Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
yep man that is killing me..

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
Ronaldo9 said:
So you wouldn't really like the option of him being Milan manager in the future (since I've seen you like the possibility of Van Basten or Rijkaard to take the place)?
no,thanks! :D

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
Franco Baresi in Budapest - may 2008
(press conference about Milan Junior Camp)

Part 1

Part 2

sLurPPP

il diavolo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leah Dizon, 3, 21 , 9MVB, 13, 7S, 22, 10RC, 4Alb, 7 Len, 10Savi
Shevchenko : sitting on the bench watching football n some talent

we should get him to be Milan Scout

paijo17

BAyond Godlike
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini.. Kaka.. Pirlo.. Gattuso.. Ibou.. Zizou.. Collymore etc. haha..
BUON COMPLEANNO REDONDO!!!
redondo.jpg

Name : Fernando Redondo
Date of birth : July 6, 1969
Place of birth : Adrogu, Buenos Aires

----
nice guy with great skilll
but with bad luck in Milan :(

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
BARESI, diventa dirigente

Franco Baresi, storico capitano rossonero del Milan di Sacchi e Capello, dopo alcuni anni trascorsi in panchina ad allenare il settore giovanile ora avrà un posto dietro la scrivania di via Turati.

L'incarico avrà inizio da lunedì prossimo, 4 agosto, e l'ex difensore entreeà a far parte della direzione marketing della società rossonera. e avrà, tra gli altri, come collega un suo ex compagno di squadra, Daniele Massaro.

Secondo quanto riferisce la Gazzetta dello Sport Franco Baresi potrebbe diventare anche il simbolo della società rossonera nel mondo grazie al legame fortissimo che non si è mai spezzato nemmeno negli anni della serie B e per il suo ottimo comportamento dentro e fuori dal campo.

milannews.it

mizonero23

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Mohamed Zidan, Huntelaar, Paul Gascoine, Gary Lineker, Amr Zaki, Hassan Shehata, Gattuso
I was just reading news abt Coloccini's transfer from Deportivo La Coruna to Newcastle United. They said that guy was a Milan player, loaned to like 5-6 clubs before he was finally bought by Deportivo. It was the first time to hear he was a Milanista.

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
mizonero23 said:
I was just reading news abt Coloccini's transfer from Deportivo La Coruna to Newcastle United. They said that guy was a Milan player, loaned to like 5-6 clubs before he was finally bought by Deportivo. It was the first time to hear he was a Milanista.
LOL... man i really loved him but he had a fall in his game..too bad!!

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Gourcuff has the potential to be an excellent player in years to come.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
genc said:
gourcuff scored on his debut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THVfZK-aSxY

ps: I posted this here under ex-milan players cuz I couldnt find Yohans thread in players section
It's in football and already has the links too. Advanced serch-search only titles;)

Also embedded function works perfectly.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Blog: What a clown!

As Francesco Coco embarks on an acting career, Giancarlo Rinaldi looks back on the left-back’s wasted playing days.

Over the years I have sometimes found myself trying to defend the indefensible in Italian football. My commitment to setting straight some of the stereotypes and prejudices against Serie A have seen me fight its corner with all my heart and soul. But even I have run out of patience with Francesco Coco.

The problem is, you see, that I can remember what this boy was going to be. When he emerged at Milan everybody hoped they had discovered the new Paolo Maldini. As he galloped up the wing from his full-back position, everything about him oozed talent and potential. The manner in which he has failed to deliver has been disappointing in the extreme.

However, while Coco’s career on the field of play has never scaled the heights it should have, he has certainly lived the superstar lifestyle. A string of super-hot WAGs have been seen at his side. There is nothing wrong with that, of course, but you just wish he could have put the same care and attention into his footballing career.

At least George Best, another man who was never short of a beauty on his arm, delivered some sublime sporting moments. Of course Coco was unlikely to be in his class, but he still should have had a good career for his country and a decent spell at a top club. Instead, his football tale is one which was always found wanting at the top level.

