Week 25: Fiorentina - Milan 22/2/20 20.45 CET

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

Slow it down to 0.25x.

Ibra's leg touches dalbert. He's fine. His first touch on the ball is bad, he realizes he messed up and decides to fall.

Anyway, a discussion for another time.

I am ruining the blame the ref and blame the Turkish immigrant narrative.

voom

Banned
Reaction score

Slow it down to 0.25x.

Ibra's leg touches dalbert. He's fine. His first touch on the ball is bad, he realizes he messed up and decides to fall.

Anyway, a discussion for another time.

I am ruining the blame the ref and blame the Turkish immigrant narrative.

According to you min 2:27 was also a dive?

In these situation when there is a small contact you lose equilibrum.
Have you ever play football?

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
To AC Milan:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
can’t believe Milan app - no pics of our captain but there is a pic of cutrone!

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
this league has been a joke for years and years, that's why nobody is taking serie a serious anymore. Winning it has no value at all... sad, when you know there once was a time where winning the scudetto meant a whole lot

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Not making a 100% effort to stay up is not the same as diving. WTF.. :o

Again unlucky with the ref. No, a red card is by no means getting the game on a platter. Its generally much less useful than a penalty, unless you are up by a lot of goals already. And thats the general case, in AC Milans case its hardly proven even useful. The last two times AC Milan went 11 to 10 all it did was wake up the opponent.

NiceGuy123

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I have always loved that we are a gentleman team never complaining to the referee like Ladri or Merda.

Lol what? Romagnoli complains to the referee every game about every foul. He's like a younger Bonucci in this regard. Also Montella blamed the refs half the time during his time here.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Casual Tfatty has needed a vacation for quite some time now. :head: Give him a chance to rediscover the joys of creativity

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
Lol what? Romagnoli complains to the referee every game about every foul. He's like a younger Bonucci in this regard. Also Montella blamed the refs half the time during his time here.
That's something you don't see while wearing your heart shaped Milan glasses.

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
Even with Ibra the games aint exciting to watch anymore. We always buy players to sit on the bench when we need starting players.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
In these situation when there is a small contact you lose equilibrum.
Have you ever play football?

It didn't take Pato 2 mins to realize he has to go down from point of contact.

False equivalence.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

are you saying bonucci doesn't do that now? also bonucci doesn't get yellow carded for complaining.

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jesus Christ. Did you watch Paqueta last week? I fucking love Paqueta, but he did nothing. He actually missed through balls.

Hakan put two really good through balls, and Samu should have just shot, while Theo decided to try and dive. Those are the only reason why I think Hakan is not absolute shit.

Paqueta doesn't create shit. He's not a CAM, I think he's best suited to a 3 man midfield in a 433, and he probably has more potential than Hakan--but he also can't keep passing moves going nor retain possession as well.

Did I say Paqueta played well? Unlike Hakan, Paqueta saw opportunities for through ball and tried them. He is rusty, so they didn't go through. Both are not good, but Hakan is not 10 material

voom

Banned
Reaction score

I'm not mad since a long time with reffs,but this was just criminal.Milan need to boycott these refs ,send some kind of protest to Italian football federation.It really looks like refs are bribed,it's disgusting.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Geeughhhhh

Pissed at the ref decisions.

Even more pissed at the mentality of this team and the lack of good bench options to sustain these tactics.
I was actually a bit disappointed to see Dalbert sent off.
The team was in no state to dominate a team, even with a numerical advantage. If anything, the pressure that comes with having the advantage messed with their fragile little minds. They seemed unsure of whether to protect the result or try to extend the lead. They half-assed everything and gave the ref the chance to screw us over once again.

We need impact subs, badly. We have no one to re-energize the team in the last half-hour.
It used to be Rebic, but he's a starter now.
Last season we had Cutrone and Borini coming on and playing as if a lifetime in gulags awaited in case the team didn't win. Yesterday Cutrone was doing that for Fiorentina, and his work resulted in a PK and equalizer for his team, although the ref deserves to be spat in his face for that call. Cutrone had how many goals as sub for us? Borini used to come on and score or assist and make us finish games stronger than we started them.
This team however dies when fatigue kicks in for the starters.
Leao is not a 4231 LW option, and Ibra is not going to get benched.
Paqueta and Bona play at Brazilian league tempo.
Saelemakers is yet to show signs of having an end product.

