Week 15: Milan - Torino 09/12/2018 20:30 CET

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Thought I’d open my first matchday thread considering no one else has opened one yet and the game is only a couple of days away now.

Torino are currently 6th in the league and in their last 6 games they have won 2, drawn 3 and lost just the 1 game. So definitely no easy beats and fully deserving in their position on the table.

Milan have won 4 out of our last 6 games while drawing to Lazio and losing to Juventus along the way. Despite our recent injury crisis we seem to be plodding along for the moment, hopefully we can keep it up and get 3 points away from home here. Building momentum into the new year could be absolutely vital for our CL aspirations.

Higuain has recovered from the back problems he had been suffering from in recent days and will be available to start vs Torino on Sunday. [Mediaset]

Daniele Orsato will officiate Milan-Torino on Sunday

I’m expecting us to line up as

4-4-2
Donnarumma, Calabria, Abate, Zapata, Rodriguez, Suso, Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu, Higuain, Cutrone

Considering Higuain is back and Cutrone has netted in his last two starts, I’m fully expecting Gattuso to revert back to a 4-4-2 formation. I believe long term we will be playing 4-3-3 but we can’t be relying on players like Mauri and Bertolacci with our current injury crisis to start Serie A games.

I’m predicting a 2-1 win for Milan, Cutrone and Suso to score the goals!

Forza Milan!

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Torino is playing tonight. We have 4 days of more trainings.

:Rino:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Dtu8b8FWwAEPZmq.jpg

Looks solid to me.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
That abate zapata CB combo, ez win

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
The nice thing about having Abate and Zapata as CB's is we can press really high and keep a high line to keep pressure on Torino, without having to worry too much about runs in behind.

We'll have to play that way anyways considering we wouldn't want Abate competing aerially against their CF's.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Thought I’d open my first matchday thread considering no one else has opened one yet and the game is only a couple of days away now.

Torino are currently 6th in the league and in their last 6 games they have won 2, drawn 3 and lost just the 1 game. So definitely no easy beats and fully deserving in their position on the table.

Milan have won 4 out of our last 6 games while drawing to Lazio and losing to Juventus along the way. Despite our recent injury crisis we seem to be plodding along for the moment, hopefully we can keep it up and get 3 points away from home here. Building momentum into the new year could be absolutely vital for our CL aspirations.

Higuain has recovered from the back problems he had been suffering from in recent days and will be available to start vs Torino on Sunday. [Mediaset]

Daniele Orsato will officiate Milan-Torino on Sunday

I’m expecting us to line up as

4-4-2
Donnarumma, Calabria, Abate, Zapata, Rodriguez, Suso, Kessie, Bakayoko, Calhanoglu, Higuain, Cutrone

Considering Higuain is back and Cutrone has netted in his last two starts, I’m fully expecting Gattuso to revert back to a 4-4-2 formation. I believe long term we will be playing 4-3-3 but we can’t be relying on players like Mauri and Bertolacci with our current injury crisis to start Serie A games.

I’m predicting a 2-1 win for Milan, Cutrone and Suso to score the goals!

Forza Milan!

:thumbsup:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
@ Donato great post man but the match is at home not away :D

San siro win plz

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
@ Donato great post man but the match is at home not away :D

San siro win plz

Shit my bad, it’s was past mid night where I am when I created the thread, knew I’d stuff something up haha

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Abate in the air vs their strikers isn't a good look but we don't really have a choice. We can also play a high line because their strikers are not that fast (Falque is a bit but not much and Zaza and Belotti are not fast)

Milan for the win to keep our ladder climbing going

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Torino has not lost in 9 away matches. This game it’s a tricky fixture. I hope we end up being the victor in this encounter.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A draw wont be an awful result

Obviously wanting a win though

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
this match has a 2 2 result written all over

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
no game is easy for milan, hopefully we get the 3 points

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Kessie and Baka can take Baselli and rincon completely out of the game

my worry is abate at CB and Torino's back 3 is strong

We need suso and hakan to play confidently and without fear

I want to see hakan take on players 1v1 no 90% back passes and 10% switch crosses

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
this match has a 2 2 result written all over

I think it's gonna be 3-0 or maybe 3-1, coz clean sheets are not exactly our specialty.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
This is going to be a feast, expect more greatness from the best striker prospect in the world - Patrick Cutrone.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo

Reading Zaza's name gives me the shivers. To think that if Li-Fassone-Mirabelli were still in charge we may have seen Zaza upfront for us. That was a close call.

As for the match, we are at home and despite having a lot of injured players still out we have a rather settled team and some consistency in personnel which hopefully will help us.

We also have Castillejo, Laxalt and hopefully Conti to come off from the bench to give us some pace and width if necessary.

We need to solidify fourth place and try to dislodge Inter for third so I hope the Mister has the boys all fired up.

I am going to go for 3-2 to us. Cutrone, Higuain and Suso to score. Would be nice if it wasn't a struggle every week and we get a comfortable win, but I guess it makes it thrilling, and hopefully helps build mental fortitude in our young team. Forza Milan!

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's time for Higuain to step up his game now and show his real worth. Expect so much more from him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Let's close the gap to Inter by 1 point, FORZA MILAN!

Schedule