Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
he was amazing in his first season

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
he was amazing in his first season

the subsequent decline of his performance has been more due to his national team duties than anything else

after his first season he played Confederations Cup in 2013 summer, and came back with muscular problems, in 2014 he broke his leg, in 2016 he broke his ACL

probably he's finished but he never deserved the hate he got

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
does not deserve the lambasting he gets, was a classy individual from start to finish even when he was getting significant hate from fans

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
so is he still here?

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
does not deserve the lambasting he gets, was a classy individual from start to finish even when he was getting significant hate from fans

Eh, no... No he wasn't.

Not at all.

Not even close.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
Who should’ve been the captain then back then?.. when the idea was to try kickstart a new project with a young core. Montolivo was the only one who had some experience and was still playing pretty well when we signed him.

anyone else.

because montolivo being the captain was as inconsequential as anyone else being the captain at that period.

in fact, he went on to cause and perpetuate controversy instead of disparaging it.

but there's ppl treating him as if he was fucking Maldini.

apparently you ppl have the memory of a fucking goldfish.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
montolivo did nothing wrong...

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
anyone else.

because montolivo being the captain was as inconsequential as anyone else being the captain at that period.

in fact, he went on to cause and perpetuate controversy instead of disparaging it.

Listen to the lady, guys.^

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
I thank montolivo for ruthlessly getting rid of that Trojan horse pretending to be anti virus - seedorf.

But otherwise overstayed his welcome by 5 years.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
anyone else.

he was being B and G puppet like everyone else during that period. iirc many players came out and blamed seedorf. Its obvious management asked them to say these words. seedorf was stupid himself during this whole fiasco, who said in the media, half of this squad needs to be rid off. in the pitch he always gave his all.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montolivo deserved the armband in 2012.

His ass.

He deserves horse shit.

Yeah yeah he was a ventriloquist who spoke the mind of the B&G.

And TBH he looked like shit even when he was giving it his all.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
he was being B and G puppet like everyone else during that period. iirc many players came out and blamed seedorf. Its obvious management asked them to say these words. seedorf was stupid himself during this whole fiasco, who said in the media, half of this squad needs to be rid off. in the pitch he always gave his all.

tumblr_n9ij0ekQmc1setsv8o1_400.gif

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i remember most of the forum mocking him during pre-season with miha. and once he reclaimed his spot in starting 11 haters went to hiding. then came back again after his second injury. i also remember him leading distance covered charts.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I remember him being a sub-par 'leader' who never really seemed to give a damn, making trouble, consistently playing poorly and putting us in a lot of trouble over, and over again with his insanely poor passing and slow decisions.

I don't remember seeing any actual class at any point. Unless you count the fantasies of some people here.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I remember him being a sub-par 'leader' who never really seemed to give a damn, making trouble, consistently playing poorly and putting us in a lot of trouble over, and over again with his insanely poor passing and slow decisions.

I don't remember seeing any actual class at any point. Unless you count the fantasies of some people here.

:thumbsup:
He probably had about 10 great games in total....a few good ones, some "meh/invisible ones" and some really terrible ones. All in all "sub-par" as you rightly said.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
montoleader sucks.

He was "good" in his first season (mainly because he was better than the other fodders playing in the mf) and somehow became captain.

Its been downhill since there. He's had some really atrocious performances too...

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
lol. "good" in first season. squad wise we had no business in finishing third that season. he was one of the few players(also allegri, who also gets lots of hate) who carried us to the finish line. haters always ignore the fact that he had two major injuries while on duty which ruined almost entire seasons.

Burlesqoni

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Revisionists claiming monto carried us :lol:

Please save some face and just stop.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
he still here? :mad:

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta

please dont ever contradict yourself. Seedorf's not a complete dumbass like some of the ppl here. I'm willing to bet that when Seedorf said that to the media, in his mind, Montolivo was included in that group. And if Montolivo really was giving his all on the pitch, then that just makes him more fucking worthless than we think. Because he was god awful on the pitch when we needed him the most.

What they blaming Seedorf for exactly? Telling the truth? Seedorf was the only manager who had the balls to call the then current state of Milan what it really was and I'm sure he had much stronger words he would have liked to share. Berlusconi dont like ppl with balls because it makes him feel inadequate af. Its why the yes man Brocchi came in so quickly. Should Seedorf have said what he did? No. But was he wrong? Fuck no.

Try again. Montoloser has no place amongst the current Milan. Needs to fuck off and be a relic somewhere else.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
please dont ever contradict yourself. Seedorf's not a complete dumbass like some of the ppl here. I'm willing to bet that when Seedorf said that to the media, in his mind, Montolivo was included in that group. And if Montolivo really was giving his all on the pitch, then that just makes him more fucking worthless than we think. Because he was god awful on the pitch when we needed him the most.