It's bad enough to not have a solution on the bench for fatigue.
The problem is also worsened by some of the starters. And it's not the usual suspects or scapegoats like Hakan or Kessie.
Ibra's low workrate forces the rest to compensate for him, tiring them out even quicker.
The team is being dictated by a person(Bennacer) who plays like a cherry-on-top player. Very promising player, who's already great at certain stuff, but his characteristics are a terrible fit for a 4-2-3-1 DM. Their main duty is to offset having 4 attackers for an entire game. Bennacer plays as if he has a lot of freedom, and he tires himself out like an attacker. Add to that his main weaknesses. He's a liability.
There's lots of talks here about replacing Kessie, but if the club is serious about this 4-2-3-1 or double pivot systems, then Kessie is not the one that doesn't fit, although he could also be upgraded.
If we got someone like Fabinho, then I'd rather team him up with Kessie.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I highly doubt Pioli has the authority or the balls to take Ibra off.

I don't think he's stupid enough to do that.

With players like Ibra it's their way or the highway. It's a sacrifice you need to make if you want them in the team.
Mourinho even specified this as the reason he rejected Ibra this winter. And now he's complaining about his lack of striker options.

For Pioli there's hardly any sacrifice.
Even a fatigued, unbenchable 38 yo Ibra is better than having Piatek. And let's not act like Leao has made a positive impact as sub lately.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I don't think he's stupid enough to do that.

With players like Ibra it's their way or the highway. It's a sacrifice you need to make if you want them in the team.
Mourinho even specified this as the reason he rejected Ibra this winter. And now he's complaining about his lack of striker options.

For Pioli there's hardly any sacrifice.
Even a fatigued, unbenchable 38 yo Ibra is better than having Piatek. And let's not act like Leao has made a positive impact as sub lately.

Leao isn’t anywhere near the level required to change a game for us. Nor is Paqueta obviously. Which is why our squad is just a shadow of a squad at present. It’s a poorly constructed mess. Going from dependable bench options like Cutrone and Borini to a rando youth who can’t even control the ball like Salamander is just pathetic.

Against 10 men and with massive spaces opening up for counters, having a painfully mediocre and wasteful Ibra on field is sadly still our best option.

Last edited:

hopetorture

Primavera
Reaction score
how many attacks did kessie screw for us? he is just so useless offensively, its not even funny. he has no vision, no technique. he should not try to make any key passes in the offensive 3rd, just make an easy pass to other teammates, at least we keep posession this way.
he would not make atalantas starting 11 now i am sure. gasperini is laughing at us.

refreeing was a joke too, still we should have won..

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Everything that needs to be said has been said already.

- Ref should have fucking used VAR
- We shouldn't have been in that situation either way if we used our 10 man advantage properly and didn't collapse mentally.

BUT the fact that VAR usage is an arbitrary decision by ref is fucking stupid.
Teams should be able to request VAR 1-2 times per match.
It's not the first time when I see ref not use VAR when he is clearly wrong.

p.s. Don't see why people are pist at Crutone. We should be pist at ourselves for letting him go because Piatek had a great half a season.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
well next game where we cant control the game in 2nd half
benna and kessie alone with less active attackers (samu, rebic, hakan) cant keep alone against attacks coming one after another
pioli should bring someone to the midfield and swap from 424 (because this is real formation we play after 60th minute)

ShevaNo7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Maldini, Boban, Weah, Sheva, Kaka, Rui Costa, Nesta, Zizou
Geeughhhhh

Pissed at the ref decisions.

Even more pissed at the mentality of this team and the lack of good bench options to sustain these tactics.
I was actually a bit disappointed to see Dalbert sent off.
The team was in no state to dominate a team, even with a numerical advantage. If anything, the pressure that comes with having the advantage messed with their fragile little minds. They seemed unsure of whether to protect the result or try to extend the lead. They half-assed everything and gave the ref the chance to screw us over once again.

