The Red & Black Forums - View Single Post - Milan's History Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 18:00   #13
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22

Because he was getting old. If you notice in Milan (and French national team) he played in midfield but after moving to Chelsea he played as a center back along with his countryman Frank Lebouf. He continued to play in this position in French national team. And it is very normal if anybody who were in Milan in season 96/97 and 97/98 would want to leave Milan since the club was sinking..
But in 1999, Desalliy was 30 years old, as a DM or CB, he is not so old. He can continue to play maybe 3 years and has good condition in these 3 years. I don't think Desailly wants to leave Milan, he doesn't care money and the champion ( because he had been got Serie A and CL in Milan ). Maybe this is because Milan didn't think he can play as the CB !

L
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
luigi Sala as important defenders? You've got to be kidding me. Did you actually watch him play? That's like saying Coloccini and Roque Junior are good defenders. Sala is a mediocre defender at best. Yes he was in the team that won the 99 scudetto but he looked decent defending the right side because he had Thomas Helveg covering him.
I had watch some Milan's games in that time. I feel Sala is good at heading, and his teamwork is very excellent. I think Milan sell him because Milan get Laursen, but in fact, if Sala can still in Milan, maybe he will become a famous defender !!!

Ok, we stop talking about Desailly and Sala. In my opinion, defense is very important in Italian Serie A. This is why Juventus can get a lot of champion in these 8 years. I feel after 1999, Milan didn't have good central defenders until Nesta come, do you think so ???

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote