Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
give Abbondanzieri a break for at least this tournament.

I'll admit that I havent seen much of him, mainly just when River plays Boca, and that he did do well against Peru. But he still has to earn my respect.

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
Peru 0-1 Argentina
Goalscorers, Argentina: Carlos Tévez - 60'

Peru starting-eleven :

1 Oscar Ibañez
2 Santiago Acasiete
3 Miguel Rebosio
4 Jorge Soto
6 Walter Ricardo Vílchez
15 Guillermo Salas
7 Nolberto Solano
8 Juan Jayo
10 Roberto Palacios
20 Carlos Zegarra
16 Andrés Mendoza

Argentina starting-eleven:

1 Roberto Abbondanzieri
2 Roberto Fabián Ayala
3 Juan Pablo Sorín
6 Gabriel Ivan Heinze
8 Javier Aldemar Zanetti
22 Fabricio Coloccini
10 Andrés Nicolás D'Alessandro
16 Luis González
18 Kily González
9 Luciano Gabriel Figueroa
19 César Fabián Delgado

Argentina Ousts Hosts Peru

Carlos Tevez made his first significant impact at a major international tournament, as scored a hi-lite reel free kick in the 61st minute to send Argentina into the semifinals of the Copa America with a 1-0 win over hosts Peru on Saturday.
The Boca Juniors star bent a sweetly struck free-kick inside the left corner of the net and well beyond the reach of goalkeeper Oscar Ibanez. Amazingly enough, Tevez scored just three minutes after he coming off the bench.

Peru nearly scored from a free kick of their own four minutes later, but Nolberto Solano’s attempt hit the crossbar.

Argentina was the first team to advance to the tournament’s semi-finals, and will now meet Colombia.

Roberto Ayala will not play in the next round because he was sent off in the 82nd minute.

Nontheless, the 10-man Argentina side beat Peru for the 11th time in 16 Copa America matches.

source:www. goal.com

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
Colombia 2-0 Costa Rica

Goalscorers Colombia: Abel Aguilar 40', Tresor Moreno(pen) 45+

Colombia starting-eleven:

1 Juan Carlos Henao Goalkeeper
5 Andrés Felipe Orozco Defender
20 Gustavo Victoria Defender
21 Hayder Guillermo Palacio Defender
2 Andrés Felipe González Midfielder
6 Oscar Díaz Asprilla Midfielder
17 Jairo Patiño Midfielder
18 Abel Enrique Aguilar Midfielder
7 Tressor Malher Moreno Forward
9 Sergio Darío Herrera Forward
11 Elkin Murillo Amor Forward

Costa Rica starting-eleven:

22 Ricardo González Fonseca Goalkeeper
3 Luis Antonio Marín Defender
4 Alexander Castro Defender
12 Leonardo González Defender
19 Mauricio Wright Defender
7 Alonso Solís Midfielder
13 Carlos Hernández Midfielder
14 Cristian Badilla Midfielder
17 Steven Bryce Valerio Midfielder
20 Duglas Sequeira Midfielder
21 Andy Herrón Forward

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Copa America should be played with much more seriousness like EURO and it should be played every 4 years not every 2 years.

FORZA BRAZIL !!

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
sorry crazy4milan but i am so glad that costa rica lost to columbia. now i can continue having a happy life. im starting to like this copa america now.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
kenichy wrote:

sorry crazy4milan but i am so glad that costa rica lost to columbia. now i can continue having a happy life. im starting to like this copa america now.

Don't worry ;) , we didn't play well, and the players did more than what I expected since we just started with a new coach a week before Copa America. Besides, Colombia is an amazing team, I'm sad they started with thee wrong foot on World Cup qualifiers, but I hope they get back on the road.

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Brazil:Mexico 4-0

Adriano is the new king. Ronaldo beware. We will have a headache with the boy, he is INCREDIBLE. Shame he is not in Milan.

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
newyorker said:
Brazil:Mexico 4-0

Adriano is the new king. Ronaldo beware. We will have a headache with the boy, he is INCREDIBLE. Shame he is not in Milan.
He is at Milan but not on the right side :(

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I saw the match. In fact, this guy ADRIANO is playing definitely on the wrong side of MILAN. He is playing freely in this tournament and many a times he is shooting the ball from outside the penalty box.

And even the last goal was actually caused because he did run to the ball with ultimate vigor and back hilled the ball for this team mate to push the ball in open net.

See, the environment of INTER is so messed up that a great player like him can't play his game at INTER.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
do you guys remember when adriano said he wanted to play for ac milan? i was so happy :D ...but i guess moratti threatened him or something into staying with inter...there is still hope, though.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You reckon that Dario Silva will have trouble sleeping for a while? How could he missed that? :eek:

Still can't believe it went straight to PKs. Stupid rules. :o

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Argentina's 3-0 domination over Colombia and Brasil's shootout win over Uruguay promised an Argentina x Brasil final.Personally i wanted this final match-up."World Champions x Former World champions."We will see a thriller on Sunday night/early morning(local time here)

I'll of course like Argentina to win this time and make it 15th Copa America title win.

Forza Argentina :devil2:

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I really wanted the final to be Argentina - Uruguay......but oh well, I guess we can't always get what we want.....it's gonna be a good match, and hopefully Argentina will take home another title.

argentina_colombia4.jpg

Aguante Argentina!!!

Reaction score
hopefully Saviola's leg will have stopped bothering him by sunday.

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
toli said:
hopefully Saviola's leg will have stopped bothering him by sunday.

Hopefully, but I think it's unlikely that Saviola will be ready to play 90 minutes on Sunday, we'll see......

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Ronaldo, R. Carlos, J. César, Maldini
Braziiiiiil :uzikill: Argentina

:jump: :dance: We are the campions :dance: :jump:

150800-6386-ga.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
i really wanted argentina to win. it is terrible how they let those two goals. i knew that brazil could tie at any time and in any way with adriano and fabiano on the pitch. both did not show their best game. tevez missed a great chance but played really well. it is very pitifull that argetina lost at penalties. abondanzieri should of done a better job. he practically gave the penalties away. increideble that bielsa did not choose to start with killy kicking the first penalty. in the end brazil deserved the cup as much as argentina did. i think that bielsa is on his way out but i do not know, grondona really likes him and it would not be a surprise if he got another chance. if bielsa goes, then maybe bianchi should step out of retiriment, he deserves it.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Congrats Brasil for 7th copa win.

IMO,Argentina played better football throughout the competition and final was no exception.At the dying moments of both halfs they were robbed by Brasil.I think it was a great game to watch.

Have Fifa changed the rule of extra time or what.Cup final decided on shootout where no extra time was played.If its the new rule imo the governing body should seriously rethink about it.

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The rule in COPA does not allow for extra times.

Argeentina played better, and I think desrved to win more.

COngratulations to the Selecao.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Nothing to say except that Brazil were so dang extremely lucky yesterday, with two equalizers on the very last minutes, I hate that kind of wins :rolleyes:
It's worthy of notice though that the first two Argentinians in the shootout seemed like they're taking penalties for the first time in their lives, whereas their keeper was too busy bouncing in his place that he forgot to jump most of the time :tongue:

Another International tournament, whaaaaaatever :o

sheva7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yep, they was lucky, i wished Argentina 2 win but the didn't :cry: .
I remember Juventus when i C games like this. :mad:

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
It's true that the Argentineans played better, but the Seleção Brasileira deserved the victory more than them.
Facts:
- Our team was a young team with low experience;
- This new squad haven't time enough to get the perfect adjustment;
- This team had few trainings together;
- Haven't any adaption game, as friendly or any kind of match;
- This tournament was their first together, the premier was their first match;
- The biggest "stars" were not included;
- and goes on...
I'm very proud of them. They proved that Brazil NT has two main squads. Brazil "B" is equal to Brazil "A".
The Argentineans were too self-assured of the victory, they are too presumptuous and self-righteous.
Bielsa said: "We have no fear of you(...)You, who are 5-time wolrd champions, who has the animal Adriano, who scored two penalties, who was luky against Uruguay... You, Brazil, this sunday I wanna see you". Well buddy, you better have fear of us.
portada1.jpg

When Argentina scored the 2nd goal at 87min, they were convinced they would be the champions.
07329253352900.jpg

They provoked us, affronting with dribblings and instigating us with tricks. But at 92 Adriano "the animal" (as "El loco" said) scored an incredble goal with the class and the skill of a soccer "gentleman". The only thing that look bad on him is Inter. :D
040725selecao_f_031.jpg

And we won, with our humbleness, knowing that Argentina were the probable winners. Our amazing "shooters" and wonderful goalkeeper made us winners. We are one more step above them.
a_brasilcolor_h.jpg

A victory against argentina has a very sweet taste.
07329253365600.jpg

Wonderful to see them watching the Brazil NT celebrations from the field, under the obligation from the committee. Bielsa taking the silver medal off his neck, tucking it away inside his pocket. He was notably ashamed.
Thanks for all those who supported Brazil. Brazil loves you mates. ;)
And for those who suported Argentina, sorry :cry:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Andressa M (Bra) said:
Facts:

Plenty of unfamilier names on both sides.Argentina were missing some big stars too,don't forget it.

Andressa M (Bra) said:
Bielsa taking the silver medal off his neck, tucking it away inside his pocket. He was notably ashamed

Ashamed? I think he was heart broken and its natural.:rolleyes: :tongue:

Andressa M (Bra) said:

You don't need to be sorry for anyone who supported Argentina or whomever neither its your business.

Congrats on your team's win anyway. ;)

Argentina was better team.They played better football throughout the competition and particularly in the final.They don't deserve to be bashed IMHO.

I am not Argentine nor Brasilian national but believe me Argentina were best team in the copa and they desrved it more than Brasil.

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
Andressa M (Bra) said:
Facts:

Plenty of unfamilier names on both sides.Argentina were missing some big stars too,don't forget it.
Hey! They had the most of the stars: Abondanzieri, Sorin, Ayala, Zanetti, Delgado, and the list goes on... The Argentinean team was great even without Veron and Crespo, the bigest ones out.
Our "stars" was almost all of them out: Kaká, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Dida, R. Carlos, Cafú, Zé Roberto, Lucio, Roque Junior... Ahn?!

milan_my_love said:
Andressa M (Bra) said:
Bielsa taking the silver medal off his neck, tucking it away inside his pocket. He was notably ashamed

Ashamed? I think he was heart broken and its natural.:rolleyes: :tongue:
Oh! :head: Poor Bielsa! :cry: Bielsa himself said it would be a shame, to loose against Brazil "supplent" team.

milan_my_love said:
Andressa M (Bra) said:

You don't need to be sorry for anyone who supported Argentina or whomever neither its your business.

Congrats on your team's win anyway. ;)
Yah!yah!

milan_my_love said:
Argentina was better team.They played better football throughout the competition and particularly in the final.They don't deserve to be bashed IMHO.

I am not Argentine nor Brasilian national but believe me Argentina were best team in the copa and they desrved it more than Brasil.
Well have shown my reasons why Brazil deserved to win.
Andressa M (Bra) said:
It's true that the Argentineans played better, but the Seleção Brasileira deserved the victory more than them.
Facts:
- Our team was a young team with low experience;
- This new squad haven't time enough to get the perfect adjustment;
- This team had few trainings together;
- Haven't any adaption game, as friendly or any kind of match;
- This tournament was their first together, the premier was their first match;
- and goes on...
I'm very proud of them. They proved that Brazil NT has two main squads. Brazil "B" is equal to Brazil "A".

Concluding, Argentina really did an amazing job, they were great. Argentina Nt is a great team to watch. The Brazil vs. Argentina matches are my favourites. But my boys played with their hearts, with passion, not with angriness. And as here in Brazil we often use to say, Futebol é uma caixinha de supresas. Translating litterally= Soccer is a little box of suprises

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I say Brazil is the Boca Juniors of national teams, luck is definitely always on their side (= tienen un culo barbaro!!!) ..... despite of what some of us might think, or what team we might believe should have won this final game and Copa America, the reality of it is that Brazil won.....it's upsetting, especially to lose this way, on pk's......but oh well, that's football, it's not always logical and not always the best team wins.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Andressa M (Bra) said:
Concluding, Argentina really did an amazing job, they were great. Argentina Nt is a great team to watch. The Brazil vs. Argentina matches are my favourites.

Thats more like it.I too love this South American derby.Always thrilling and exciting.

Good luck to you in WC qualifiers. ;)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Congrats to Brasil! I'm sad ,though for Argentina.

Adriano that guy is amazing...I don't think is fair to call this a b side , I totaly envy brasilians for having such a b side (Adriano, Alex, Diego, Luis Fabiano...they would be starters in almost any NT).
Anyway Argentina did play better, but lamentably football is not who plays better but who scores more.

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
(...) Good luck to you in WC qualifiers. ;)
Thanx,
I really apreciate your support, actually Brazil does.
IMO the champion should not have to play the qualif. tournament, the right system is the automatic qualification.
But anyway, I'm sure we're gonna make it, I'd like Argentina to do it too. The strained circumstances get us stronger and make the victory most valueable.
;)