He has had more than his fair share of injuries, but you still feel his mind was never really fully concentrated on football. What makes it harder to take is how many people would have killed for a fraction of his ability. Fifty-odd games with Milan, 25 or so with Inter and countless loan spells are a poor return for a player of his class. Retirement at 31-years-old is the icing on the cake.

Apparently, after his flirt with reality TV, the world of cinema awaits. He is reputed to have his sights set on pursuing a career in acting. It may well turn out to be a setting where he finally realises his potential. Certainly, in the world of football, Francesco Coco will always be a story of what might have been.

ch4

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
AC Milan's Digao suffers knee injury at Standard Liege
tribalfooball.com - August 21, 2008

AC Milan defender Digao's loan at Standard Liege has ended in misery.

The kid brother of Milan ace Kaka has broken down with a knee injury, with doctors declaring the setback will keep him off his feet for six months.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Another twist in the life of a once the best player in the world :rolleyes:

Rivaldo quits AEK Athens to head to Uzbekistan

Rivaldo has rocked AEK Athens by telling the club he is leaving to take up a lucrative contract with Uzbekistan outfit FC Bunyodkor.

The veteran Brazilian forward revealed he held talks with AEK chairman Demis Nikolaidis last week and informed him that he has been made an 'extremely tempting contract offer', which he intends to take up immediately.

Rivaldo, 36, confirmed the news in a radio interview with Greek sport station Novosport FM, commenting: 'It was a difficult decision to make but I have received an offer that is very good for the end of my career. I had a great time at AEK. I thank the president and the fans but the offer is very good for me and my family.

'It is a very good proposal and I cannot turn it down. I would like to ask for a million apologies because there is so little time in the transfer window for the club to replace me but it was an exceptional proposal.'

The Asian club, previously known as PFC Kurivchi, finished runners-up in the Uzbek league last season and have tried to match it's growing success on the field with big name signings.

Earlier this summer, Bunyodkor sensationally claimed to have signed Samuel Eto'o but what would have been one of the most surprising transfers of all time was never confirmed and the Cameroon striker remains at Barcelona.

The news of Rivaldo's departure comes just three days after Nikolaidis announced he would be stepping down at the end of this season.

The former AEK striker headed a consortium that took over the Athens club in 2004 but cited the lack of support from fans as one of the reason that he would not continue in his role. Rivaldo said his decision was not connected to Nikolaidis's departure.

AEK play Cypriot side Omonia Nicosia in the UEFA Cup on Thursday, with the Yellows looking to overturn a 1-0 defeat from the first leg.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=566291&sec=europe&cc=4716

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
So here's this thread... I wanted to post that it was Demetrio Albertini's birthday 2 days back but I couldn't find it :)

Anyway, this story about Coco is more-less well known. A pity, come to think of it.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Milan and Viola set Borgonovo

Milan and Fiorentina will contest a testimonial friendly for Stefano Borgonovo, an ill player who played for both clubs.

Borgonovo is suffering from motor neurone disease - the same illness that killed Genoa hero Gianluca Signorini in 2002.

The 44-year-old former striker enjoyed the most successful season on his career on loan from Milan to Fiorentina in 1988-89 when he scored 14 goals playing alongside Roberto Baggio.

The Milan native spent the 1989-90 campaign behind Marco Van Basten in the pecking order, but he picked up a European Cup winner's medal.

After retiring in 1996, Borgonovo began coaching at Como but had to retire three years ago as his illness took hold of him.

The fixture between Milan and Fiorentina will be played on October 8 at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.
ch4

Here are two more articles on Borgonovo:

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=850521

http://www.goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=850822

I hope a cure for this terrible disease and other neurological diseases can be found soon. All my best to Borgonovo and his family.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I've heard the news also on my Local TV station.

