once they get used to each other.
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote