European Coefficients Watch feat. Dr Galliani & co dominating the corridors of power

Tasht

Dreamer!!!
Reaction score
Or 2-0.

Roma are out.
Lazio have a good chance, and I think Napoli do as well.
Juve, I think, will beat Bayern Munich.

Fiorentina have the toughest task after Roma. Let's see how it all shapes up.

Bayern is second to no one in Europe, Juve's chances to eliminate them in my opinion is not more than 20 to 30 percent.
Napoli were favorite to win EL they complicated it to them selves :fp: other than that I agree with what you said.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bayern is second to no one in Europe, Juve's chances to eliminate them in my opinion is not more than 20 to 30 percent.
Napoli were favorite to win EL they complicated it to them selves :fp: other than that I agree with what you said.

Bayern juve is probably a lot closer than you'd expect. They have injury problems in defense and juve is in insane form.

Of course, Bayern is the easy favorite. But this is much closer than you think. Only team would definitely beat juve is barca right now

Mr Delicious

Banned
Reaction score
Bayern are favorites but im sure the pep speculation is dominating the atmosphere there and injuries are a big problem. Juve are winning but not convincingly like some weeks ago.

Game is in the air tbh

Tasht

Dreamer!!!
Reaction score
Bayern juve is probably a lot closer than you'd expect. They have injury problems in defense and juve is in insane form.

Of course, Bayern is the easy favorite. But this is much closer than you think. Only team would definitely beat juve is barca right now

Bayern are favorites but im sure the pep speculation is dominating the atmosphere there and injuries are a big problem. Juve are winning but not convincingly like some weeks ago.

Game is in the air tbh

Hope both of you are correct.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
bad results... Napoli need 3-1 at home to qualify.. Viola didn't win at their home so they're forced to score two goals at Spurs.. Lazio were fairly comfortable and they're the ones in the best position to make it to the next round from all of the Italians.

Napoli and Juve being eliminated this early is a big blow for Italians in terms of the coefficients. This draw was very nasty to the Italians. If Viola managed to beat Spurs that'd be a direct KO to a direct competitor, it would mean a lot. And I believe United will have no issues making it through despite the miraculous result in the away leg.

Augsburg-Liverpool is an interesting battle between Germany-England...them two countries will be fighting it out for the 4th CL spot with Italy in the next 3-4 years. It is in Italy's advantage for English to lose this season so hopefully as many of them as possible get eliminated. I don't fancy Italy's chances of going far in Europe this year. It's too early still but I can't see Juve, Roma, Fiorentina, Napoli (a 2nd string Napoli btw) qualifying.

huh???
why can't napoli just win 2-0?? and why can't fiorentina win with 1-0??

Napoli will most likely use their starters this time around and get the win but we'll see because they do have fiorentina that following monday

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^ it's definitely not impossible but if you take into account the tough schedule both Napoli and Fiorentina have, and be humble enough to realize that Spurs & Villarreal are more than just formidable opponents then you'll see where I stand. I'm not optimistic but I remain hopeful that the Italians call pull off a miracle.

None of the Italians have recorded a win in the 1st leg in Europe: Juve, Lazio, Fiorentina with draws, Roma and Napoli with losses.

England: Liverpool, Spurs with draws, United, Chelsea, Arsenal with losses but City will most likely beat Kiev tmrw.

That's 0.5 points to Italy and 0.5 points to England this round (assuming City win tomorrow) so it is a draw for the first leg.

In the next 2-3 weeks we have some very important games:

Madrid x Roma (Roma don't stand a chance)
Munich x Juve (80% Munich will beat Juve)
Spurs x Fiorentina (key decisive game that's 55% to Spurs as they play home)
Lazio x Galatasary (Roman clubs have forever been flops in Europe but they're in the best position to qualify, I hope they make it)
Napoli x Villareal (they played on Monday vs Milan and have another game after this one vs Viola, I wonder if Fio/Nap will play their starters in EL. Fiorentina might because they could qualify to CL if they win the Europa, Napoli are guaranteed a CL spot if they continue challenging for the Serie A and be in the top 2, so I can see why they may prioritize Serie A)

Man U vs Midgetland (95% win for United)
Chelsea vs PSG (1-0 enough for Chelsea but PSG were impressive in leg 1)
Barca vs Arsenal (no chance for Arsenal)
Liverpool vs Augsburg (Liverpool don't play v. well in EL and Augsburg two away goals can complicate things, i say 55% liverpool)
Spurs x Fiorentina (by far the most important game for Italy as a whole in recent years. Italy need to cheer for Fiorentina as knocking out Spurs while progressing will be a big advantage.)
City x Kiev (easy win City, unless they play as well as they do in big games this season :D)

