The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
De Paul is 3 years older and has 3 seasons more in Italy.

Yup, and he has never asked not to be included in his team's squad because he was worried about playing Brescia.

Paqueta has had two coaches not rate him this season, and has 1 goal in 36 games with the club.

De Paul is a fighter, and will be even better playing with better teammates.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Speaking to the microphones of Radio Sportiva Stefano Agresti, director of Calciomercato.com, spoke about Milan. These are his words: "I think a new revolution is coming to Milan: there is the intention to change the coach, Maldini's farewell and Rangnick's arrival is almost certain and then a very strong team will be built young person who can acquire value in the future "

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Speaking to the microphones of Radio Sportiva Stefano Agresti, director of Calciomercato.com, spoke about Milan. These are his words: "I think a new revolution is coming to Milan: there is the intention to change the coach, Maldini's farewell and Rangnick's arrival is almost certain and then a very strong team will be built young person who can acquire value in the future "

This is my only problem. We'll become Porto & Ajax... a production belt for bigger clubs to come and take our players. We used to be collectors of serious talent and now we'll pawn them. Thank you very much, gordon.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
This is my only problem. We'll become Porto & Ajax... a production belt for bigger clubs to come and take our players. We used to be collectors of serious talent and now we'll pawn them. Thank you very much, gordon.

Dutch and Portuguese leagues aren't as important as Serie A is, let alone there are both from small populations. Serie A has always been in the top 2-3 leagues since forever. And Milan is a bigger name brand them those 2 are,

Ajax and Porto have been selling their stars for decades and decades Rui Barros, Paulo Futre, Van Goaten, Rijkaard, Bergkamp so it isn't a post bosman or 00's thang.

MvB is more known for playing for us than he is for Ajax.

Anyway in modern sport a team cycle is about 3-5 years to win something before having to change things up. Look at Ladri, they've dominated for a decade and the reality is how many actual in their prime world class players theyre sign over that period, about 3-5 at best. Everyone else they've signed was waiting for the step up in their careers.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we cant keep stars then we are no longer a big club/brand.

Big clubs go out and buy the finished article... not gift wrap it and put in the shop window.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Big clubs go out and buy the finished article... not gift wrap it and put in the shop window.

The finished article thing is nonsense, that's what Barca and Real do and more often than not they fail with those type of signings. You need to sign players who are ready to grow into the next level, like Liverpool did with Mane, VVD, Salah. Players aged 23-25, like we did with Van Goaten, Gullit, Sheva etc not 28-30 because they really don't have much more room for development at that age and already on the decline.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Lol did you even bother to read what I originally wrote? For the record, I NEVER said that Theo was already WC or that Bennacer didn't have WC potential. What I actually said was that from a NEUTRAL standpoint, based on the current + previous seasons performances, Donna, Roma + Theo had the HIGHEST PROBABILITY of becoming WC one day e.g. 75% followed by Bennacer, Paqueta and Rebic e.g. 50%. In other words, from our entire 24 man squad, I identified them both amongst the 6 players with the highest potential. That's it plan + simple.

Now, if you disagree with my assessment or want to argue about it I could care less. However, if you take off your blinkers and look at the indicators e.g. market values and transfer rumours you'll quickly realise that the football world in general feels the same. For example, category A have all been linked to top clubs like Juve, Barcelona, RM lately unlike category B. Also, category A are our 3 most valuable players by market value which is indicative of their quality.

It's funny actually, you remind me of one of those posters who used to kiss Kessie's ass back in the day and refer to him in the same way you're talking about Bennacer now only to eat an entire cake full of humble pie a season later :lol:

The arrogance of your post is almost palpable :lol:

Lmao did you type your statistics into your machine to discover the probability of WC success? I' ll let you drag out your whoscored ratings.

Having spent multiple seasons in the top flight Donna and Roma have proven themselves a lot more than Theo and Bennacer.

I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with the fact that you say I have blinkers on, yet you put Theo in the same bracket as Dona and Roma. Theo has had one good half season, even then he's made several mistakes which is understandable given his experience.

In this knee jerk world a LB who scores goals and had previous behaviour problems was always going to have a headline impact. It's still only half a season. It doesn't make his chances of reaching WC status any more than other young promising players we have like Bennacer.

Pull down your posters kid and actually realise that half a season doesn't make a player more likely to reach WC than another, especially when they are both so young.

In a few seasons we will see exactly what happens.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Elliot has a goal to increase club's value and sell. Porto & Ajax have different goals. Even though strategies to achieve these goals might match in some aspects, I wouldn't worry about it now. Because Elliot is just a temporary owner. Our future depends on who they sell club to.