What they blaming Seedorf for exactly? Telling the truth? Seedorf was the only manager who had the balls to call the then current state of Milan what it really was and I'm sure he had much stronger words he would have liked to share. Berlusconi dont like ppl with balls because it makes him feel inadequate af. Its why the yes man Brocchi came in so quickly. Should Seedorf have said what he did? No. But was he wrong? Fuck no.

Try again. Montoloser has no place amongst the current Milan. Needs to fuck off and be a relic somewhere else.

:star::proud:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
trash fodder can. gtfo for good. get lost. good riddance.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

b & g are totally behind all the interviews by the players. many players gave these interviews blaming seedorf.

"when we needed him the most" what is this even supposed to mean? after all the legends and ibra+thiago+cassano+van bommel left, he still helped us get 3rd place. do you remember that squad? that squad is worst squad compared to all the squad since. and b & g actually dismantled that squad completely and forced 4312. also just look at his midfield partners. poli, muntari, de jong(i actually liked him as destroyer), washed up essien, bertolacci, nocerino :fp:. how can anyone contribute playing with these "players" and that too after 2 serious injuries? you want him gone? i don't mind that at all. but he is no fodder. and people actually jump to defend biglia who is just a worse version of montolivo.

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
i was looking up milan's recent seasons to refresh myself on the dark age and on how this guy became captain.

by the time the 2012-13 season started- nesta, inzaghi, gattuso, seedorf, zambrotta, MVB, oddo, silva, ibra, cassano, and aquilani were all gone and berlusconi still didn't have any money to replace anyone, the remaining players in the squad on paper had made the club a mediocre upper-mid table team, the only senators left were ambrosini, abbiati and fucking bonera

in the first 13 rounds milan only collected 15 points, it was a miracle allegri didn't get sacked then and it was even more of a miracle that milan came 3rd that season and qualified for CL. el shaarawy scored 16 goals in the first half of the season then balotelli came in and him and pazzini picked up the slack in the 2nd half and would you believe montolivo played a starring role in the midfield throughout the season and it was his pass to mexes that created the goal on the last matchday against siena to make it 1-2
and make 3rd place.

by the time the 2013-14 season started- ambrosini, antonini, flamini, yepes, and boateng were all gone and the only guy to come in was kaka... oh and fucking matri so by pretty much process of elimination, montolivo, abbiati and kaka would share the armband

allegri's magic wouldn't work for a 2nd time, he picked up 5 wins in 19 matches and famously got fired after berardi scored 4 goals in a lost to sassuolo 4-3. the season was a disaster, all the players were fucking trash. seedorf came in and very slowly steadied the ship until the end of the season, however seedorf also famously said he didn't want 75% of the squad including montolivo and that caused the majority of the players and management to turn on him

montolivo would never be the same, kaka and abbiati had left leaving him the burden of captaining the most mediocre milan teams in recent memory and he was no where near preforming to his 12-13 form and he would have 2 serious leg injuries (both happening on 2 separate international duties) throughout the following years

montolivo is just complete fodder now, he is a relic of the end of the berlusconi era, he needs to leave when his contract expires next year and never come back

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
i was looking up milan's recent seasons to refresh myself on the dark age and on how this guy became captain.

by the time the 2012-13 season started- nesta, inzaghi, gattuso, seedorf, zambrotta, MVB, oddo, silva, ibra, cassano, and aquilani were all gone and berlusconi still didn't have any money to replace anyone, the remaining players in the squad on paper had made the club a mediocre upper-mid table team, the only senators left were ambrosini, abbiati and fucking bonera

in the first 13 rounds milan only collected 15 points, it was a miracle allegri didn't get sacked then and it was even more of a miracle that milan came 3rd that season and qualified for CL. el shaarawy scored 16 goals in the first half of the season then balotelli came in and him and pazzini picked up the slack in the 2nd half and would you believe montolivo played a starring role in the midfield throughout the season and it was his pass to mexes that created the goal on the last matchday against siena to make it 1-2
and make 3rd place.

by the time the 2013-14 season started- ambrosini, antonini, flamini, yepes, and boateng were all gone and the only guy to come in was kaka... oh and fucking matri so by pretty much process of elimination, montolivo, abbiati and kaka would share the armband

allegri's magic wouldn't work for a 2nd time, he picked up 5 wins in 19 matches and famously got fired after berardi scored 4 goals in a lost to sassuolo 4-3. the season was a disaster, all the players were fucking trash. seedorf came in and very slowly steadied the ship until the end of the season, however seedorf also famously said he didn't want 75% of the squad including montolivo and that caused the majority of the players and management to turn on him

montolivo would never be the same, kaka and abbiati had left leaving him the burden of captaining the most mediocre milan teams in recent memory and he was no where near preforming to his 12-13 form and he would have 2 serious leg injuries (both happening on 2 separate international duties) throughout the following years

montolivo is just complete fodder now, he is a relic of the end of the berlusconi era, he needs to leave when his contract expires next year and never come back
Why did you make me remember?!

Schedule