Mattia Perin

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Fun fact: Amelia is the worst keeper in Serie A for percentage of shots saved. Abbiati is 17th. Saying they've got a crap defence in front of them is fine if you're comparing them to the top keepers, but this season they're two of the worst in the entire league. And that's despite their experience (and whatever else you get with age that makes you "ready" for Milan, especially the great Milan of 2013).

It's a bullshit argument anyway. You're never too young. These are grown men and professional footballers for fuck's sake. You're either good or you're not. Perin will make mistakes, so will Abbiati, and definitely Amelia too. The difference is that he'll learn from his mistakes and improve his game, whereas those two will be thinking of their retirement paychecks with every goal they concede.

:thumbsup:

And the fact that we have both of them is the issue - one needs to go and if we dont make 3rd spot then the younger keeper should be in an open competition with the veteran to be starter.

I wonder if we really believe in Gabriel or its all a ploy in these negotiations.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fun fact: Amelia is the worst keeper in Serie A for percentage of shots saved. Abbiati is 17th. Saying they've got a crap defence in front of them is fine if you're comparing them to the top keepers, but this season they're two of the worst in the entire league. And that's despite their experience (and whatever else you get with age that makes you "ready" for Milan, especially the great Milan of 2013).

It's a bullshit argument anyway. You're never too young. These are grown men and professional footballers for fuck's sake. You're either good or you're not. Perin will make mistakes, so will Abbiati, and definitely Amelia too. The difference is that he'll learn from his mistakes and improve his game, whereas those two will be thinking of their retirement paychecks with every goal they concede.

I've taken their save percentages into consideration(even wrote several posts about it).

I'm judging readiness by how good and reliable the Milan GK should be, not the level set by Amelia or Kalac or just age.

Perin is already better than Amelia, but if Abbiati finds last season's form, which I think he will as long as the injuries don't get too many, then he's a much better option than Perin atm.

Getting Perin or someone else would, for me, depend on how much we can get him for and how much we are willing to spend on a GK. If we're going to spend 8-12m and need a new 1st choice GK for next season, then I think there are much better options than Perin.

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
20mil? for this guy? whuuut?

If Strasser's agent says he is 10 millions worth does that mean we only sell him for that amount or does it mean that his agent wants to praise him? I think you know the answer.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
It's called keeping suitors away.

If Strasser's agent says he is 10 millions worth does that mean we only sell him for that amount or does it mean that his agent wants to praise him? I think you know the answer.

i call it stupidity to the max level

but ofcourse in football everything is allowed :fp:

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
perins price will mostly be dictated by weather pescara are relegated or not and they seem to have improved recently. if pescara stay up i wouldn't be surprised if they hold onto him for a year longer, i think 2013 is 1 year too early before milan and napoli decide to change their goalkeepers. theres also uncertainty with fiorentina who have dropped viviano they could make a bid, as could roma coached by zeman who loves developing young italian guys

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
perins price will mostly be dictated by weather pescara are relegated or not and they seem to have improved recently. if pescara stay up i wouldn't be surprised if they hold onto him for a year longer, i think 2013 is 1 year too early before milan and napoli decide to change their goalkeepers. theres also uncertainty with fiorentina who have dropped viviano they could make a bid, as could roma coached by zeman who loves developing young italian guys

Perin is owned in full by Genoa and is on loan in Pescara until the end of this season.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Zenit is gonna bid for Perin. :(

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
^
they can go fornicate themselves

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So in Summary:

- We are interested in Perin.
- Ladri too, despite they got Leali last season.
- Zenit has entered the race.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
our future goalkeeper just conceeded 6, yes 6 goals today. sign him up B & G

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pescara defense is nonexistent

only in one goal (the second) he could have done better. Maybe a little more attention in the 5th but didnt expect the defense to be asleep like that

He made 2 miracles in first half

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Are people actually judging him by the results?

The Similar way you all have "watched" players we are after, and you all judge them? (By Youtube video etc.)

I remember when Liverpool trashed Newcastle 5-1 or something like that, but still Shay Given was the MOTM.

Last edited:

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
If they lost 6-0, it`s an indicator of how shit their defense is, not the goalkeeper.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
for those who argue that it was just one game,

Pescara have the worst defense record in Serie A with 45 goals conceded... the second worsts are Cagliari and Roma with 38.

Sure his defense sucks, but he doesn't exactly strike me as the new Buffon

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Saw the goals, the defending for Pescara is on the level of the Jordanian first division. But I am still thinking that a move for Consigli would be better both on the technical term and the financial term.

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
poor guy.. pescara must have one of the worst defenses in football

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
marchetti is far better than any of these other goalies getting mentioned. i firmly believe he will challenge sirigu to be the future GK of italy and he will most likely start in the next friendly

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
marchetti is far better than any of these other goalies getting mentioned. i firmly believe he will challenge sirigu to be the future GK of italy and he will most likely start in the next friendly

:thumbsup:
He's been close to amazing this season

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Off course Marchetti is better than Perin but he's now 29,will be 30 next week... I saw Marchetti vs Chievo and in that game

Paloschi nearly embarrassed him with an attempted long range shot at 40 m I think (after that ,game stopped 5 minutes because Marchetti fall

like a silly man in his goal,torn up net in the process)...The man is in the good form no doubt about that but he also can have a potential moment

of howler like I saw in Chievo game...Better than Abbiati,Amelia and Perin for the time being yes but I don't think Milan will ever regret not getting him for sure...

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
:lol: :thumbsup:

Yeah, it was hilarious when Paloschi shot from the middle of the pitch and Marchetti ran back in the net and ripped it apart.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
haha i hadn't seen that, also i didn't know he was 29 already thats quite surprising.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
I think in terms of style Milan usually prefer a GK who is traditional in style, makes himself big, wins the crosses, stays on the line.. thats why I think Consigli is our best choice atm.

RossoneriTifosi

Beginner
Reaction score
i think, right now consigli would be the better than perin for us, but i feel like perin is a good chance to get a GK who really could be one of the best, but dont know about his potential, havent watched to many games with pescara but ive seen games, where he could of done better but, also games where he has kept pecara in the game. anyone who has watched pescare consistantly who can tell me about perin?