Rocco Maiorino Thread

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our new Sporting Director. He was the head of our scouting department up until now.

maiorino-300x240.jpg

(is that him in the pic? I hope so, very da milan)

@DiMarzio
Milan, Maiorino promosso ds: i dettagli http://fb.me/3l28Lqu8a

Finished International Business at Nottingham Trent & more about him - http://it.linkedin.com/pub/rocco-maiorino/9/2a1/950

Edit: I don't know if this should go in the transfer section or players?

Last edited:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well apparently he was the head of scouting department, dont know for how long tho. Didnt hear of him before the rumors of him getting promoted came around.

Could very well be a short term solution before someone like Sogliano is free, or maybe he did really deserve the promotion and they thought hed be the right man, which I doubt

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Milanello
Kudos to Marino for his swiftness in the Bonaventura transfer; when Galliani called him and requested Bonaventura -->
-> he immediately called Bonaventura and told him to come to Milano to discuss personal terms with Galliani so they could finalize the deal.

I think Rocco had some influence in this window, because its been an unusualy good mercato for ''modern'' Milan.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@Milanello
Kudos to Marino for his swiftness in the Bonaventura transfer; when Galliani called him and requested Bonaventura -->
-> he immediately called Bonaventura and told him to come to Milano to discuss personal terms with Galliani so they could finalize the deal.

I think Rocco had some influence in this window, because its been an unusualy good mercato for ''modern'' Milan.

:thumbsup:

Would be nice to see more of this kind of mercato.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That comment is about Pierpaolo Marino, Atalanta sporting director.

romlakers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Normally, he's only in this role for a year after Sogliano will become our technical director.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
@Milanello

:fp: you got it wrong.

It was about Pierpaolo Marino, DS of Atalanta. And not for our DS Rocco Maiorino.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp: brain fart

Either way, I think Rocco had influence in this mercato. That tweet just reminded me that I wanted to single him out.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
In what way? He was not even part of most the weekly meetings at arcore to discuss transfer stategy.
Our ds is sadly Galliani, this guy (like anybody Galliani will appoint at this position) is a "waiter" as Sean S. describes this position at Milan.
He's probably the guy sent to fax the documents to finalize constant's or bakaye's deal...

Galliani has made Milan to be Galliani... Before Barbara strong arm took the side of the business, he was "everything"...or he is still everything on the sporting side.

Go to the website and look at the club hierarchy, look at all the titles that fall under the sporting side this business...if you stare long enough at the names of those in those position they'll spell : Adriano Galliani

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Well apparently he was the head of scouting department, dont know for how long tho. Didnt hear of him before the rumors of him getting promoted came around.

Could very well be a short term solution before someone like Sogliano is free, or maybe he did really deserve the promotion and they thought hed be the right man, which I doubt

This is a figurehead position at milan

Milan doesn't utilize scouting

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
This is a figurehead position at milan

Milan doesn't utilize scouting

I think Milan's scouting consists of Berlu watching a CL game on TV, writing the name of a player he wants, and handing G the list 5 or 6 years later.

If Berlu is still around, I fully expect to see CR7 to Milan in 2020