Cafu Thread

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why isn't there a thread about Cafu?

THE LATEST ON CAFU
11/21/2005
MILAN - Marcos Cafu was not called up for the Champions League away game in Istanbul because of a muscular injury incurred in the final minutes of the game against Fiorentina. The injury will be evaluated in the upcoming days.

[Source: ACMilan.com]

Last edited by a moderator:

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Cafu hadn't been performing very well recently
This time out for him to recuperate his muscular injury
May also be a good chance for him to recuperate his form back to health

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone on another thread said outright that Cafu is "finished." Do you think that's true?

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
BMWTaylor said:
Someone on another thread said outright that Cafu is "finished." Do you think that's true?
I don't think so. He's just struggling at the moment.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
BMWTaylor said:

Altough I hope that's not the case, I fear it kinda is. It's obvious he's not playing like he used to for a long time. Anyway, I think we need a replacement for him, and until we get it, Simic's the man.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's happening with him nowadays? Is he still injured?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
milanist said:
What's happening with him nowadays? Is he still injured?
jup...injured

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
Cafu eyes Brazil homecoming
31.12 || webmaster

Source: Football Italia

Marcos Cafu has confirmed he’ll end his career at San Paolo, suggesting this will be his last season with Milan.

“I have just one dream: to return to San Paolo as a player,” he told Brazilian newspaper ‘Globo Esporte.’ “When I moved to Europe, I left the door open for a comeback.”

As Cafu will be 36 years old at the end of the current campaign, it’s highly unlikely he will put this move off for another season.

The right-back left San Paolo after six years to join Spanish outfit Real Saragozza in 1994, but returned to Brazil soon after for Palmeiras.

His Serie A career took off with Roma in 1997 and he went on to win the Scudetto and 1994 and 2002 World Cups.

All set for a spell in Japan after his contract with the Giallorossi expired in the summer of 2003, Cafu was instead handed a revival at Milan, lifting another Serie A title.

News of his departure is a blow for the Rossoneri, who are also losing Jaap Stam at the end of this season, as the Dutchman has already revealed he’ll go back to Holland.

As Paolo Maldini and Alessandro Costacurta are in their late thirties, a revolution will be needed in Carlo Ancelotti’s defence.

The most likely target to replace Cafu at right-back is Lazio's Italian international Massimo Oddo, though Marco Cassetti of Lecce and Reggina's Giandomenico Mesto are other options.

Meanwhile, the indefatigable Cafu jokingly explained that he would gladly go back over his glittering career and change a few things.

“If I were to do it all again, I’d try to play as a striker. Someone like me has to push forward, come back to defend, go up the field again and put in a cross. If you make a mistake, the attacker moans and shouts at you. Yes, it’s definitely easier to be a hitman in football!”

Kaka_22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
Goodness, what will happen to Milan without Cafu???!!! We simply couldn't rely on Simic!!! That fella is just not good enuff!!! If only Milan has signed Cincinho.....:( :( :( :( :( :(

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
cicinho is not 30+
it seems to be ancelloti's pre-requisite for a defender...

foo...
:rolleyes:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
CAFU: 'Still a lot of desire to play in this shirt'
1/2/2006
MILAN - Il Corriere dello Sport reported what Marcos Cafu had to say about his future at Milan: 'I don't feel as if I have arrived at the end of my experience as a player in Europe. I still have a lot of desire to do well, I think a good season will set up a great World Cup. I am content at Milan and I have to say the club have always been very open with me so I have a desire to keep playing in this shirt. If Milan want me for another year I will sign. But I will know nearer the time.

acmilan.com

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cicinho pretty much kissed us off in order to jump to Madrid, so us not signing him is no fault of our own.

Kaka_22

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Sheva, Nesta
BMWTaylor said:
Cicinho pretty much kissed us off in order to jump to Madrid, so us not signing him is no fault of our own.
What I heard is that Cincinho has expressed his desire to wear the Rossoneri shirt in an interview upon approval of his Italian passport.....not sure if it's true....

Can't think of any great rightback who is an apparent successor to Cafu - I believe he's still the best in his position.....

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Kaka_22 said:
What I heard is that Cincinho has expressed his desire to wear the Rossoneri shirt in an interview upon approval of his Italian passport.....not sure if it's true....

Can't think of any great rightback who is an apparent successor to Cafu - I believe he's still the best in his position.....

FUCK cicinho don't talk about him now he is real Madrid Player

Another player f*ing up his career by joining real.

and about cafu i agree with you he is stll the best but he is Injyred

hope he Play against parma

Schedule