I personally wouldn't mind to get to the Ajax and Porto level with Elliot, i.e. become constant CL participant.

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

We haven't been a big club for 10 years, and I highly doubt we ever become a consistent big club ever again.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just read that we are seriously after Pierre Kalulu from Lyon on a free this summer. Plays as a RB and from the video I saw he is quick and strong. Can't say more

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
The arrogance of your post is almost palpable :lol:

Lmao did you type your statistics into your machine to discover the probability of WC success? I' ll let you drag out your whoscored ratings.

Having spent multiple seasons in the top flight Donna and Roma have proven themselves a lot more than Theo and Bennacer.

I don't have an issue with that, I have an issue with the fact that you say I have blinkers on, yet you put Theo in the same bracket as Dona and Roma. Theo has had one good half season, even then he's made several mistakes which is understandable given his experience.

In this knee jerk world a LB who scores goals and had previous behaviour problems was always going to have a headline impact. It's still only half a season. It doesn't make his chances of reaching WC status any more than other young promising players we have like Bennacer.

Pull down your posters kid and actually realise that half a season doesn't make a player more likely to reach WC than another, especially when they are both so young.

In a few seasons we will see exactly what happens.

Lmao do you even realise that Theo grew up in the Atletico Madrid academy and played a season for Real fucking Madrid? They’re 2 of the biggest teams in football today in case you didn’t know so he has every right to be considered in the same category as Donna + Romagnoli especially after performing so well in his first season in Italy.

Meanwhile, Bennacer already spent a season in Italy before as part of a relegated teams midfield LOL.

Anyway, market values don’t lie nor does the fact that absolutely nobody is talking about Bennacer in the footballing world but keep deluding yourself that they’re on the same level if it makes you feel better during these difficult times :lol::thumbsup:

Last edited:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lmao do you even realise that Theo grew up in the Atletico Madrid academy and played a season for Real fucking Madrid? They’re 2 of the biggest teams in football today in case you didn’t know so he has every right to be considered in the same category as Donna + Romagnoli especially after performing so well in his first season in Italy.

Meanwhile, Bennacer already spent a season in Italy before as part of a relegated teams midfield LOL.

Anyway, market values don’t lie nor does the fact that absolutely nobody is talking about Bennacer in the footballing world but keep deluding yourself that they’re on the same level if it makes you feel better during these difficult times :lol::thumbsup:

You're hilarious! He hasn't even had an international cap and was practically booted out of Real Madrid. Playing only 131 minutes all at the end of the group stages. Ask yourself why we got him at a good price? Hes had behavioural troubles in the past if you did some research and left the French u21 squad looking to sunbathe.

Bennacer has won the AFCON and a player of the tournemant. Signed to Arsenal as a youth product and also played a season on top flight Serie A before joining here and got them promoted.

Theo has had an extremely good half a season, by your judgements Suso would have been a likely WC star. I'm not knocking Theo but it seems you've got some weird infatuation with him.

Just realise that we have two good youth stars their probability of reaching WC status is not any different. In a few seasons you can begin to make those statements.....

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score

Anyway, market values don’t lie nor does the fact that absolutely nobody is talking about Bennacer in the footballing world but keep deluding yourself that they’re on the same level if it makes you feel better during these difficult times
What do you mean?

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I agree that the squad isn't too bad. But as Ibra/Kjaer transfers have proven, we lack some maturity / experience.

Also - I'd say Leao is yet too raw to be considered as WC potential. I haven't seen anything spectacular from him so far. I'd say he's close to Niang's level when he was here at the beginning.

I like his goal against fiorentina tho, which shows he has potential, quick feet... but he needs to be properly trained of course.

https://youtu.be/_d5TIgerTic

I saw him doing similar things before so he has the pace and technique

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Anyway, market values don’t lie nor does the fact that absolutely nobody is talking about Bennacer in the footballing world but keep deluding yourself that they’re on the same level if it makes you feel better during these difficult times

This is just not true. There are plenty of overvalued players around or sales at prices who just aren't justifiable. DeLigt for example is currently valued at 75M while Romagnolis MV is considered to be 45M. However none of them is currently outshining the other one. Let alone outshining by 30M. I would even dare to say that Roma as the captain has a bigger weight and impact than handball- and error-prone Deligt has for Juve. So his current MV should be a little bit higher than DeLigts.

