The Rumour Commode XVII: A Condor In A Sea Of Red!

Who's the mystery patient at La Madonnina this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
So we have 4 strikers at the moment. Hope we don't move to 4-3-1-2 again. :fp:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
Bacca's positioning is not awful. The reason you think it is, is because he barely touches the ball all game due to our shitty midfielders so therefore he moves out of position to get more touches on the ball. Inzaghi playing with such a wonderful team behind him could focus on his obligation which was just to score goals and nothing else. Bacca unforunately has to try and do much more than he can to pick up for the lack of service. EVEN with the minimum chances that he had this season he still managed 18 goals.

Menez with an even worse Milan side managed 16 creating his own chances and goals in a false - 9 role and even Menez had his faults with being selfish.

The entire idea is what works best for the team. Bacca does not work for Montellas game and you're going to ask me why. First of all Bacca is a short manlet that can't catch his breath and won't be able to pressure defenders like Niang. Second of all Bacca offers no fantasy/ruthlessness to the attack. Poaching in soccer is one of the easiest thing you can do. Even I can wait for my team mates to do all the work receive the ball and tap it into the net, that's actually my favourite cause it means I don't have to run much. Players like Mandzukic, Griezzman etc are a nightmare for defenders because they offer pace/skill/physicality that makes it hard for defenders to deal with. Chellini can murder Bacca and grill him in his BBQ. The reason why Montella wanted Gomez at Fiorentina was because Gomez can do the same thing as Ibra/Mandzukic/Pazzini where they can receive the ball and hold it against a defender which allows the attack (wingers) to rush forward, receive the pass and create something. If you have a Pizzaro/Montolivo/Bonucci play a super long ball from a counter attack, you'd have Mandzukic/Pazzini/Gomez chest that ball and hold it until someone like Cuadrado comes in to receive a past to go in behind the defender. Allegri's Milan did this all the time with Ibrahimovic. That's of course one example. And of course all 3 of those players were foxes in the box and were able to score at any time via their head/feet/whatever when they receive a pass which is what we all applaud Bacca for being very good at.

Bacca may be amazingly good at 1 thing, but he sucks at everything else and players like him are a dying breed. At Barcelona Bacca would never fly because he does not offer the kilometres Neymar and Suarez offer or the talent Messi has. Even at Real Madrid Benzema is always pressuring players and providing passes to Ronaldo. So stop giving me that shit about "bro he needs a midfield". These are all players with world class midfields who still offer 1000x more than Bacca which is why they are where they are. The game has changed. Why did Pelle work so well for Italia? Kilometres, physicality, and height. Pelle was amazing at holding the ball up and he could finish chances. 2 is always better than one ;)

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Cn6JRNiWYAAUI6W.jpg

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I don't even want us to sign a replacement, we have Adriano and Lapadula but I see Niang very well as a starter for us in CF with a Cuadrado/Suso wing pairing. I don't even care if Niang doesn't score, it's the fact he offers physicality, dribbling, chances and kilometres that makes him so attractive, you can have another player be the fox in the box very easily. Conte's Juve is testament to this with mediocre players like Matri and even his Italia with Pelle. It's a proven model that works.

IMO Montella has the players at Milan currently to succeed very well. Montella isn't Mihajlovic who is a shit manager with no idea what he was doing. Look at the talents that we have:

Romagnoli
De Sciglio (amazing euros)
Mauri (star starter in Parma)
Donnarumma (someone Ventura is already raving about being the future of Italy)
Locatelli (finalist with Italy-19)
Zanellato (who they're calling the new Rabiot in Italy, Montella particularly really likes him in training)
Suso (came off a great season at Genoa)
Niang (20 and years of experience at the top flight)
Calabria

Milan isn't bad at all imo, we honestly just need a player that offers more kilometres as Poli isn't convincing and Kucka is inconsistent and as well as a new Montolivo/Pirlo unless Montella reactivates him into a new player. Abate/Antonelli/Paletta are solid and Honda/Bonaventura aren't bad either.

IMO this is a squad that can definitely surprise. Let's not forget the only team that has gotten stronger is Juve. Roma, Napoli, Lazio and Inter haven't invested into anything crazy

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
bacca, luiz adriano, matri and lapadula for one spot.

that's not including niang and menez who can play as WF

9qlov9i.jpg

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I hope Niang stays on the wing.

As a CF, he sucks.

Played his best football at Genoa and last season at Milan as CF though but the beauty of him is he can occupy all 3 roles.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
wasn't niang a winger at genoa?

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Niang played well as a SS, not main CF in fact.

At Genoa he was the main CF. He can play that role as well, he has Weah's physical construct IMO.

