AC Milan - Champions League 2009/2010

How will it feel to watch Kaka play vs. Milan in the CL?

• Excited

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Angry

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Sad

Votes: 37 35.2%
  • Nervous

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 27 25.7%

• Total voters

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Was there a thread for this before the meltdown?

Can't remember but..

We're back in the CL, so let's kick some ass. :D

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Thank God we were qualified for the group stages, because with our pre-season...

NemcyTheKing

Mister 300
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Serginho
reaching the quarter finals this season would be our biggest achievement...

mizonero23

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Mohamed Zidan, Huntelaar, Paul Gascoine, Gary Lineker, Amr Zaki, Hassan Shehata, Gattuso
Guys, remember in 2007 we were written off by critics, we were almost knocked out by Bayern, but we went all the way and won it. Yes, Kaka was extraordinary in tht season, but I believe Pato can pull-off some magic this season and we might end up in the semis, which wont be tht bad.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
a great backline will always keep you competitive in a cup competition.....

the way silva looks, and nesta looks to be back, we just need a fb. Of course our issue isnt necessarily first team, it could use certain upgrades but its very competitive... its more like if we get any injuries uptop or in the back, we are screwed

sLurPPP

il diavolo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Leah Dizon, 3, 21 , 9MVB, 13, 7S, 22, 10RC, 4Alb, 7 Len, 10Savi
Was there a thread for this before the meltdown?

Can't remember but..

We're back in the CL, so let's kick some ass. :D

okay for starter lets kick Oddo's & Boriello's ass

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
At the moment i dont think we will get past the group stage.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
At the moment i dont think we will get past the group stage.

can we wait till the draw happens?

edit: does anyone remember the grouping of teams... I know we are still in pot 1 :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I gave some wrong information abouit it. I said Jube is in pot three but with few knock-outs they are already in pot2.

The pots for the group stage draw can be seen here - http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seedcl2009.html (note there are two scrolls on the page)

so in pot 2, the best teams are real madrid, inter and juve. We cant draw the italian teams so there is a 1/6th chance we could get real madrid.

worse possible draw for milan would be... Real Madrid, Bourdeaux, wolfsburg...

i cant really decide hwo is best team in pot 3, rangers and stuttgart would present big problems too considering the way they play

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
so in pot 2, the best teams are real madrid, inter and juve. We cant draw the italian teams so there is a 1/6th chance we could get real madrid.

worse possible draw for milan would be... Real Madrid, Bourdeaux, wolfsburg...

i cant really decide hwo is best team in pot 3, rangers and stuttgart would present big problems too considering the way they play

Yup. But if Arsenal would fail to proceed Inter would take their place in the pot1 and the probability would be 1/7 with Real if they haven't changed something in this draw as well.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yup. But if Arsenal would fail to proceed Inter would take their place in the pot1 and the probability would be 1/7 with Real if they haven't changed something in this draw as well.

which would actually benefit us

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
If anyone is wondering, the draw will take place on 27 August 2009, 18.00 CET.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Hope we get arsenal in the group ,time for some payback.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

You hope to get to the group stage. Milan is in the same pot with them and can't meet them.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
You hope to get to the group stage. Milan is in the same pot with them and can't meet them.

Yes and really ?Thought assnal was second tier (have not achieved direct qualification or won the cl ever )

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes and really ?Thought assnal was second tier (have not achieved direct qualification or won the cl ever )

So? Inter hasn't really won it either.

Anyways a little wrong info by me - Arsenal and Lyon both must loose for Inter to be upgraded to the first pot.

MilanMarkus

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

That is definitely the team I want to avoid. Celtic was no match for them yesterday. There is nothing worse than to lose when you're in fact playing a youth team.

I just hope we get an easy draw because it's not hard to imagine what Galliani will say when we don't make it through the group stages. I don't think we'll win the CL this year but after the group stages everything is possible...

But the most important thing in CL this year is not to get humiliated like Real Madrid last year.

DSM

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Guys, remember in 2007 we were written off by critics, we were almost knocked out by Bayern, but we went all the way and won it. Yes, Kaka was extraordinary in tht season, but I believe Pato can pull-off some magic this season and we might end up in the semis, which wont be tht bad.

Milan had alot of players at agood age like Gattuso & Pirlo playing well & they would need to reproduce that.

Kaka' for instance played very poorly against Bayern & very well vers Manchester United & when this happened different players stepped up.

Nesta getting fit for the Quarter Finals onwards was the main reason Milan won in 2007 in my opinion & I don't think they could have done it without him & shows why Nesta is one of the best players in the world in any position in the last 12 years & one of the best defenders of all time.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Worst draw for us would be Real Madrid, Bordeaux and Wolfsburg.

I would like to see one good team in our group and two bad teams. That way we are assured qualification (As long as we don't screw up big time) but at the same time have to be in top form to be able to top the table.

I hope: Milan, Lyon, kiev/besikktas, anyone but wolfsburg. :tongue:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
I really don't think we'll get near the final, I think it's possible for us to get to the semi's, and that would be a great achievement (though I think we need a new full back to reach that stage) I think the quarter finals would be a respectable finish.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Worst draw for us would be Real Madrid, Bordeaux and Wolfsburg.

I would like to see one good team in our group and two bad teams. That way we are assured qualification (As long as we don't screw up big time) but at the same time have to be in top form to be able to top the table.

I hope: Milan, Lyon, kiev/besikktas, anyone but wolfsburg. :tongue:

lol, a draw of bad memories... Kaká... Gourcuff... Dzeko...