German Bundesliga Thread

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Boring match so far between Mainz 05 and HSV. Though nice shot just happened by Mainz. And earlier Trochowski with also a serious threat/shot.

Dortmund and Köln's match was way more fun. And I agree, I think Dortmund might win the league and not Mainz.

edit: now I said it was a boring match it's starting to get a bit more fun. Mainz are getting stronger. :)

Last edited:

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Nistelrooy scored 0-1 after an hour of play, the defender just falled weird and the goalkeeper made a big failure by touching the ball but not avoiding it went in. But for some reason it got cancelled. :conf: I dunno why.

Quite a boring match, hard to say who has been the better side, but HSV had the best (very few) opportunities.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tor! 89th minute. HSV are leading in Mainz. Gol by Guerrero (nice play + assist by Zé Roberto on the left).

Dortmund will take/keep 1st place this way.

edit: FT Mainz 05 0-1 Hamburger SV

Last edited:

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Dzeko assist to Grafite, Dzeko is still quality so quality :D

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Oh my GK error for Leverkusen to get one back and now a penalty for Leverkusen 2-2!

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
OMG OMG OMG :eek: Sahin has become :star: soon to be one of the best midfielders in the world :proud: and Mario Goetze :eek: :eek: pretty damn good for a 18 yr old ....DOrtmund will win it Sahin to replace pirlo (dream :proud: )

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Good old FM wonderkid.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, Germany got some nice prospects. :D

Yesterday Thomas Müller (♥) showed once again to be class with an awesome cross to Mario Gómez. Nice hattrick from Gómez; he's still a flop though. He's nothing compared to Müller. :)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
**** the referee, that was no goal!!!!!! :mad:

Gladbach were leading 0-1, now Hoffenheim are leading 2-1. :cry: And Arango got a red card: he kicked someone in the balls. :head:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
7 goals, 2 assists in 10 games for Ruud :proud:

E

Esoteric

:proud: Nuri Sahin :proud: ripping it up vs Hoff. . . . so so classy <3

he isn't looking that good today but despite that some of his passes are just awesome. So Pirlo-ish and like Pirlo he gets carried away doing them sometimes.:tongue:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
he isn't looking that good today but despite that some of his passes are just awesome. So Pirlo-ish and like Pirlo he gets carried away doing them sometimes.:tongue:

He is a hybrid ,imo, of pirlo and Fabregas. . . he is more fabregas,even his style,running ,swagger etc. . . yeah he wasn't that great. . .but he put in an awful amount of work in a 2-man midfield . . his defense is awesome for someone so attackingly inclined . . that said he was tired . . he has played every minute of every game of the season (iirc) . . Klop looks to stick to what works as 8 of the starting eleven have played non-stop . . foolish if they want to challenge for the title. . . so loving him n/h. . . btw did u catch anything of mario goetze?

E

Esoteric

He is a hybrid ,imo, of pirlo and Fabregas. . . he is more fabregas,even his style,running ,swagger etc. . . yeah he wasn't that great. . .but he put in an awful amount of work in a 2-man midfield . . his defense is awesome for someone so attackingly inclined . . that said he was tired . . he has played every minute of every game of the season (iirc) . . Klop looks to stick to what works as 8 of the starting eleven have played non-stop . . foolish if they want to challenge for the title. . . so loving him n/h. . . btw did u catch anything of mario goetze?

I think he should start more. He looks way better than Grosskreutz and Kuba and he should take the place of one of them not Bender's who should stay all the time to help Sahin in the center. Interestingly, although he's 18 I trusted him today with the ball more than anyone, he really looks capable and knows what he's doing.

I think Borussia have some very good players like Sahin and Kagawa and an awesome centreback pair, but for instance their fullbacks and their wingers are not good enough to challenge for the title. They look stupid sometimes and immature. The thing that is keeping the team intact is Hummels and Subotic pair which is making the team look so solid. Seriously, they're beasts and very young, and ofcourse Sahin is very skilled in keeping possession in the middle. I don't think though they have enough depth and quality all throughout to win the title Bayern can still catch them and even Hamburg or Leverkusen can get ahead of them.

