Cesc Fabregas

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
I think Zlatan, Robinho, Cassano all like to drop and create too much that the inclusion of a player who likes to sit in the hole might take away from them.

Isnt that sorta what Barca used to do??

Dinho, Eto'o, Messi all dropped deep in search of the ball, they just had 2 ball playing CMs in Xavi and Deco.

Could work

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Maybe but I know an example that is more "n00bish"!!!!!!
Criticizing a team who is only trying to get better over a team sitting on their ass waiting till their players rotten to the bones hoping luck throw a cup in their way.

This is obviously correct. It is equally n00bish to say Fabregas is going to sit on their bench etc etc.

But that has nothing to do with what I said. They can do whatever they want, buy whoever they want, but success is always cyclical. .

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
unless we don't sign a pure AM. I'm unsure if Zlatan or Cassano require one. Robinho either.

Just saying for hypotical sake we signed modric and bale (a creative CM/organizer and a winger), would we really have problems? Granted I know we aren't giving tottenham 75 million but I was just stating an example.

I think Zlatan, Robinho, Cassano all like to drop and create too much that the inclusion of a player who likes to sit in the hole might take away from them.

I'm also intrigued by idea of aquilani and montolivo aded to prince and mvb. I really think that'd be enough. We'd have a midfield that can do everything and would feed our forwards. MVB anchors and compitently distributed ball to mezzalas. Montolivo tends to hold home the most and spread play, aquilani floating making most dangerous passes, prince making his darting runs and supporting physically.

Of course biggest risk their is aquilani's fitness which is of course a BIG risk in it's own right.

But you got 4 cm's with competent technical ability, prince being the worst. We'd have the ability to control most teams who use 3 man

I agree that a player in the hole isn't what we need to be buying, I'm totally behind Aqua and Monty, do you not think Binho can play deep also, with Pato and Ibra, with Prince on the right and either Monty or Aqua on the left?

I said in the transfer thread that Ganso isn't what we need right just now, nor does he fit Al's system, but I do like the idea of buying actual midfielders and having them interchange with our deep lying attackers... An idea many dont seam to get :(

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
4 - The top 4 assist providers in the top 5 Euro leagues since 06/07: Fabregas (60), Dani Alves (59), Messi (52), Xavi (50). Ramblas.

where's Pirlo :conf: :tongue:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I agree that a player in the hole isn't what we need to be buying, I'm totally behind Aqua and Monty, do you not think Binho can play deep also, with Pato and Ibra, with Prince on the right and either Monty or Aqua on the left?

I said in the transfer thread that Ganso isn't what we need right just now, nor does he fit Al's system, but I do like the idea of buying actual midfielders and having them interchange with our deep lying attackers... An idea many dont seam to get :(

yeah, but it's all about the opponent. I think we should use robinho there whenever we play a smaller team.

Athens2007

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Karima el Mahroug - Ruby
:thumbsup:

Wenger on goal.com:
With Cesc on the market there would have been an auction between Real Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester United, but he wanted Barcelona and we respected his will. It was not a question of money but of feelings".

So, we were never in the loop

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well the attention whores did get what they wanted..........ehhum attention.

Sooo, if galliani wasnt even slightly interested than what exactly is he even doing all this time? Fucking :lol::lol::lol::lol: if his actually serious about the possibility no pirlo replacement will arrive.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
4 - The top 4 assist providers in the top 5 Euro leagues since 06/07: Fabregas (60), Dani Alves (59), Messi (52), Xavi (50). Ramblas.

where's Pirlo :conf: :tongue:

you might find him somewhere in the top 500.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

where's Pirlo
:conf: :tongue:

enoying the rewards of passing to gila, oliviera, huntelaar, borriello and pato.

if they don't score he doesn't get an assist.

You know what's interesting... for as amazing a player as iniesta is.... his numbers aren't particularly impressive. 2010/11- 49 games, 9 goal, 9 assists. Year before 41 games (9 as a sub), 1 goal, 6 assists.

But thats why superficial numbers like this are a bit irrelevant. I'm more interested in more advanced passing stats like goal scoring opportunities created, passing competition, passing completion over range, passes completed period, ground covered etc. Stuff that tells you more baout a specific thing than just assist

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
enoying the rewards of passing to gila, oliviera, huntelaar, borriello and pato.

if they don't score he doesn't get an assist.

You know what's interesting... for as amazing a player as iniesta is.... his numbers aren't particularly impressive. 2010/11- 49 games, 9 goal, 9 assists. Year before 41 games (9 as a sub), 1 goal, 6 assists.

But thats why superficial numbers like this are a bit irrelevant. I'm more interested in more advanced passing stats like goal scoring opportunities created, passing competition, passing completion over range, passes completed period, ground covered etc. Stuff that tells you more baout a specific thing than just assist

:lol::lol: Bullshit :lol:

Seedorf has more assists with hunty and co :lol: or even ambrosini

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
been reading the new fourourtwo .....

Tcbjg.png

not a single mention of Milan :head:

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
He was SHIT in 2015

37751881.jpg

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think Juve is the only Italian club he'd consider, but I bet he will quickly end up unwanted there as well. They need proper mids and natural attackers, not something in between who doesn't have the engine for the Vidal/Parreyra AM role of last season. A much better version of Hernanes is still a bad fit.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can see him ending up at Bayern or Real

If he was to come to Italy Juve would be the only club he'd consider as Goodfella said, if :g: was to call his agent he wouldn't even bother picking up

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
He was SHIT in 2015

37751881.jpg

Do you guys pass notes to each other with:

Messi

GOAT or Fodder

Check one box

Cesc would waltz into any serie A team. Lighten up

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can see him ending up at Bayern or Real

His return to Barca may not have gone as expected, but I doubt he's bitter and desperate enough to go to Real. He's a Catalan nationalist, a Barca fan, Pique is a close friend.
Atletico, maybe, but they wouldn't meet his salary demands(6m).

I think it's between PSG, Manure, Bayern, Liverpool and Juve.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Juve, makes the most sense for both parties imo

United is interesting if they get their shit together but still play possession football

Liverpool ok, PSG and Bayern have better players than him already

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not sure Juve would give him 6m a year either.

Loan with option to pay full salary?
mrtt2.png

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
PSG don't need him, but they'll sign every big name they can get.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Do you guys pass notes to each other with:

Messi

GOAT or Fodder

Check one box

Cesc would waltz into any serie A team. Lighten up

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I just hope he wont join Inter.
Juve are already way ahead of us but its close with Inter & Fab will be that xfactor for their entire team.

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

"Fabregas was shit in 2015"

RnB forum rule #18

Players are either World Class or Fodder

There is no in between

Schedule