What book are you reading now? (books)

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
crazymilangirl said:
Damn, you've read all the books i want to read.

Well mate, i LOVE paulo coelho and his books..they are all awesome and has like a message behind the stories he tells. I think his books can help whoever is open minded and understands the messages..lol

well i think you should read the zahir, it is 300+ pages but imo its worth it. Its actually 3 or 4 stories connected to one big story which is a man looking for his wife...doesnt know is she is kidnapped, if she left him after 10 years of marriage or if he has been ignorant and didnt listen when she told him she'd leave..or if she is dead since she was a war correspondent..

read it, but i dont know what other poeple would think of it, especially since you dont know what to think of paulo coelho..give it a chance though

have you read the alchemist? it comes after "a pilgrimage" (i think) and in "the zahir" he keeps mentioning his other books..the main character in "the zahir" is actually himself..he says a writer can only write about his own life..so just a warning: the alchemist, the pilgrimage and his other books are mentioned in "the zahir" but overall..its a good book and i cant remember last time i read a book i liked this much

farouk: fanx mate, i was the only one wondering LOL sounded like a teenage book...i never liked those but if i ever see it, i might give it a chancec

well I think I do like his writing style, or at least the topics he covers.
Yeah in Veronika decides to die, he mentions himself in 2 short scenes, and I noticed, that this book is heavily autobiographied, what I mean is, he takes some of his life experiences and writes about it, for example, he was sent to a psycho clinic too, and all...

No I only read Veronica decides to die, and 11 Minutes from Coelho.

I like reading long books, so I think I'll get The Zahir and The Alchimist ^^

thanks for the recommendation.

//edit:
I read your other post about coelho in this thread, and
in veronica decides to die, it's the simple question "what is crazy? what does it mean?"

I dont remember the "question" in 11 minutes, but I thinki it was about "what is freedom" too.

Last edited:

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
thismisery said:
//edit:
I read your other post about coelho in this thread, and
in veronica decides to die, it's the simple question "what is crazy? what does it mean?"

I dont remember the "question" in 11 minutes, but I thinki it was about "what is freedom" too.
great that you guna get them, mate ;)

yea, i like these question that nobody really has an answer to, and he always takes on topics that concerns everyone on this earth...so like, you kinda make your own answers to these questions..

i like the "what is crazy" a kewl author really...

you know, i was reading this book in class and my norwegian teacher goes.."it looks like you really love to read, can you recommend any books for the whole class to read?"
and i went: "um..i dont really like to read but this book is rather interesting and abt recommending, i think ill wait 'till i finish this book"

LOL as if everyone in the class would "thank" me if i recommend "the zahir"...300+ pages,,,the people would freak out! especially the blondes xD
i dont mind the books length as long as its interesting...

OMG i swear "lies of silence" was sooo goddamn boring!

mocha N eco

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Totti, Kaka, Essien, Gattuso, Zidane, De Rossi, Pippo, Drogba, Buffon, Cesc
Reading good old P.G.Wodehouse right now. 'French Leave'. A laugh riot as usual.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
A Doll's House, by Henrik Ibsen... Gets pretty crazy at the end, what with the lady running away and all that... Otherwise an interesting short book...

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
Umberto Eco-La nome della rosa (The name of the rose)...for 2nd time :) great book,but kinda difficult to read

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
MilanoMike said:
A Doll's House, by Henrik Ibsen... Gets pretty crazy at the end, what with the lady running away and all that... Otherwise an interesting short book...
God, i cant remember how many times ive been forced to read this at school. We also once made a play where i had to play the wife LOL.

Anyway, that book is also pretty interesting and inspires people to think outside the box. Because at the time it was written & published as a play, it did create alot of "chaos". It was in the 1900s and women werent allowed to leave their house & kids behind etc. So some countries denied to set up the play or sell it unless Henrik Ibsen changed the end. At that time, Germany was one of the bigger "customers" so when they refused to set it up or sell it, Henrik Ibsens changed the end of it.

Guys, i already read 11 minuts and veronica decides to die. Ill have to admit, i was really disappointed when reading "Veronika decides to die"...It was the usual coelho book with all the ingredients thats supposed to make it good. But i think it was a complete different book from when it began and to the end. I saw the end coming so it wasnt shocking either. Id rate it 3 out of 5. But " 11minutes" is really good..he gets the love story and the girls' story right so id rate this one 4/5 just because i felt that it was a little too many details at the end. Sometimes too much gets disgusting if you know what i mean ;) lol

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As for me.. i read a lot of books , and i like it.
My favourite book is " His bright light " The life of Nick Traina , writed by Danielle Steel.
I also have readed Accident, The kiss and Five days in Paris, all from Danielle Steel.
As i read manny books , i also readed Da Vinci Code from Dan Brown , and some Albanian Books.

Last edited:

Maldini

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
Little Red Riding Hood.....its a freaking interesting book man, i totally reakon everyone should give it a go.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i just read TEANDEI BABY vol.2
this one absolutely killing me.. i can't stop laughing :D

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Just start reading "Dead Man Walking" yesterday. Loved the film and finally got my hands on the book. Found it on some second hand store.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA', Van Persie, Fabregas, Wallcot, Gourcuff, Simic, X. Alonso...
I'm reading Ana Karenjina by Tolstoj and it's horrible. Boring... and there are 600 pages left to read... OMG!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
George Orwell - 1984

such a perfect book

Alf

Reaction score
Dexter in the Dark - Jeff Buckley
The book who inspired the famous serie.

If you like the serie, I advice you to read it, it's the same guys (Dexter, his sister, Rita etc..) but not the same story.

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
My silent war-Kim Filby (true spy events)

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
I hear that Twilight by Stephanie Meyer is an amazing book.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
catch 22
i love yossarian :D

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"All Of These People" by Fergal Keane

Famous Irish journalist's autobiography - an incredible book.

"Pitch Invasion - Adidas, Puma and the making of modern sport" by Barbara Smit.

As the title suggests, the story of the Dassler brothers, their companies and their legacy.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Glad that someone digged up this thread.

I'm reading the 'World is Flat' by Robert Friedman. My boss lent me this book and it was fantastic. Based on this book, for all of you living in India and China : you will probably rule this world in the next 10-15 years :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
MAM thats my companies quote (infosys)
who cares i am quitting it for higher studies :D

after seeing my habits my mom gave me monk who sold his ferrari :(

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
FAllen Angels by Walter Dean Myers! Still in the 6th page:D...I was reading it at 3:00 Am!

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
not much of a reader but trying to become one, I read 1984 by orwell and I find it to be a masterpiece and I find it hard to believe that there can be a book that is better than that, Im currently reading Fahrenheit 451 ray bradbury and its not as exciting but quite similar in the message and the presentation but with much less details. If anyone else can suggest a book thats as interesting as 1984 then please do i would truly appreciate it

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jivara said:
not much of a reader but trying to become one, I read 1984 by orwell and I find it to be a masterpiece and I find it hard to believe that there can be a book that is better than that, Im currently reading Fahrenheit 451 ray bradbury and its not as exciting but quite similar in the message and the presentation but with much less details. If anyone else can suggest a book thats as interesting as 1984 then please do i would truly appreciate it

"Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. Fairly similar sort of thing and a good read.

Also, as a general recommendation, everyone should read "The Good Soldier Svejk" by Jaroslav Hasek - absolute genius.

I'm also re-reading parts of "Ajax Barcelona Cruyff : The ABC of an Obstinate Master", which is a collection of transcripts of interviews between Cruyff and the Dutch journalists Frits Barend & Henk van Dorp, spanning his career as a player and later as a coach. I defy anyone not to love Johan Cruyff after reading this book.

Oh oh oh and if anyone's interested in Russian fitba, "Football Dynamo : Modern Russia and the People's Game" by Marc Bennetts is very informative and insightful.

Yes, I am a massive geek who lives on books.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Salvador Dali - Diary of a Genius

Definetly interesting.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
i have started ROOTS by Alex Haley
my uncle recommended it and said its a gr8 book

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
I hate reading can barely write as it is haahhaha :D

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Calum1903 said:
"Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. Fairly similar sort of thing and a good read.

Also, as a general recommendation, everyone should read "The Good Soldier Svejk" by Jaroslav Hasek - absolute genius.

I'm also re-reading parts of "Ajax Barcelona Cruyff : The ABC of an Obstinate Master", which is a collection of transcripts of interviews between Cruyff and the Dutch journalists Frits Barend & Henk van Dorp, spanning his career as a player and later as a coach. I defy anyone not to love Johan Cruyff after reading this book.

Oh oh oh and if anyone's interested in Russian fitba, "Football Dynamo : Modern Russia and the People's Game" by Marc Bennetts is very informative and insightful.

Yes, I am a massive geek who lives on books.
grazie, i will look into them for sure.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ROOTS was awesome a story of Slave trade and evolution of african american awesome book brought tears :(
:star: classic

going to read "its not about the bike" Lance armstrong

"and straight from the gut" jack welsh

anybody know a book
story ofa prisoner who escapes floating in the water and he keeps money inside his ass while at prison .....

title has meaning of wind in french(not sure though) starts with p
its a good book if anybody can help me pleaseeeeeeeeeee to find the name.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Currently reading "Perfect Storm". The one that made into a movie starring George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg.

I don't know why but I'm currently into books that are made into movies. I have Gangs of New York and The Right Stuff waiting after I finish Perfect Storm not to mention other books read in the past such as Godfather, Interview with the Vampire, Apollo 13, Goodfellas and High Fidelity.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
nice book perfect storm i read in 5 hours LOL has to give gist of it in one month but went home and had a blast but that english prof almost screwed in my school days. its nice book courage of helpless swimmers and rescuer against mighty nature

hey how is High Fidelity?.i have it but never tend to read it