The Boxing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona

of running and hugging
tbighugs.gif

berpelukan.............

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Lmao

Floyd too transcendent

Manny couldnt touch him

Bow down

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Need gif of Money shaking his head saying nope as Manny repeatedly fails to hit him

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Bow dowwwwwn
!!!!!!!!! Goat goat goat

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Lmao

Floyd too transcendent

Manny couldnt touch him

Bow down

Gotta agree.

You have to take it to and take it from the champ

manny didn't do that

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Manny just seemed clueless from the get go, couldn't touch him, disappointing from him.

Floyd looked great though, why would he want to retire being still so good? still has a few years left in him surely, with no-one close to him.

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
Floyd is amazing... he's going to have haters wherever he goes...

Truth of it is 48-0

Defensive Genius and executed his gameplan perfectly...

Rolling off the ropes with nice counter rights...His dad was ragging on him hard between rounds...Tough love makes a champion

People are always going to complain about him hugging and ducking. Truth is he outsmarted Manny and fought a smart fight. His approach may be boring to some but he gets the job done. Very classy style of boxing...

TMT

:star: :star: :star:

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Mayweather was like Chelsea. Winning but uninspiring.
On the brighter side,I feel like hugging more now.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Floyd fought smart, Pacquiao was tryin' what he could with that reach distance between them but too many wild punches from Pacquiao though.

Mayweather is a master in defence, and when he had figured pacquiao, it was never a question.

Very bad entertaining, but Floyd did what he had to do.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
BORING.

Boxing sucks monkey balls compared to MMA, you can just ran away and hug your opponent the entire match and don't get ducked any points. Also and maybe even more importantly, ring control isn't pointed.

Floyd the man who beats woman and hugs men won the "fight"..lulz this was a glorified sparing match.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
same shit happens in mma when the guy decides to hold ("wrestle") another guy on the ground for 3/5 rounds, boring fights happen in boxing and mma.

over hyped matches tend to disappoint most of the time, cormier jones was a snooze fest IMO.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure there'll be a real fight of the century in the next 85yrs.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Floyd too good. He soaked Manny in and controlled him like a training partner.

meh fight though, this is what you get when a fight is long overdue.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
All this talk about running is exaggerated.

This fight was a battle of styles.

Mayw is a counter fighter, and he perfects it. Pac just couldn't implement his game plan/style.

If this fight had happened 4-5 years ago then who knows.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pacman should have dressed like mrs packman if he wanted floyd to fight him.

Whats the chance of a rematch? Flyod is better. Closing his career beating pac twice would be the best way to go out + hed get another shiton of cash. Whats he got to loose?

bacon d'or

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fight of the century still belong to Morales vs Barrera

oh yes right I mean I dont always watch boxing (I didnt watch pacman vs floyd, fell asleep), but when I do... morales vs barrera I

what a fight that was, two real warriors, barrera should have won

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Mayw is a counter fighter, and he perfects it. Pac just couldn't implement his game plan/style.

I wonder if xavi hernandez thinks floyds fighting stile is a correct way of playing sports?

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Truth is this was always going to be a boring fight - even if it was 5 years ago.

If the fight had originally happened Floyd would have held more, been more elusive and still coasted to victory. Manny's only hope would have been to go all out and hope something connected to hurt him and then take control.

The mere fact that he didnt even try that last night and chose to fight tactically instead of throwing caution to the win in the first 4 rounds shows he and Freddie Roach (who is doing way more talking than winning these last few years) arent on the level of Floyd tactically.

It was fun to see the media paint Floyd a certain way and once again he outfoxed them like de does every opponent with his calm and reserved entrance, his sporting displays throughout the fight and his gracious words after.

He made it look like all they were saying (much of it true but some stuff very slanted) was all lies. Sure he had domestic abuse cases, he served time or settled them, sure he is extravagant and promotes a materialistic lifestyle but isnt that the US capitalistic system and he has used that image to market himself far past what any would have thought for his style of fighting.

Where were the reports on Mayweather's discipline or work ethic or tactical ability - no need because so much people just wanted to see him lose when if you were paying attention to both men careers you would know that was ever only going to happen off of a lucky punch.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I wonder if xavi hernandez thinks floyds fighting stile is a correct way of playing sports?

Anti - boxing :o

Running, holding, ring too big :lol::lol::lol::lol:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
oh yes right I mean I dont always watch boxing (I didnt watch pacman vs floyd, fell asleep), but when I do... morales vs barrera I

what a fight that was, two real warriors, barrera should have won

The first fight could go either way even many believed barrera should have won it. The second one also close though most of people think morales should have won it. And the third bout was also close again though barrera won by majority decision.
What a trilogy fight that was.

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The first fight could go either way even many believed barrera should have won it. The second one also close though most of people think morales should have won it. And the third bout was also close again though barrera won by majority decision.
What a trilogy fight that was.

Those fights were like movie fights. One guy would get rocked and you were sure he was in serious trouble but he would come right back and land something devastating and back and forth they went.

The will of both of them and ability to take punishment was just to a ridiculous level.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
First

Second

Third

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Full throttle from start to end

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
same shit happens in mma when the guy decides to hold ("wrestle") another guy on the ground for 3/5 rounds, boring fights happen in boxing and mma.

over hyped matches tend to disappoint most of the time, cormier jones was a snooze fest IMO.

:thumbsup:

Is Ben Askren boring as fuck? Yes

Is he so good at what he does that he can be annoying as fuck and not a single person can do anything about it? Yes.

Same applies with Mayweather, on a even higher level. If people don't like his "running" and "hugging", then they should figure out a strategy to stop it.

MB, :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

One of the few ppl here who knows what they are talking about in terms of fighting.

And I will end with this.

11206103_809897339086118_916516525644924564_n.jpg

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2843CE5F00000578-0-image-a-4_1430645061429.jpg

2843D49C00000578-0-image-a-5_1430645064898.jpg

Britney-Spears-song.jpg

The-other-way-around.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule