Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
:lol::lol: oh az my silly child, how is this UFC's fault?

I think Mendes gets the fight just because Frankie is better. They don't wanna risk Frankie beating up Conor and ruining Aldo Vs McGreggor when Aldo's back from injury.

--

I really like Conor as a fighter, but does anyone think he really have a chance against Aldo?

They keep saying they want to make a sport, yet all they do is making it a fight promotion. They should have clear rules on how fighters are allowed to trained before a fight weeks out.

Yet all Dana does is yap about how AKA and others have stone age training methods, but he does nothing about it. They could all take a page out of Conor's book and not spar like morons, cause that takes its toll on the body.

Anyway as much as i'm looking forward to Conor vs Aldo, i'm more excited for Lawler vs Mcdonald, that's going to be fight of the night for sure.

Aldo vs Conor will probably end in under 2 rounds, while i see the former go at least 4.

Robbie%2BLawler%2BStares%2BDown%2BJohny%2BHendricks%2BAfter%2Bthe%2BBell%2B-%2BUFC%2B181.gif

Rory_MacDonald_vs._Nate_Diaz_9.gif

CelebratedGleefulFlounder.gif

P.S: sad about Machida, his body is clearly failing him. He doesn't even look as ripped as he did when he first entered the division.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
The organization is supposed to tell the fighters how they are supposed to train and enforce this with rules? Do you hear yourself?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The organization is supposed to tell the fighters how they are supposed to train and enforce this with rules? Do you hear yourself?

I'm not saying year around, i'm saying that a few weeks before the fight they should put a ban on sparing. Like Conor said, it won't improve your fighting ability it will just get you injured.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
How do you ban sparing? 24/7 monitoring?

Fighters are different, what works for Connor maybe doesn't work for others.

What you're saying is just silly, Az.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
How do you ban sparing? 24/7 monitoring?

Fighters are different, what works for Connor maybe doesn't work for others.

What you're saying is just silly, Az.

I know it sounds radical, but you don't need to go that far. To enforce the rule you only need to put steep sanctions on fighters that get injured 2 weeks before the match, and i'm willing to bet the injuries and canceled bouts that we keep having lately will be toned down a lot.

Anyway who do you have on Rory vs Robbie?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Rory decision. Lawler KO.

Probably Rory, gonna do a GSP and have a great game plan.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
AZ i know you mean well and you care about the sport but some of your posts are just so cringe worthy...

Do you know how easy it is to break a rib? Have you ever done anything remotely close to training "MMA"? In Grappling all it takes is your body in the wrong position and your opponent coming at you wrong, it happens ALL THE TIME accidentally. There is nothing the UFC or anyone can do to stop it, its part of the sport. And this is only ONE of the many common injuries, it is a contact sport it happens.

Monitor the fighter on how they train or sanction fighters that have to pull out? Please.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Via SportsCenter : BREAKING: Jose Aldo Junior pulls out of UFC 189. Conor McGregor will now fight Chad Mendes for interim title.
So much promotion and hype before the fight :lol:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ I think it's good he decides to pull out. Even if its a bruise, having an injured rib is no joke, let alone having it in a title fight

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
11692643_1095894173812214_2193149490789196018_n.jpg

Just a few more hours now:D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
chad mendes you fucking alpha fail choker :lol:

absolutely dominated him for 2 rounds, gets knocked out like a bitch at the end of it:fp: :lol:

fantastic card, robbie/rory match of the night for sure :star:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
conor is a really down to earth guy if you look past the ric flair gimmick.

he deserves this outcome considering how this division had 0 spotlight before he came along, if this ppv comes near a million, I'll say he's easily ufc's biggest star.

there's a strong rumour floating around that conor had a messed up MCL that needs surgery, much respect if it's true.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
I would not say Mendes dominated McGregor at all. First round he took a spinning back kick to the liver and was winded from then on. He was able to take McGregor down on occasion, but wasnt able to dominate like he should have been. His elbows were not very effective besides the cut, and holding the irishman down winded him further. Meanwhile the standup game was clearly McGregor's and he was able to pick shots oh a whim.

There is debate on whether or not the stoppage was too fast, but Mendes was out after that left straight. His eyes rolled back and he collapsed and was unable to defend himself.

Hes more of a cassius clay rather a ric flair

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
stand up wasn't clearly mcgregors, but i was impressed with his chin. he got thrown around so easily, chad mendes clearly won the 2 rounds until the end. I was fine with the stoppage, since chad was defending like a bitch.

and he definitely adopted the ric flair gimmick.

I'll be surprised if jose aldo doesn't beat him.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
we must have watched different fights. First round was close, points wise mendes probably took it for take downs. You cant say he won the second because he didnt even finish the second.

ric flair was a cheater.

McGregor's got the gift of gab, much like ali.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm obviously talking about the promos and expensive suits/flaunting wealth.:b:

don't talk like you know ric flair if you don't think he has the gift of gab :lol:

edit:

i'm saying he was winning the 2nd round until the last 10 seconds, unfortunately in #rnb you have to point out such obvious things. :o

Last edited:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
was a sting fan so ric flair was no beuno.

as a fighter myself its impossible for me to say that Mendes ever had the upper hand.

His ground game was to keep busy enough to have it not stand back up. Stand-up wise Mcgregor dictated pace, determined position of the fighters and landed far more shots. he was in complete control on the feet, and was more composed on the ground than I would have thought.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
chad landed far more shots than I expected, but credit to conor for having a great chin. I expected more from conor because of his massive advantage in reach and stand up being his only real strength. I'll give him credit for escaping that choke in the 2nd round, really well done. Maybe dominated is a strong word, but there's no doubt in my mind that mendes had those 2 rounds in the bag until the final seconds of the 2nd round.

anyways, now there's no big fights to give a shit about anymore until cormier gustafsson where mb and I settle our bet :D

the only upcoming main event I'm interested in is dillashaw barao, but that fight is so big they put it on free tv :proud: :lol:

Last edited:

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
i miss having fedor fights to look forward to.

and sakuraba vs gracie fights aswell.

The lawler fight was dope, was one of the best brawls I have seen probably since griffin-bonnar. That fight truly could have went either way

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
lawler rory was great, bermudez stephens was really good, nelson handed thatch an ass whooping..and dat flying knee by almeida :b:

main card was great, prelims were shit minus brown means which was pretty good.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
stand up wasn't clearly mcgregors, but i was impressed with his chin. he got thrown around so easily, chad mendes clearly won the 2 rounds until the end. I was fine with the stoppage, since chad was defending like a bitch.

and he definitely adopted the ric flair gimmick.

I'll be surprised if jose aldo doesn't beat him.

You need to re watch the fight again, stand up was all Conor. On the feet Chad was always pressed against the cage and Conor was landing on him. Not once in the fight did Chad take control of the stand up.

The fight was awesome, but paled in compression to the Lawler - Roby one, that was a bloody mess!

The whole card was awesome though, probably the best one yet.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep conor pressured him really well but I felt chad landed proper shots which I didn't expect, conor won the stand up but I didn't feel he dominated him in it, just did well to pressure and ate shots really well which was a surprise. I think the way I rated the stand up face off got influenced by my expectation.

Honestly, Chad Mendes with a full fight camp would have beat him, dude was gassed at the end of the first round :lol:

I still need to watch McGregor beat aldo to be convinced by him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yep conor pressured him really well but I felt chad landed proper shots which I didn't expect, conor won the stand up but I didn't feel he dominated him in it, just did well to pressure and ate shots really well which was a surprise. I think the way I rated the stand up face off got influenced by my expectation.

Honestly, Chad Mendes with a full fight camp would have beat him, dude was gassed at the end of the first round :lol:

I still need to watch McGregor beat aldo to be convinced by him.

Dude gassed because he took kick after kick to the mid section that takes the wind out of you, full camp or not.

Plus Chad is always bragging how he always keeps in shape and only eats what he huts(watch the embedded videos).

BogusHeartyBat.gif

And a lot of more gifs, but don't wanna spam.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
Lawler vs MacDonald was an amazing fight

McGregor vs Mendes?
I think Mendes' style is the one that counters Conor's style best, but I still feel that McGregor would still win at least 3/5 (both fighters 100% fit)

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@ Tantalis

Just curious what's your name? I'd like to know if a fighter supports Milan as well because I would support that fighter every single fight. Do you train grappling? If so where at? Would it happen to be at Big Dog's school?

I'd like to see a wrestler with a full camp against McGregor. Sure he was winning the stand up but he showed me nothing that would suggest he could deal with top pressure from a capable wrestler with a proper training camp.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
@ Tantalis

Just curious what's your name? I'd like to know if a fighter supports Milan as well because I would support that fighter every single fight. Do you train grappling? If so where at? Would it happen to be at Big Dog's school?

I'd like to see a wrestler with a full camp against McGregor. Sure he was winning the stand up but he showed me nothing that would suggest he could deal with top pressure from a capable wrestler with a proper training camp.

I think he did really good considering that he could not train wrestling at all due to him being injured all the way up to the last 2 weeks before the fight.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing conor move up to 155 in the future, I can see him beating cowboy, but dos anjos, pettis and khabib? nah.

honestly I'll be surprised if he beats aldo and edgar.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They both looked so goofy.

I don't get the Duffee hype, always been an average fighter with good physical tools.

Schedule