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The situation for Italian teams is hit or miss right now. A lot of the teams could easily still move on, but they could drop out just as easily. It's in their hands. Only Roma is definitely out and that's a positive

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
Lazio 2-1 right now, they have to stay in the lead or they won't make it with a draw

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
European Coefficients Watch - Italy's battle to get the 4th CL spot back

Spurs and United thrashed Viola and Midgetland and Napoli flop again in Europe and this is their fourth consecutive game failing to win.

Surprisingly Lazio are the only Italian club remaining in the next round in Europe.. We definitely won't be overtaking England this season, it has become impossible now... but we still should hope English teams lose because their points will keep accumulating for the next 5 years... the less they get they better for us. It's also worth keeping an eye on Germany as we won't be that far behind them starting next season.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
"if there's another year like 2014/15 ITA can take fourth"
vlcsnap-2010-11-09-10h00m43s130.png

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Coefficient force LOL.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
this might be Italia's worst season in years

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Fio losing to tottenham is somehow acceptable.

But napoli getting knocked out, when they are in the form of their life since maradona times and resting players? Gtfo!!

Hope ladri crushes their scudetto dream. Bunch of pussies :mad:

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Shhh... Shhhh... Everything is gonna be a-okay baby. A-okay.

I know this looks bleak and it feels like all the leagues have collectively banded together to ruin Italy.. And let me assure this is exactly what they have done. It also makes u extra bitter that juve could have gotten dynamo instead of bayern if they had only beaten sevilla.. Now they are in for a bundeshaft?ng to remember (Martinez is back in training BTW)...

4 EPL and bundesliga teams still in Europe with Italy having 1 and next year's coefficients about to be completely compromised based on how they do.. So 3 more years without udinese in the competition.

But think of the bright side. We still have an unmatched football culture.. Can anyone even hope to compete in the weekly racist choreography that serie A has set the standards for? Nope... And Lazio are still in the contest to give Europe a flavor of that.

We may have lost all footballing talent this round but the heart and soul of Italy is still in it.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
I think thate it has sunk in now - there will be no overtaking this year. What do you guys think - will Serie A hold a lead in the starting blocks next year? 58.915 vs 58.659 (0.256 lead) atm.
Positive-Energy1.jpg

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Shhh... Shhhh... Everything is gonna be a-okay baby. A-okay.

I know this looks bleak and it feels like all the leagues have collectively banded together to ruin Italy.. And let me assure this is exactly what they have done. It also makes u extra bitter that juve could have gotten dynamo instead of bayern if they had only beaten sevilla.. Now they are in for a bundeshaft?ng to remember (Martinez is back in training BTW)...

4 EPL and bundesliga teams still in Europe with Italy having 1 and next year's coefficients about to be completely compromised based on how they do.. So 3 more years without udinese in the competition.

But think of the bright side. We still have an unmatched football culture.. Can anyone even hope to compete in the weekly racist choreography that serie A has set the standards for? Nope... And Lazio are still in the contest to give Europe a flavor of that.

We may have lost all footballing talent this round but the heart and soul of Italy is still in it.

tfat has made a living off of 'fodder a' trolling

He's in the RnB hall of fame for sure

xerazon

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think thate it has sunk in now - there will be no overtaking this year. What do you guys think - will Serie A hold a lead in the starting blocks next year? 58.915 vs 58.659 (0.256 lead) atm.
Positive-Energy1.jpg

Maybe, the same way italy had bad luck in the EL draw before it had luck at the draw this time around.

Lazio faces sparta Prag, and I think they know winning this competition is their only shot at europe next season. Liverpool draw matchester, so there goes another PL team out. and Dortmund will destroy tottenham

so after next round EPL will have probably 2 teams left. (Chelsea und Liverpool/Manchester)

I think Lazio will make it to the next round too. Let's hope Juve kills off bayern.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
So, as far as the PL is concerned, only Man City and Liverpool will most likely be left in Europe by Thursday next week.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Next week I expect 3 english teams to get eliminated
Hopefully Nazio won't screw up and Ladri has to stunt in der Allianz Arena

If they do serie a, epl and the bundesfodder will have 2 teams left each
but let's just wait and see next week

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
We don't need 4 Italian teams to humiliate themselves in the CL.