Juraj Kucka Thread

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Positive considering the price. 4m is a bargain. This means some midfielder will go.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
:fp::lol::lol:
We'll we got the new Viera a couple of seasons ago so why not get the new schweinsteiger though they were/are 27+ years old. Nothing against you Panache but the new -superstar name only applies to a younger player kind of like Jose Mauri (the new Mascherano)

Kucka 28 < Bastian 31...do your math kid. :fp:

Kucka is 75-80% (some would argue 85%) there, he'll be the new Schweinsteiger in 2-3 yrs and his price will skyrocket.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You shouldn't laugh. I'm actually kind of creeped out, the resemblance is uncanny. For a second if you forget he's coming from Genoa and that he's 28, you'll realize he has Bastian's skill set. Come to think of it he has a bit of De Rossi in him too. Watch him explode this season!

PYXCrDe.gif

I like you panache, you bring joy in times when there are little joy to be found.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
You shouldn't laugh. I'm actually kind of creeped out, the resemblance is uncanny. For a second if you forget he's coming from Genoa and that he's 28, you'll realize he has Bastian's skill set. Come to think of it he has a bit of De Rossi in him too. Watch him explode this season!

He walks a bit like Makelele too.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He walks a bit like Makelele too.

How so? Makalele can not be compared to Kucka. Makalele is short and sort of limited. Makalele is closer to a Nocerino type but without the goals of course.

Reaction score
Hopefully he will surprise us all and raise his game to a decent level at Milan.

He's not the big midfield signing we all wanted but he may turn out be a very useful signing all the same.

Still intersted to see if this is the last signing of the mercato or will we get a late surprise.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
I actually think he's not that bad, but it just annoys me the genoa deals with Mr.G... He was alright against Spain if i remember correctly

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Boateng, like Nocerino had Ibra. Same thing happened there basically.

Galliani

Grand Master
Reaction score
Haha, I did have a nice laugh at what I said :lol:. Damn, could I have predicted our buys better :eek:

Seriously though, things were taken a bit out of context.
-a- at the time, Montolivo was coming from a solid year, and Flamini + Boateng was still here, so our midfield was pretty good and seemed covered.
-b- El Shaarawy, Balotelli and Pazzin were on a high note, we had three strikers that had scored more than 10 goals, and Niang also was showing a lot of promise.
-c- Our defense also seemed to click with Zapata-Mexes giving 12-13 goals since January in the Serie A games. Add to this that Constant + DeS were also rock solid that year.

-d- Honda was hyped quite a bit as a creative midfielder/winger.

So long story short, basically what I was saying was that we needed some more depth in midfield with a creative midfielder to replace Montolivo, a young B2B CM who would hopefully become better and a possible winger considering that we lacked depth there (afaik it was only Boateng + El Shaarawy + Niang that were used there).

Add to this the fact that I was still a rookie in this forum who believed more than a healthy share of the opinions that various "experts" say about our transfer targets, and you get the entire picture.

Haha aye, wasn't intended to bash you but it all turned out quite funny.

In retrospect its funny that we back then needed to have more depth in our midfield, now the only thing we have is depth, we totally lack the starting players :lol::fp:

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Finally after 5 years we have landed our man

Welcome Messiah X !!

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
:eek: Can you believe that? I would have never forgiven Galliani for letting this one slip...his promising career would have wasted away in Afghanistan. It never hurts to have a Bastian-like player on our roster.

The Afghanistan-Turkey comparison is stupid.

Maybe the Bastian one is premature.

But I do agree--he is a very good player, who can be a big surprise for us.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
can he atleast hold onto the ball for more than 2 seconds?

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He's not an amazing player, but it's funny that we finally get Kucka when we actually need a player like him the most.

I have a feeling he'll either be really good, or really bad. I don't think there's room for average.

Monsieur

2footedtackle
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Teofilo Cubillas, Jose Velasquez, Cesar Cueto
I heard he eats like diego maradona and stares like laudrup :star:

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
No he is not that bad. But clearly this signing shows that we really don't have the money that we were lead to believe. This season will be very interesting. And a top 3 finish at this point is wishful thinking.

Panache

Milan Icon
Reaction score
This season will be very interesting. And a top 3 finish at this point is wishful thinking.

That's how I felt initially. But this signing changed my mind. Now I'm convinced we can go for the Scudetto with Kucka commanding the midfield. I hope his energy and grit rubs off on the rest of the squad so we'll have10 Bastians on the field (and one Kahn hopefully).

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
Kucka is not enough if he was he would been at a big club years ago. More lateral moves!

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kucka 28 < Bastian 31...do your math kid. :fp:

Kucka is 75-80% (some would argue 85%) there, he'll be the new Schweinsteiger in 2-3 yrs and his price will skyrocket.

:fp:
Now I heard and read everything. Send me whatever you are smoking though.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Welcome Kucka.
Perhaps his signing will be good for Bertolacci, since they played together at Genoa.

adit

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
woops another fodder, i don't think he would bring any quality to our midfield

but whatever, i hope he prove me wrong

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
I want to see him play with Traore.

"Bukkake to Cuckhold"
"GOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!"

milanazkals

Basketball player
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Van Bommel, Donnarumma, Alaba, Grealish
He's not that bad of a signing. Swap him with Bona and we're more secured defensively. At least he's not gonna get bullied. Let Berto and Honda take the creative work. We need someone who will do the dirty work ala Muntari.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Finally an actual midfielder

A true two way player indeed. Will add defensive solidty and dynamism going forward. Passing is a real weak point though so deep buildup is still an issue considering our other midfielders.

Mauri looks like he has the tools to become a good two way player but is no where near ready and it seems like a loan deal would be beneficial.

I still think the squad is short of another strong midfielder who can go both ways (Witsel/Gundo type of player) and contribute to deep buildup and protect the defence.

Having two more defensive players will free Berto to focus on helping the attack and leaving the scrap work to others who can actually do it and the team won't loose balance

Ideally this makes Kucka a great option to come off the bench as backup to the big signing(hopefully), or as a third midfielder in bigger games to push Berto forward to add more solidity.

Our anchor situation is not ideal considering the form and fitness of our only anchor Montolivo, but with proper assitance from the side cm's the situation won't look as dire as now.