But one thing that should be done ... Gotze ahead of either of the wingers preferably Kuba because he looks like he prefers to play on that right side.

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Yes the main issue is the depth but JK . . isn't helping with the limited rotation . . i actually think they should adopt a 4-3-1-2 barrios is isolated upfront . . evident today. . . and isn't Groskruetz(?) a natural striker? along with lewandowski . . thats a dangerous front two with nice back-up . . then they can play mario/kagawa in the hole and a three man midfield of bender,sahin,mario/hummels ,if kehl is back . . es
p in europe where the two man wont survive against the better teams

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Teutonic Tuesday: Forget The Serie A Rivalry - Bundesliga On Course To Overtake La Liga. Following its current trajectory, it won’t be long before the Bundesliga rivals La Liga and even the English Premier League...

By Clark Whitney
Oct 26, 2010 8:30:00 AM
“For me, the Bundesliga is the hardest and most balanced league in Europe” - Felix Magath, following Schalke’s draw with Eintracht Frankfurt.

When your team is in last place, it’s always a bit convenient to talk about how competitive a league is. But in the case of the above quote, there is more than just a grain of truth.

Around this time last year, Bundesliga teams in Europe were outperforming Serie A representatives to the point where discussions began of the Germans taking an extra Champions League spot from the Italians. Those speculations proved fully justified; Serie A dodged a bullet thanks to crisis-stricken Hamburg’s Europa League collapse against Fulham, and Bayern Munich’s loss to Inter in the Champions League final.

The Bundesliga’s failure proved to be nothing more than a blip, a momentary postponing of the inevitable, in order to maintain current order, Serie A teams need to make up a UEFA coefficient difference of 6.432 between now and May. To put this figure into perspective, it means that all six Bundesliga representatives would have to exit the Champions and Europa Leagues in the first knockout round, and that Serie A would need at least a couple of semi-finalists.

Based on form, the probability of either occurring is about as high as Goal.com’s Carlo Garganese admitting that the gap between Milan’s domestic and European performance is in any way indicative of Serie A’s decline. The combined probabilities of the Bundesliga failing and Serie A representatives simultaneously becoming world beaters are on the order of Goal.com’s Kris Voakes visiting the Suedtribune of Dortmund’s Westfalenstadion. In other words, approximately zero.

For now, Bundesliga fans can look on to the next rivals: La Liga. The 2010-11 coefficients show a sizeable difference that must be made up. However, in a year’s time, La Liga’s outstanding 2006-07 results will be out the window, and if current results hold, the Bundesliga will be second only to the English Premier League.

Ever since the Bundesliga showed up in Serie A’s rearview mirror, naysayers have picked their talking points: German teams haven’t won a major European trophy since 2001; only Bayern can compete in the Champions League; the Bundesliga relies on the UEFA Cup (now Europa League) success to remain in the running.

As a continuation of last season’s outstanding performance in Europe, one by one, the Bundesliga is disproving all of the once valid points listed above. Thus far, German teams have earned 16 points in Champions League play, two more than those from Italy, and four fewer than representatives of Spain. The Germans may not have quite matched their Primera rivals in performance during the group stage, but did in qualifiers: Werder Bremen beat Sampdoria in August, whereas Sevilla failed to secure a group stage berth after losing to Braga. The only hurdle that Bundesliga teams have failed to clear in recent years is that of a major final. The sceptics will hold onto this fact to the bitter end, but given the German league’s continued progress, as well as the decline of many traditional powers (particularly those in England and Italy), it is only a matter of time before a Bundesliga side wins either the Europa or Champions League.

Some say that inconsistencies in the Bundesliga table prove that there are no great German teams - only several mediocre ones. But maybe Magath is right; perhaps Germany’s top flight does indeed contain several top teams, and is simply competitive in all parts of the table. Continental results suggest as much: while Milan, for example, are stellar in Serie A but have left much to be desired in Europe, teams like Stuttgart and Schalke have proven just the opposite. Flirting with relegation domestically, each side is well positioned to advance to the knockout rounds in European play. The fact that Schalke, 16th in the Bundesliga, comfortably beat Portuguese champions Benfica is only exceeded in impression by the fact that Stuttgart, last in domestic play heading into Thursday’s match with Getafe, beat the mid-table Spanish side rather comfortably.

Bundesliga fans rejoice; your time is nigh. With UEFA’s financial fair play rules set to go into effect in 2011-12, Germany’s sound economic model will flex its debtless muscle. It’s been 26 years already, but when the Bundesliga eventually re-establishes itself as Europe’s top league, it will be all the sweeter.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Since EuroSport 2 got full rights to the Budesliga i started watching it more when i can .

Mainz -Dortmund this week end is going to be a cracking game,the atmosphere in the stands alone is going to be worth the watch.Hopefully Dormund win so there back on top.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I came across something very interesting. Bayern munich have the worst attack in the league so far, onlly 8 goals scored in 9 matches. GD is 0 for now :eek: no wonder they are after Dzeko now.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Prachtvollen BASTI ! :cool:

Beautiful Tor by Schweini, but it was one lucky, undeserved, unjustified victory. The referee gifted it to Bayern.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Fuck I regret not watching mainz vs dortmund.
The two young genius, Hotby n Sahin involved in literally awesome personal duel.
Fuck Sahin was so awesome, he's help defense n marking hotby A LOT n very good @ it. (know from friend comment, fuck)

But Goetze is the star on this match.

E

Esoteric

... said last match for Dortmund that Goetze should start and he starts this match and plays awesome, awesome goal and assist, has really great feet work. The whole team looks solid and they should be able to fight for the title. Only problem in my opinion they have only one decent striker: Barrios ( the other are young and not as good)and even he alone is not that great in my opinion.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
11/5/10
Schalke 04 - FC St. Pauli

11/6/10
Nürnberg - FC Köln
Hamburg - Hoffenheim
SC Freiburg - Mainz
Eintracht - VfL Wolfsburg
Mönchengladbach - Bayern Munich

11/7/10
Hannover 96 - Borussia Dortmund
VfB Stuttgart - Werder Bremen
Leverkusen - 1. FCK

Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
raul and KJH have scored as Schalke on their way to a 2 nil win.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
11/5/10
Schalke 04 - FC St. Pauli

11/6/10
Nürnberg - FC Köln
Hamburg - Hoffenheim
SC Freiburg - Mainz
Eintracht - VfL Wolfsburg
Mönchengladbach - Bayern Munich

11/7/10
Hannover 96 - Borussia
VfB Stuttgart - Werder Bremen
Leverkusen - 1. FCK

Borussia? I think of Gladbach then, it should have said Dortmund or Borussia Dortmund. Anyway, oh oh oh, Borussia vs Bayern tomorrow. Well, both are really disappointed this season. I hope Borussia can surprise and get the three points. Gladbach at home vs Bayern, they have been good in the past then. Also, hopefully Klopp's side will get the 3 points Sunday, Hannover are actually not bad these days, so it can be tough. But it's the weekend of Borussia-Bayern IMO. Good luck, VfL.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3 nil....raul's second.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Borussia? I think of Gladbach then, it should have said Dortmund or Borussia Dortmund.

Sorry i just got it off a site, but i fixed it now :D

Is Ribery playing? heard he is back in training so is Robben but Arjen is out until early 2011 whilst Frank has a chance of starting to lay again soon.

Looking forward to wins for Dortmund and Wolfsburg.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Mönchengladbach!! 3-2 over bayern atm!

Schedule