But that's not how MV works. It's not entirely on their performances. The major difference between Roma and DeLigt this season hasn't been performance, but the teams they play for. So for me, MV do lie at times. To a certain extent at least.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
You're hilarious! He hasn't even had an international cap and was practically booted out of Real Madrid. Playing only 131 minutes all at the end of the group stages. Ask yourself why we got him at a good price? Hes had behavioural troubles in the past if you did some research and left the French u21 squad looking to sunbathe.

Bennacer has won the AFCON and a player of the tournemant. Signed to Arsenal as a youth product and also played a season on top flight Serie A before joining here and got them promoted.

Theo has had an extremely good half a season, by your judgements Suso would have been a likely WC star. I'm not knocking Theo but it seems you've got some weird infatuation with him.

Just realise that we have two good youth stars their probability of reaching WC status is not any different. In a few seasons you can begin to make those statements.....

Lmao talk about downplaying Theo's entire career whilst inflating Bennacer's achievements to strengthen your argument. In case you didn't realise, according to FIFA's latest rankings, France are ranked 2nd amongst NT whereas Algeria aren't even in the TOP 20 LOL so of course it's going to be harder to break into the squad. Especially for a player who just turned 22 six months ago.

Also, Theo managed to play 13 league games as a 20yo for RM (competing against the likes of Marcelo) whereas Bennacer didn't even register a SINGLE game for Arsenal. In fact, they refused their option to buy him back last summer before we bought him LOL.

Finally, it's funny how you consider Bennacer achieving promotion with Empoli as some kind of crowning achievement yet downplayed Theo playing for the strongest team in the world. Also, Theo has NEVER played in the second tier of any football league whereas Bennacer spent time in Ligue 2 in addition to Serie B previously which speaks volumes given they're both the same age.

Let me guess, I bet you also consider Krunic a future superstar too right given that he also spent a few seasons with the mighty Empoli? :lol:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
This is just not true. There are plenty of overvalued players around or sales at prices who just aren't justifiable. DeLigt for example is currently valued at 75M while Romagnolis MV is considered to be 45M. However none of them is currently outshining the other one. Let alone outshining by 30M. I would even dare to say that Roma as the captain has a bigger weight and impact than handball- and error-prone Deligt has for Juve. So his current MV should be a little bit higher than DeLigts.

But that's not how MV works. It's not entirely on their performances. The major difference between Roma and DeLigt this season hasn't been performance, but the teams they play for. So for me, MV do lie at times. To a certain extent at least.

I was talking about the increase/decrease in market values during the season e.g. Bennacer's value has increased from 15m to 20m whereas Theo's has doubled to 36m which makes sense given that he's been a standout performer. Btw those are in British Pounds and are just a rough approximation which could obviously vary depending on how badly a team wants the player.

Every man and his dog knows that Juve overpaid for De Ligt because he was at the centre of a bidding war between the best teams in the world. Therefore, he’s an outlier rather than the norm.

Last edited:

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Tell me about it

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lmao talk about downplaying Theo's entire career whilst inflating Bennacer's achievements to strengthen your argument. In case you didn't realise, according to FIFA's latest rankings, France are ranked 2nd amongst NT whereas Algeria aren't even in the TOP 20 LOL so of course it's going to be harder to break into the squad. Especially for a player who just turned 22 six months ago.

Also, Theo managed to play 13 league games as a 20yo for RM (competing against the likes of Marcelo) whereas Bennacer didn't even register a SINGLE game for Arsenal. In fact, they refused their option to buy him back last summer before we bought him LOL.

Finally, it's funny how you consider Bennacer achieving promotion with Empoli as some kind of crowning achievement yet downplayed Theo playing for the strongest team in the world. Also, Theo has NEVER played in the second tier of any football league whereas Bennacer spent time in Ligue 2 in addition to Serie B previously which speaks volumes given they're both the same age.

Let me guess, I bet you also consider Krunic a future superstar too right given that he also spent a few seasons with the mighty Empoli? :lol:

I'm not downplaying any achievements that weren't there to begin with lmao. Funny how you don't take into consideration Theo's defensive contribution or his problems in the past?

Are you special or something? Market value isn't a true representation of the probability of someone achieving WC status.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
I'm not downplaying any achievements that weren't there to begin with lmao. Funny how you don't take into consideration Theo's defensive contribution or his problems in the past?

Are you special or something? Market value isn't a true representation of the probability of someone achieving WC status.

So getting signed by RM as a 20yo and playing 23 games in all competitions isn’t an achievement? Nor is spending your entire career in the top flight whereas the guy you’re hyping has spent more seasons in Division 2? Lmao.

Btw, I never said that Theo was the finished article already which is why I said he only had the potential to be WC.

