Carlos Bacca Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone had to do it

Born: September 8, 1986 (age 28), Puerto Colombia, Colombia
Height: 1.81 m
Weight: 77 kg
Current teams: Colombia national football team (Forward), Sevilla FC (#9 / Forward)

291FE6D400000578-0-image-a-130_1432766867252.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Good that you pointed out he is a forward for Colombia too and not just Sevilla. I thought he was a goalkeeper for Colombia

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This guy just reminds me of luke warm strikers like of the past like Cacau, Fred and Kanoute. I am just not excited by him , he is 29 in a few months and yeah, just not thrilled. I'd take him for 15M.

IF he arrives , of course I hope he does well.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I think he might be coming, if the price is right then I'm not going to bash our management about him. However, he is a player that requires decent service. Without it, he is going to be another Huntelaar type signing (Huntelaar much better IMO by the way).

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He reminds me of a hybrid between Javi Moreno and Ricardo Oliveira ... good enough for the spanish league but completely out of the element in the Italian league.

From what I've seen I can't say that he's great at something ... Dribbling, aerial play, strength, technique, positioning, poaching ... all seem average. Even Doumbia has better highlights than this guy. Overall good rounded striker but far from a difference maker and let's not forget that he probably doesn't speak Italian and it will take him a while to get accustomed.

Haven't followed him and truly hope I'm mistaken but right now I'd probably have taken someone like Immobile or Gabbiadini over him...

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I don't think I've ever seen him score unless there was a major gap in the opposition's defence or if he got a pass behind the defenders and that doesn't work well in SerieA, where 80% of the teams play with their defensive line on the 16m line.
He's not bad on crosses but we are, so no extra point there either

benavulture

Primavera
Reaction score
Rough market, yes for late august :g: zone (25m)

Sent from my T1L using Tapatalk

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I also get a strong Oliveira vibe about him.. I wouldn't want him here at the rumored 25-30m, hes a very good goal scorer but pretty limited player all round from what I've seen and at 28 hes not worth that money

To make it worse :g: messed up the Jackson M. deal and is now after Bacca for similar money :max:

Arsene

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I must be the only person who thinks he is better than Martinez.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
No. I hope he stays in Sevilla.

Brutalitops

El Tigre Chino
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Reus, Abate, De Sciglio, Ibrahimovic, Nesta, David Luiz, Thiago Silva, Poli, Cavani, ElSha
Rondon is cheaper and better

Hondayum

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, Maldini, Sheva, Rino, Pirlo, Nesta, Kaka, Pippo, Baggio, Vieri, Totti
20 goals in Real/Barca league > 21 goals in fodder Primeira Liga.

No offense to any Portuguese friends here :)

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I must be the only person who thinks he is better than Martinez.

No, our South America scout Zapata agrees with you.

None of them amaze me. And both would fail here unless we fix the midfield or get Ibra.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Welcome Carlos!

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
From the highlights and goals scored you can tell that his best quality is poaching, At this point, I think I'd rather get Luiz Adriano for 4-5 million then spend 25 million for Bacca. In my eyes, they are almost completely identical with Bacca being more physical.

The following is a friendly from last year against M.U.. he seemed to drop deep a lot and did a few good passes so hopefully there's more to him than meets the eye.

30 million for him though is ridiculous and absurd. 15-20 million at most. To give a comparison, Aubameyang was bought for 15 million and was way younger.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
From the highlights and goals scored you can tell that his best quality is poaching, At this point, I think I'd rather get Luiz Adriano for 4-5 million then spend 25 million for Bacca. In my eyes, they are almost completely identical with Bacca being more physical.

The following is a friendly from last year against M.U.. he seemed to drop deep a lot and did a few good passes so hopefully there's more to him than meets the eye.

30 million for him though is ridiculous and absurd. 15-20 million at most. To give a comparison, Aubameyang was bought for 15 million and was way younger.

This, paying this much money on a player who is soon to be 29 and his main asset is his pace is as stupid as it gets.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
"If I'd been in the stadium I would have taken off my high heel and hit Neymar. I know many women in the stadium would have joined me," Eloisa Ahumada[Bacca mother], told El Heraldo. - sauce

Armero enforcer :thumbsup: - https://streamable.com/o40r

"At 20 I was living in my village, Puerto Colombia, working as a bus driver's assistant. Life was far from easy. Next I had to work as a ticket collector on the buses because I come from a poor family and had to earn money to help them out. The doors of football had been closed to me for some time and at my age, it wasn?t something I could count on anymore. But that year I trialled for Junior de Barranquilla and, thank God, they took me."
Even so, he was playing in inferior categories and it wasn't until "2009, at the age of 23" that he played in the "professional league." Carlos is totally frank about this past and admits that he did things he now regrets and would never do again. "I had a hard time as a child and when I started making money I thought I had made it, but I was wrong."
And he looks to the present. "I picked myself up and carried on. The brave are not those who let themselves sink but those who rise up stronger."

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/14/en/football/spanish_football/1373828751.html

5 year contract? Tad much, no?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bacca's mother is my new hero.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Done deal!

‏@DiMarzio
Accordo anche con il #Siviglia: ? fatta per #Bacca al #Milan @SkySport

Welcome Charles Berry! Hope he does well.

30m buy out clause paid. 5 year (GDS say 4) deal at 2.5-3m for Berry.

Last edited:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
i have friends that live in sevilla, they say hes a very good player. this makes me optimistic.

Last edited: