The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Yes, I had to look twice. 4 goals and 7 assists in all comps :thumbsup:

DelectableMelodicFlyinglemur-size_restricted.gif

Nostradamus

The Predictor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rummenigge, Maradona, Scholl, Lizarazu, Lahm
So what's going to happen with Sanches and Tolliso? I think it's better to have Heynckes than Tuchel.

Would love Meyer at Milan though. But I don't think it would happen.

Also Julian Brandt to Bayern is done, right?
Sanches ll get sold and Tolisso has to share his place with Goretzka in CM. Prob with Tolisso is, that his best position is more OM than CM..a bit like Pogba roaming near the box having a good shot and header..his passing and structuring the play abilities r not that convincing and defensively also not great and I think it wasnt a good idea to buy such kind of player. He ll surely stay over the summer, but I cannot see him finding a suitable place in the team.

Not so long ago I was relatively sure that Brandt ll go to Bayern, but nowadays I m not that sure anymore, as I think he isnt that interested in playing 2nd fiddle to James, but behind the striker is the only position I see him delivering class performances. He is not fast and explosive enough for the wings. Bayern r still favourites to get him I guess, but I m not so sure its already done and dusted.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I am really excited for this next summer though. Imagine selling Donna for 60 million euros and replacing him with Reina which also reduces our wage bell. We then sell Kalinic and Silva and lets assume we only get 55 back. Thats already 110 million to spend with a substantial amount of wages to boot to spend. Bring in Dzeko, Cavani or some striker who can be our 25 goal man (maybe even Balotelli for free), a pacey LW, another 2 cms, one world class and one good rotational player like Badelj and a sub left back and I'd say we have a quality team again.
For example, Balotelli, Reus, Modric, Badelj, Strinic, Reina (we could easily have this type of window and have money left over.
Or Dzeko, Depay, Vidal, Badelj, Strinic, Reina.
In terms of attracting players a lot of it depends on Cl but I think its pretty clear we will have some money to spend between outgoing players and funds. Especially if we choose to monetize Donnarumma which I am not entirely against.

Who would be excited of getting rid of dolla for 60m only? And then signing Pepe Reina ??

And how can we get 55m for kalinic and A Silva who together have scored less than 5 goals in serie a.

We'd better be rich during the summer mercato....we aren't selling any of our good players.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Sanches ll get sold and Tolisso has to share his place with Goretzka in CM. Prob with Tolisso is, that his best position is more OM than CM..a bit like Pogba roaming near the box having a good shot and header..his passing and structuring the play abilities r not that convincing and defensively also not great and I think it wasnt a good idea to buy such kind of player. He ll surely stay over the summer, but I cannot see him finding a suitable place in the team.

Not so long ago I was relatively sure that Brandt ll go to Bayern, but nowadays I m not that sure anymore, as I think he isnt that interested in playing 2nd fiddle to James, but behind the striker is the only position I see him delivering class performances. He is not fast and explosive enough for the wings. Bayern r still favourites to get him I guess, but I m not so sure its already done and dusted.

Next season bellarbi, goretzka and embolo are all transferring to milan. Its been reported on bild.

Reaction score
I think 60 to 70 for Donarumma would be fine. World class teams don't need anything more than a solid goalkeeper to be competitive and I'd rather have that money spent on quality forward or winger. Andre Silva will likely have some resale value in the premier league and I can see us getting 35 or even 40 million for him especially if he has a good world cup. Kalinic could be sold to china, Germany or england and we could prob get 15 to 20 for him.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score
Show abumayung who the boss is! Lessgo boiz
edit: nvm, he's not gonna play.

Last edited:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Lacazette is missing 1st leg at least

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
very nice, v arsenal

King George

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Maldini, Nesta, Costacurta, Montolivo, Ambrosini, Albertini, Desailly
Rino > wenger obviously

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
was just thinking about this....

if forza italia just edges lega nord...silvio will appoint the PM...prime minister adriano galliani...silvio = ceo of milan

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
It’s fucking Arsenal. Clown ass Inter have more pedigree/history than these scrubs. No fear.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Homegroomed at AC Milan, and playing for third-tier side Bassano Virtus since 2015/16, Italian striker Michael Fabbro (21), according to latest rumours collected through TMW sources of ours, is being approached by Chievo Verona management. The 1996-born has been recently inquired about by Atalanta, Bologna, and Spezia, as well.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
On some level I think that Milan didn't buy anyone in January as a strategy by Gattuso.

Obviously there is lingering fears about Milan's finances, I don't understand what benefit someone would get by buying Milan for no reason. I'm thinking about the Islanders almost being bought by some guy who had like $2 or whatever (crazy story) but he didn't actually buy the team.

The strategy of Gattuso, I think was like: "I have all the players I need, you guys are good enough, I'm not replacing you, we're going to do this together."

You hear all the players talking about the fitness that they didn't have, and also, that Gattuso believes in them. Looking at Gattuso's comments they stand in stark contrast to Montella or Miha.

Montella's teams played well, but had no backbone. Every game was one of those: "we played better, but we lost." That happens, but it was happening every game. Every game was a "moral victory."

Miha just trashed everyone.

Gattuso puts the pressure on himself. He doesn't trash players. He gives them confidence in themselves, he gives them purpose, he's showing them that if they fight they can win.

Or maybe it was really just that we're owned by bankrupt frauds and everything sucks? I hope not, but I get this sense that Gattuso didn't want any other players and that it was a strategy, because I think what Gattuso has done is change the mentality of the players. That is something I think many of us expected and it was important.

What I didn't expect was that Gattuso also seems to be tactically astute, looking at how Milan has an actual plan in games now is in stark contrast to what we were doing under Montella. Against Samp we knew what their weaknesses were and we exploited it.

Arsenal? Man. I hate that team. I hate their fans. I hate that they think we're anywhere close to the same level. They've never won anything in Europe. They haven't won a League Title since 2004.

The worst thing I've read on this thread though? Seeing that throw-back of the Sheva vs Pippo thread. Man, this team used to be stacked with the best in the World. I hope this team is the start of that return.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The strategy of Gattuso, I think was like: "I have all the players I need, you guys are good enough, I'm not replacing you, we're going to do this together."

Gattuso puts the pressure on himself. He doesn't trash players. He gives them confidence in themselves, he gives them purpose, he's showing them that if they fight they can win.

What I didn't expect was that Gattuso also seems to be tactically astute, looking at how Milan has an actual plan in games now is in stark contrast to what we were doing under Montella. Against Samp we knew what their weaknesses were and we exploited it.

All 3 of these points is why I love Gattuso and shows the difference in character + tactical mind between him and guys like Mihajlovic and Seedorf.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Gattuso seems to be very knowledgeable about every opponent, he was calling out players names to watch for against Ludogorets for example, and he's shown that he can make tactical changes mid game to shift the game in his favor (against Lazio, he had to slow down their wing after they tied the game)

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“I’m sorry for Arsenal, who I’m sure would have liked to have continued in Europe,” said Mirabelli.

“It would have been a nice final, but I’m happy. It’s best to face a big club like Arsenal now. We needed opponents like these.”

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
“The whole team played well, we can see that it’s a great group and a compact team. After such a difficult start we didn’t expect to be like that now. We are physically good, and we are winning, we must take advantage of this opportunity. We are on the right track and we must continue like this. - Zapata

The next EL opponents? We focus on every game, for us they’re equal. - Big $$

“I never really felt like I wasn’t part of the group, my teammates, who I’ve known for a long time, have never made me feel that way, neither have the staff. This is something very positive that allows me to give my all always in every training session.

“Gattuso? I like this type of people who tell you things in the face. Roma? We must win.”
- J.Mauri

Gattuso has done wonders with team chemistry. Even players that don't play are happy.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly, no other coach would have been able to transmit this spirit.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
A real man. That's what our Rino is.

Status
Not open for further replies.