Honestly, I've never heard of this guy before. I saw also his picture and it's really disgusting to see a human in those conditions. I hope he will find a cure and everything will be back to normal for him.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce

Quick reminder :)

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I feel kind of annoyed when Inter fans call Ibra 'Il Genio'. I know he's good and does magnificient stuff but he would still come second compared to IL GENIO.

2. Zlatan Ibrahimovic
A face you would like to slap but skills to die for. With his athletic abilities honed through martial arts and feet like flippers he is a thoroughly modern superstar. A player of power, presence and an ever-improving eye for goal.

1. Dejan Savicevic
Rarely was a nickname better chosen. Il Genio – the Genius – lit up Milan in the 1990s with his audacious touch and vision. His goal from the touchline against Barcelona in the European Cup Final was pure class.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/topten/icplayers.html

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
My two favorite number 10 players: Dejo and Boban... When I look at them and when I look at Seedorf... it makes me sad. Can't be compared by any means, never.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
I miss Dejan a lot he was just pure Class

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
N3d0 said:
My two favorite number 10 players: Dejo and Boban... When I look at them and when I look at Seedorf... it makes me sad. Can't be compared by any means, never.
Savicevic and Boban were two of the greatest players we have ever had but Seedorf is also another great player for Milan and when he stops playing I am sure he will be remembered as a fundemental member in our success under Ancelotti, he deserves it anyway.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jivara said:
Savicevic and Boban were two of the greatest players we have ever had but Seedorf is also another great player for Milan and when he stops playing I am sure he will be remembered as a fundemental member in our success under Ancelotti, he deserves it anyway.

He probably will, but Dejan and Boban are just in different league. Specially coz back then it was different style of football.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
some thing very bad about the club, dont have a concrete information

Former Milan Player Petrini Reveals Culture Of Doping
A former Milan player has admitted he and other players in Milan were subject to doping in the 1960's and 70's.

Sixty-year-old Carlo Petrini says that he and others were part of a culture of doping at the Rossoneri that was forced upon them by the then management, in a time when the long term affects of performance enhancers were largely unknown.

The former player revealed, “As well as being given medicine, I was also a victim of doping. I say victim, because to me that's what I was.”

Petrini told Sky Sport 24, “The first time, the doctor, masseur and coach came into the dressing room. The doctor had a vial in his hands which looked like a bottle of Orangina with a soft stopper. At that time disposable syringes didn't exist so big glass syringes that were boiled up along with the needles were used. That day, the needle went into the vial five times before being injected into five different thighs.”

Petrini continued, “It was only afterwards that we realised what we'd been given because whether it was running, jumping, or going for goal we had energy to burn. We felt fresh and just didn't run out of energy. Every day there were injections going around.”

Petrini, who in 2001 published a book in which he slammed past doping practices in the game, said, “Sometimes your tongue was so swollen it filled the entire mouth. We had to run around with our mouths open. At the end of the match we thought it would end there, but you had so much energy left you couldn't sit still. At three or four in the morning, when fatigue started to set in, you'd fall asleep on the spot.”

Petrini said his reason for speaking out is the lack of accountability from the club's past management.

Peter Pedroncelli

............i feel sorry about the players

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Ashish said:
some thing very bad about the club, dont have a concrete information

I don't think there is one club out there that is or has been 'clean'. If you thought we were one of them, I'm sorry but that has never been the case. Even the guy on your signature was a big doper. It goes on even now. Sad, but true.

It is the same for every sport.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Wet Ones said:
I don't think there is one club out there that is or has been 'clean'. If you thought we were one of them, I'm sorry but that has never been the case. Even the guy on your signature was a big doper. It goes on even now. Sad, but true.

It is the same for every sport.
i know it man, hope we dont do it again,

atleast we remain clean untill world ends.
was little disappointed after calsiopolli not because of point deduction or paper scudetto to inter

anyway i love this club ;)

Schedule