Bryan Cristante Thread

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Kaka, Maldini, Sheva, Cutrone, Romagnoli
He received the MVP of the match award after Italy vs Belarus U18

BAHE_xCCYAAX-Bv.jpg

He seriously should get more playingtime. Muntari is injured all the time and Ambro is over the hill. Let Ambro assist him and give him playing time in the copa and subs in the scudetto.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First Petagna MVP now Cristante.:thumbsup:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I watched the game...his passing :eek:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I'm gonna say it.

I don't like his face.

:lol:

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I'm gonna say it.

I don't like his face.

:lol:

actually his face is "getting better"...I remember him 1-2 years ago in CL...my god he was ugly

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Impressive goal. I've got high hopes for this guy :thumbsup:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
You know, he's getting enough playing time as it is. No need to burden him with more in the senior team. Let the kid grow in peace.

Three of the biggest issues to why young talents never fulfill their potential is:

1: The pressure of becoming the next X- current star play in the same position. If he gets game time in Serie A with our senior team, he'll also get much more attention from media. I think very few people can handle that.

2: Which leads me to the next point, which is the mentality of a 16-17 year old. Kids doesn't always understand that the road to being a quality player is long. Early stardom can make it difficult for them to keep their feet on the ground and continue work hard and set goals.

3: They don't have fully developed bodies yet. To much playing time / to hard training regime can break their bodies.

The way DES and SES have been integrated into the team is really good, and look at them now. Cristante, Mastour, Petagna or whoever they are have enough things on their minds right now, they're playing in primavera and national teams, if they continue like this they'll get playing time in the first team soon enough (Petagna have already gotten a couple of minutes or more), no need to hurry. Besides, they probably can't make much difference for us now anyway, we have to play the best team possible as often as possible, and when we use subs, it got to be the replacements for the first team, to give them some playing time and match form so that they can be ready if the first team players get suspended / injured.

I'm not disregarding the fact that first team playing time and experience is important for youngsters. But there's no need to hurry and they have to get the playing time under the right circumstances. How old are these kids, 16? 17? And look at our situation, are we in Barcelona mode?

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
You know, he's getting enough playing time as it is. No need to burden him with more in the senior team. Let the kid grow in peace.

Three of the biggest issues to why young talents never fulfill their potential is:

1: The pressure of becoming the next X- current star play in the same position. If he gets game time in Serie A with our senior team, he'll also get much more attention from media. I think very few people can handle that.

2: Which leads me to the next point, which is the mentality of a 16-17 year old. Kids doesn't always understand that the road to being a quality player is long. Early stardom can make it difficult for them to keep their feet on the ground and continue work hard and set goals.

3: They don't have fully developed bodies yet. To much playing time / to hard training regime can break their bodies.

The way DES and SES have been integrated into the team is really good, and look at them now. Cristante, Mastour, Petagna or whoever they are have enough things on their minds right now, they're playing in primavera and national teams, if they continue like this they'll get playing time in the first team soon enough (Petagna have already gotten a couple of minutes or more), no need to hurry. Besides, they probably can't make much difference for us now anyway, we have to play the best team possible as often as possible, and when we use subs, it got to be the replacements for the first team, to give them some playing time and match form so that they can be ready if the first team players get suspended / injured.

I'm not disregarding the fact that first team playing time and experience is important for youngsters. But there's no need to hurry and they have to get the playing time under the right circumstances. How old are these kids, 16? 17? And look at our situation, are we in Barcelona mode?

:star::star::star:

You should work for Milan. :thumbsup:

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
MB says it like it is. The abundance of logic and common sense won't bode well with management

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score

Man, you need to end these posts with :mb: for maximum effect.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
cristante never even featured for Milan this season..so it's not like they're rushing him.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
cristante never even featured for Milan this season..so it's not like they're rushing him.

:thumbsup:

... After like 15 minutes last season in CL, Chelsea were already knocking on his door. :lol:

... In pre-season he looked really good. I hope gets to feature in at least a Coppa match...

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

as it should be.

i was referring to the people who wants every young player to get playing time in the first team ASAP.

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He should play more as a sub. That's not the same as saying hey lad, you're the new Ambro, go and be our capitano and crush evry opponent midfield.

He should get some sub-time, media wont jump on him for that or atleast not more than they do now, and he can learn from Ambro now he's still here.

He's physiqually not 100% grown yet but it's enough for 15-20min playing time evry once in a while, and his physique definetly isn't much worse than Ambro's current physique.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He's physiqually not 100% grown yet but it's enough for 15-20min playing time evry once in a while, and his physique definetly isn't much worse than Ambro's current physique.

half of the barca team isn't physically grown yet :D

Rino

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Well put.:thumbsup:

I imagine its really hard for a 17 year old to keep his feet on the ground if the biggest clubs in the world are prepared to splash money on you and coaches calling you the next messy, maradona or whatever. I really wonder how mastour reacted with that video of him collective over 2mil views.

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score

Correct...you also need to judge the support system around the player and the player's background. I'm going to generalize here, so please don't call me on it. If a player is going to be motivated by getting a taste of first team action, then you give it to him [assuming he is worthy]; conversely, if a player is going to be burdened by expectations and allow them to crush him, you let him develop.

One of the most overlooked abilities of good managers is people management. Good mangers manage people...mediocre managers manage strategy. Some players have a great support system in place that helps keep a player grounded, such as SES, whereas a lot of the players who grew up poor and in a poor country don't. If a player gets 50K per week, that could be more than their family makes in 3 or 4 years, thus the pressure could be higher.

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
you guyz gonna make me doubt all kids especially mastour :o.stop it.let me enjoy the hype(you name it).so refreshening :o

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Correct...you also need to judge the support system around the player and the player's background. I'm going to generalize here, so please don't call me on it. If a player is going to be motivated by getting a taste of first team action, then you give it to him [assuming he is worthy]; conversely, if a player is going to be burdened by expectations and allow them to crush him, you let him develop.

One of the most overlooked abilities of good managers is people management. Good mangers manage people...mediocre managers manage strategy. Some players have a great support system in place that helps keep a player grounded, such as SES, whereas a lot of the players who grew up poor and in a poor country don't. If a player gets 50K per week, that could be more than their family makes in 3 or 4 years, thus the pressure could be higher.

:star::thumbsup::star:

Great post - only calling you on one part of the generalization and adding some of my own;) - You can have poor kids that have all of that great basis and can be more humble and kids that have it all being entitled.

I think alot of it comes down to the pampering elite talents get from all aspects of society whether they are rich or poor. If they dont have the support as you said then they expect it will always come easy or the rules dont apply to them and never fully put in the work.

I kind of give the "Samba boys" a pass if they go to the top like Dinho and Fenomeno - when you have achieved that much and been on top since 18-21+ then its very difficult to maintain until 33.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
He's scored again vs St. Petersburg.

Playing forward today according to @MilanNext :eek:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
I don't understand why doesn't get a chance.

Seems to me he can spare Milan some money...

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
wait, he plays centreback one game, attacking mid another and now a forward

OMG WE NEED A KEEPER

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
We may just have the new Luis Enrique on our hands.

Dont think the majority of people on here will remember his playin days tbh.

One of my favourites back in the day

Schedule