We need impact subs, badly. We have no one to re-energize the team in the last half-hour.
It used to be Rebic, but he's a starter now.
Last season we had Cutrone and Borini coming on and playing as if a lifetime in gulags awaited in case the team didn't win. Yesterday Cutrone was doing that for Fiorentina, and his work resulted in a PK and equalizer for his team, although the ref deserves to be spat in his face for that call. Cutrone had how many goals as sub for us? Borini used to come on and score or assist and make us finish games stronger than we started them.
This team however dies when fatigue kicks in for the starters.
Leao is not a 4231 LW option, and Ibra is not going to get benched.
Paqueta and Bona play at Brazilian league tempo.
Saelemakers is yet to show signs of having an end product.

It's bad enough to not have a solution on the bench for fatigue.
The problem is also worsened by some of the starters. And it's not the usual suspects or scapegoats like Hakan or Kessie.
Ibra's low workrate forces the rest to compensate for him, tiring them out even quicker.
The team is being dictated by a person(Bennacer) who plays like a cherry-on-top player. Very promising player, who's already great at certain stuff, but his characteristics are a terrible fit for a 4-2-3-1 DM. Their main duty is to offset having 4 attackers for an entire game. Bennacer plays as if he has a lot of freedom, and he tires himself out like an attacker. Add to that his main weaknesses. He's a liability.
There's lots of talks here about replacing Kessie, but if the club is serious about this 4-2-3-1 or double pivot systems, then Kessie is not the one that doesn't fit, although he could also be upgraded.
If we got someone like Fabinho, then I'd rather team him up with Kessie.

Interesting that you single out Bennacer. Are you saying that he is like a luxury player that we can’t afford, that somehow Hakan’s attacking influence is curtailed because he has to cover for Bennacer’s free license so much? Replacing B with a true DM would do what to our attack? Would it change the fact we have 1 out of 4 attackers in scoring form? The problems are manifold I really don’t think it’s dictated by Bennacer. We should be putting games like yesterday’s away and for me that is a fault of the attack.

Last edited:

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We have an entire squad of teenagers and they tire like 40 year olds.

Why is that?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

omer486

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did I say Paqueta played well? Unlike Hakan, Paqueta saw opportunities for through ball and tried them. He is rusty, so they didn't go through. Both are not good, but Hakan is not 10 material

Good point there. Paqueta seemed to have vision but wasn't able to properly execute on it.

Hakan doesn't have the playmaker vision to open up defenses. Hakan can give good passes in the midfield and even some good long passes but in the final quarter of the pitch he isn't very dangerous, aside from some goals from long shots.

The team definitely needs an upgraded playmaker for next season if they want to play 4-2-3-1.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We don't have anyone capable of playing in the hole behind the striker, as I've been moaning for more than a year now. Hakan completely lacks the vision to play there, Paqueta is very mediocre in decision-making as well as a number of other things, and Bonaventura is far too lacking in fitness for such a role.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Interesting that you single out Bennacer. Are you saying that he is like a luxury player that we can’t afford, that somehow Hakan’s attacking influence is curtailed because he has to cover for Bennacer’s free license so much? Replacing B with a true DM would do what to our attack? Would it change the fact we have 1 out of 4 attackers in scoring form? The problems are manifold I really don’t think it’s dictated by Bennacer. We should be putting games like yesterday’s away and for me that is a fault of the attack.

No, you're mixing things up.

Ibra is the one that tires out his teammates.
Bennacer tires out mainly himself. He gets overambitious and tends to take unnecessarily many risks.
He doesn't have anyone covering or compensating for him, and that's the problem.
I've seen him and Kessie get caught out of position simultaneously far too many times.

Both of them would benefit from playing next to a holding mid like Bakayoko.
However ideally you have two aerially and defensively strong midfielders to offset the 4 attackers and Theo. None of our midfielders fit that description.
We're very vulnerable to counterattacks, vulnerable to set-pieces, weak at aerial duels in the midfield and weak at blocking and preventing shots from dangerous positions.
I'm not sure adding Baka would fix all this. This team seems to only be able to play at one tempo, and they do it until they run out of fuel. I think two DMs would stabilize things. The attack would suffer initially, but there would be less pressure to get an early lead.

Hakan has no one to blame for his inconsistency but himself. He is who he is.
Rebic and Samu heavily benefit from having Ibra on the pitch, although it means they have to compensate for his lack of pressing.

Schedule