Also, I’m not just looking at market values as a standalone indicator. I’m also taking into consideration performances, transfer rumours and pundits opinions etc.

Anyway, I’ll leave this debate as I started it. Theo is easily worth 40m on today’s market and has been linked to Juve, Barca etc for a reason. Meanwhile, NOBODY is talking about Bennacer except you LOL.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
So getting signed by RM as a 20yo and playing 23 games in all competitions isn’t an achievement? Nor is spending your entire career in the top flight whereas the guy you’re hyping has spent more seasons in Division 2? Lmao.

Btw, I never said that Theo was the finished article already which is why I said he only had the potential to be WC.

Also, I’m not just looking at market values as a standalone indicator. I’m also taking into consideration performances, transfer rumours and pundits opinions etc.

Anyway, I’ll leave this debate as I started it. Theo is easily worth 40m on today’s market and has been linked to Juve, Barca etc for a reason. Meanwhile, NOBODY is talking about Bennacer except you LOL.

Again you mention MV, Theo was 20mil but Paqueta was 35 mil yeah you regard Theo higher.

You're confused and I can't really be bothered to respond any more, it's like talking to a brick wall.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Again you mention MV, Theo was 20mil but Paqueta was 35 mil yeah you regard Theo higher.

You're confused and I can't really be bothered to respond any more, it's like talking to a brick wall.

:lol::fp:

Lol Paqueta's market value was 30m last summer because he had a good half season in Serie A which solidified his value.

However, based on this season's performances his value dropped to 25m whereas Theo's skyrocketed to 36m which makes perfect sense.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Summer transfer window set to move & player contracts ending 30 June set to be extended

This is just England atm.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:lol::fp:

Lol Paqueta's market value was 30m last summer because he had a good half season in Serie A which solidified his value.

However, based on this season's performances his value dropped to 25m whereas Theo's skyrocketed to 36m which makes perfect sense.

:lol::lol:

Theo has had half a good season what makes you think he's going to be a superstar more than our other young players.

It's not factual it's merely an opinion and you can't seem to get round the fact that Theo still needs to prove himself just like the others.

Sighhhhh

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Report: Napoli set on Gattuso

This wudnt've the case had the 2 Barca games went ahead.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan great Marco van Basten is worried about the future of his old club. Van Basten says Milan can no longer be regarded among the game's elite.

“I don't follow much Italian football, but I can say that AC Milan in my time has dominated the world of football, while today they are struggling to survive," he said.

“It seems to me a big difference. I think UEFA should try to get clubs closer to each other. "The differences are getting too big, it will be increasingly difficult to bridge them."

516cc458c0dadb43a702c3d70ef8bc4b.gif

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I was talking about the increase/decrease in market values during the season e.g. Bennacer's value has increased from 15m to 20m whereas Theo's has doubled to 36m which makes sense given that he's been a standout performer. Btw those are in British Pounds and are just a rough approximation which could obviously vary depending on how badly a team wants the player.

Every man and his dog knows that Juve overpaid for De Ligt because he was at the centre of a bidding war between the best teams in the world. Therefore, he’s an outlier rather than the norm.
In DeLigts case I wasn't talking about what they paid for him (which was insane and under everyone's eyes as you put it correctly), but the MV he's valued at as per transfermarkt.de. Kepa for example was valued 20M (which seems okayish) when Chelsea splashed 80M for him (no words here, really).

Theos rapid increase of MV has surely a lot to do with his goals and assists. Those are stats who boost ones MV. That said those numbers are a consequence of Theo playing a much more central role than Bennacer in our attack. He's another winger basically. Bennacer has other stats who speak for him. Stats like balls recovered per game, dribblings made per game, key passes per game, pass accuracy... Stats who are way more important for the role he has to cover in the center of our midfield (being it regista or anchor or whatever you want to put it) than goals and assists. However those are no stats that boost your MV like goals and assists do.

All of that being said: In my eyes both have been equaly important for us this season. Without Theo our offensive would have been indeed dire especially during our 4-3-3 without Ibra but with Suso as your focal point. But without someone like Bennacer who basically was carrying the whole midfield while Kessie was choking big times and leaving all the dirty work to him our team would have continued to look just as awful as under GP who prefered to bench Bennacer.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

It isn't that bad. Acting like we are constantly finishing midtable and below. Worst finish is 10th and then 8th. Had worse b2b seasons back in the 90's when we had far better players back then. In fact our last 4 finishes are no different to how they were in the 80's and then look what happened, had the right owner and found the right coach.

The problem we have is we have money people and not football people making the decisions. The business model isnt the wrong one moving forward it's just the execution of how you go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule