Ex-Milan Players - What are they up to now?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
milanissimo said:
he has ended his career last year `cause of a lot of injuries, he is only 29 :head:
Comandini scored only two goals in his career for Milan and both in Derby :)
I believe he scored in Champions league as well.

Source

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
And Helveg and Ray wilkins?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
ZD_Banana said:
And Helveg and Ray wilkins?
Didn't he come over with Bierhoff? From Udinese? Good defender, fit in well with Billy and Il Capitano... Until Rino and Ambro came a long that is...

helveg2.jpg

Last edited:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
MilanoMike said:
Didn't he come over with Bierhoff? From Udinese? Good defender, fit in well with Billy and Il Capitano... Until Rino and Ambro came a long that is...

helveg2.jpg
I like Helveg. Coming from Udinese with Bierhoff and Zaccheroni, his right wing position (a-la Donadoni) basically completed the 3-4-1-2 formation that the coach adopted (which became even more complete after the arrival of Andres Guly). His cross was a constant thread which was very useful considering we had Bierhoff in attack.

I guess he was traded to Inter but Milan could still use him in season 02/03 or 03/04 then he moved to EPL or Bundesliga.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
ZD_Banana said:
What bout Joe Jordan?

ZD_Banana said:
....And Ray wilkins?
These English contingent (along with Mark Hateley) never really met their expectation in Milan. Although some of them are quite estabslihed players in their country but (Ray Wilkins was member of the Mexico 86 squad and ManU player before Milan - if memory serves me right) but in the mid-early 80s, going to Milan was considered by many as a step down :D

Mark Hateley's claim of fame amongst Milanisti was when he scrored 2 goals in the Derby in season (if not mistaken) 84/85. And BTW, I had a signed picture of him :)

Last edited:

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Hey gaizka, remember Boban? Shame we let him go right before he retired...:head:
We would've given him a fitting retirement party. He did pretty good for Croatia in WC 98 (they got 3rd place I think).
boban10.jpg

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanoMike said:
Hey gaizka, remember Boban? Shame we let him go right before he retired...:head:
We would've given him a fitting retirement party. He did pretty good for Croatia in WC 98 (they got 3rd place I think).
boban10.jpg
Of course I remember Boban :proud:. Zorro was one of my favorite Milan player of all time. He's such a loyal servant to Milan cause. When I was still playing regularly, I was actually called Boban by my friends :D.

Where did we release him? (too lazy to check wiki) Celta Vigo? Then he had a fall out with the club. Although Milan didn't give him a testimonial match, there was one match arranged in Zagreb sometime in season 02-03 and many former players came to play like Rossi, Savicevic, Massaro, Albertini, Desailly, Lentini, Rijkaard, Van Basten, Eranio, Baresi and Tasotti. Even Maldini and Costacurta showed up. Will try to post a pic.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
MilanoMike said:
boban10.jpg
:proud:
Zvonimir "Zorro" Boban.

Helena

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta etc.
Where is Thomas Helveg now?? Is he still playing football?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
This thread gives me an idea to start a new one close in topic to this one... I won't give the details now but the mods can merge if they want to...

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Cosmin Contra is currently a starter in Getafe & is the captain of the Romanian national team.

Helveg is currently 35 years old and plays at the Danish club Odense Boldklub.

Vikash Dhorasoo currently has no club after he was sacked by PSG. :D and some people preferred him over Seedorf!

JDT currently plays for Villareal on loan from Stuttgart. Reports say that he'll either sign for Villareal or join an Italian mid table team.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
teis said:
I wonder what's Ibrahim Ba doing these days :D

Probably still in shock over what happened :rolleyes:

dee_pee

Beginner
Reaction score
where are lentini,borgonovo,desailly,evani??

could anybody tell me where are those players?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dee_pee said:
could anybody tell me where are those players? Lentini, Borgonovo, Evani, Desailly
Lentini : i guess he retired some 3-4 years ago and if not mistaken is now an agent. The last time we heard from him was when Torino was promoted to Serie A sometime in the beginning of the decade.

Desailly : there's a thread somewhere saying that he became an informal scout for Milan in Africa.

Borgonovo : WOW man! This goes back loooong way. I have no idea of his whereabout since I don't think he played that regular during the time he was in the team (late 80s and early 90s). So basically he was off the radar.

Evani : another one whose activities after Milan is unknown. I guess he got swept away under the Capello revolution. He was still in the squad during the 91-92 season, though.

Interestingly, both Borgonovo and Evani played a crucial part in Milan winning the 90 Champions Cup. They both scored goals in the semifinal ties vs Bayern Muenchen. Borgonovo scored the crucial away goal in the 2-1 loss and Evani scored with a freekick in the 1-0 return at San Siro.

Evani also scored the only goal (again with a free kick after MvBasten was brought down) at the 1989 Inter Continental Cup vs Nacional Medelin in Tokyo that Milan won 1-0. The goal was literaly seconds before the extra time is finished (I remember Sacchi ran to the field, still wearing his black long coat and Yoko Ono style glasses). You never know the outcome of the penalty shootout, especially when Renee Hiquita is the goal keeper :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

dee_pee

Beginner
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
Lentini : i guess he retired some 3-4 years ago and if not mistaken is now an agent. The last time we heard from him was when Torino was promoted to Serie A sometime in the beginning of the decade.

Desailly : there's a thread somewhere saying that he became an informal scout for Milan in Africa.

Borgonovo : WOW man! This goes back loooong way. I have no idea of his whereabout since I don't think he played that regular during the time he was in the team (late 80s and early 90s). So basically he was off the radar.

Evani : another one whose activities after Milan is unknown. I guess he got swept away under the Capello revolution. He was still in the squad during the 91-92 season, though.

Interestingly, both Borgonovo and Evani played a crucial part in Milan winning the 90 Champions Cup. They both scored goals in the semifinal ties vs Bayern Muenchen. Borgonovo scored the crucial away goal in the 2-1 loss and Evani scored with a freekick in the 1-0 return at San Siro.

Evani also scored the only goal (again with a free kick after MvBasten was brought down) at the 1989 Inter Continental Cup vs Nacional Medelin in Tokyo that Milan won 1-0. The goal was literaly seconds before the extra time is finished (I remember Sacchi ran to the field, still wearing his black long coat and Yoko Ono style glasses). You never know the outcome of the penalty shootout, especially when Renee Hiquita is the goal keeper :D
tq 4 d information...i wanna ask..(again)..bout andre cruz...steinar nielsen (if am not mistaken)...dario smoje....

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
dee_pee said:
tq 4 d information...i wanna ask..(again)..bout andre cruz...steinar nielsen (if am not mistaken)...dario smoje....
Smoje's playing in Belgium for AA Gent

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
Did smomebody know where is Marco Somione?

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
albion tifo said:
did you mean Simone?
If so he works in Milan now i don`t know exactly what job he does

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
milanissimo said:
did you mean Simone?
If so he works in Milan now i don`t know exactly what job he does
Thank u milanissmo, I mean Simone thats correct, see u in our topic.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
albion tifo said:
When did Simone left Milan to PSG? I can only think it was in the years when Milan season went bad (96/97 and 97/98). He returned in 01/02 (if not mistaken) during the January transfer window (Sheva and Pippo were both injured) but he didn't make much impact, no blame attached to him since the team was so weak and finished 6th in the table.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dee_pee said:
I honestly don't know that we have a player names steinar nielsen. Naybody can help me to shine some light?

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From the post about Boban
gaizka22 said:
Although Milan didn't give him a testimonial match, there was one match arranged in Zagreb sometime in season 02-03 and many former players came to play like Rossi, Savicevic, Massaro, Albertini, Desailly, Lentini, Rijkaard, Van Basten, Eranio, Baresi and Tasotti. Even Maldini and Costacurta showed up. Will try to post a pic.

Welll here it is :)
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/gaizka22/DreamTeam2.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/gaizka22/DreamTeam.jpg

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Andriy Shevchenko, anyone?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Faяouk said:
Andriy Shevchenko, anyone?
In Miami with Maldini, Nesta and someone else if I'm not mistaken.

Edi

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,
albion tifo said:
I think he is a coach now in some Seria C team or even lower but I am not sure...

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
albion tifo said:

Marco Simeone is a coach in Argentina or somewhere in south america last tim I heard of him. not in serie C.