Given what we saw though, I'd sell one of Bacca/Adriano, Menez and Matri.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
SM: Il ‪#‎WestHam‬ anche per domani ha prenotato le visite mediche per ‪#‎Bacca‬ allo ‪#‎SpireRoding‬. Ma il colombiano sembra intenzionato a partire con il Milan

SpazioMilan: West Ham for tomorrow has schduled the medicals of Bacca in SpireRoding. But the Colombian want to go with Milan.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Monto-Berto to compete for regista role as did Pirlo-Ambrosini.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Menez with an even worse Milan side managed 16 creating his own chances and goals in a false - 9 role and even Menez had his faults with being selfish.

Menez fucking scored 8 penalties wtf!!!

Did Bacca even take a penalty?? including coppa italia he had 20 goals! thats 6 more goals than Ibra had for us in his first season. without fucking Pirlo, VBommel,Seedorf etc.

Don't even get me started at the amounts of times Menez killed the attack FFS. :fp:

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Menez fucking scored 8 penalties wtf!!!

Did Bacca even take a penalty?? including coppa italia he had 20 goals! thats 6 more goals than Ibra had for us in his first season. without fucking Pirlo, VBommel,Seedorf etc.

Goals a goal, most of those penalties Menez created for himself as well. Menez also isn't a poacher like Bacca who stays in the box all day and played for an arguably less talented Milan with a coach who was even more clueless than Mihajlovic. My point is stats don't tell the full story half the time. I'm by no means a Menez advocate, I think he was a selfish fucker that held us back. Thats the only point I tried to make with that argument

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Praise the gods, it looks like Bacca might be staying. I can't believe some of you ******s thought we wouldn't take a huge hit by losing him. Now we actually have a chance at next season not being a complete disaster.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Played his best football at Genoa and last season at Milan as CF though but the beauty of him is he can occupy all 3 roles.

He played as a SS.

Niang played well as a SS, not main CF in fact.

Remember his Genoa and Montpellier spells? He played as CF and didn't impress.

His main issue is he doesn't have the brain to be a CF. Being a CF requires a lot of thinking + movement to open up defenses so other players can exploit that space CBs leave behind and a CF needs to know how to make well timed runs.

Niang's off the ball movement in the attacking phase is horrible. He can thank his athleticism for making him seem less shit than he is now.

wasn't niang a winger at genoa?

He was played as a CF.

Last edited:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Forza Bacca, happy he will stay :thumbsup:

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't get why people are laughing... What I said about Bacca is 100% spot on lol. You all can't act like he's a grace from god when he offered nothing for 85 minutes. I also reiterated why Inzaghi was actually a better player because of positional intelligence which is something Bacca lacks in. How many 1 on 1's has Bacca missed last season or how many failed robonnas did we curse to?

And why are you laughing at the idea of a prime balotelli? In 2012-13 Balotelli was the one who carried us in that final stretch of the season. He also played really well in the Euro's and Confed. When Milan went to shit so did Mario unfortunately... That Mario cost us 20m. Bacca cost us 30.

It's always the same shit posters on here who don't understand football that will defend the shittiest footballers lol. You could have put me in the same positions as Bacca and I probably would have had 25 Serie A goals. Bacca couldn't even outpace his defenders half the time. Don't give me that bullshit about how he's such a world class player. He's a good player but he does not fit into Milan and especially Montella's game.

This post should deserve a ban.

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I don't get why people are laughing... What I said about Bacca is 100% spot on lol. You all can't act like he's a grace from god when he offered nothing for 85 minutes. I also reiterated why Inzaghi was actually a better player because of positional intelligence which is something Bacca lacks in. How many 1 on 1's has Bacca missed last season or how many failed robonnas did we curse to?

And why are you laughing at the idea of a prime balotelli? In 2012-13 Balotelli was the one who carried us in that final stretch of the season. He also played really well in the Euro's and Confed. When Milan went to shit so did Mario unfortunately... That Mario cost us 20m. Bacca cost us 30.

It's always the same shit posters on here who don't understand football that will defend the shittiest footballers lol. You could have put me in the same positions as Bacca and I probably would have had 25 Serie A goals. Bacca couldn't even outpace his defenders half the time. Don't give me that bullshit about how he's such a world class player. He's a good player but he does not fit into Milan and especially Montella's game.

serious question... are you related to congo or necro?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Genoa's 343 didn't use a striker. Niang was used in the left side, as a SS/winger (maybe inside forward would be the exactly position). The central player was mostly Perroti but he played very deep.

Niang never played well as a striker.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Status
Not open for further replies.