scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
tumblr_inline_mriykfmQJZ1qz4rgp.gif

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7250027/wwe-news-ric-flair-wedding/

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd like to see Halilovic get an opportunity at least before they most likely ship him off. Even a sub appearance.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I keep forgetting that he's "playing" for us.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Lol. Hakan and Kessie the same as Suso?

Bonucci was great last year?

The performance was bad yesterday? The start was terrible, but the performance wasn't, actually.

We should've done better. Hakan wasn't great. Kessie actually was. That's the funny part of the criticisms of Kessie. He didn't deserve any. He made sure the goal was scored.

Hakan didn't play well. I haven't seen him play this badly since he was with Montella.

Thing is, he played really well against Roma until he ran out of gas.

I don't see why people are fucking happy at a bad result.

My question is this: would you rather be right or Milan win? I think I know the answer.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Gazidis will be good for keeping UEFA satisfied, Arsenal fans hate him for being super cheap on the market while raising his salary significantly.

Also, Mussachio actually made some key tackles when Cag counter-attacked down the left hand side. Rewatch the game, he was solid

Forza AC Milan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Unless we get a creative cm , forget about top 4

Lazio will get one spot and inter With Conte will too

We can finish ahead of Lazio though they kept their squad so are cohesive.

The truth is Juve and Napoli will finish top 4. The other 2 position will go to one of Inter, Milan, Roma, Lazio and maybe a wildcard team

Its going to be a dogfight and we need a midfielder like Rafinha in january

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Is looking at how Arsenal have performed, on the pitch, while Gazidis has been CEO is exactly the best barometer of how he'd do as an executive.

I'm not exactly sure what you judge him on, but the on-the-pitch stuff isn't his portfolio. Did he really have any say on the players and who came-and-went?

I guess revenues is one way, but without success, teams lose revenue. Look at us. We are making the same amount as when we were in 2003 I believe?

I guess you look at shirt deals, revenue, and sponsorship relationships.

Elliott has, so far, went for the best possible executive team. I mean, having Scaroni as our President--former CEO of ENI--that's mighty impressive.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Do you really use the mercato as the ultimate measuring stick for players?

No bids = not known?

Wtf?

A player's market value and demand are indicative of quality. Kessie + Hakan't have neither :lol:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Milan need to start buying established stars if they ever want to make that jump.

:thumbsup: No more fucking gambles on "promising youngsters". Either sign top players or potential top players (who's salary/fees are costly indicating quality) or GTFO. Besides, Locatelli > Barella.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Why does it always take a decade until people here start to realize something. Gattuso doesn't meet the qualifications to coach Milan. Simple as that. From a tactical point of view, we haven't seen anything that could impress us. Not to mention the ridiculous substitutes yesterday. Laxalt for RR in minute 86 :fp: or first sub almost at minute 70 for Baka fucking yoko. There is no plan when we come near the penalty area, just running and passing around like headless chickens until one of them risks to aim on target, or wait fora sudden individual class act.

I'm pretty sure L&M are aware of this and they are just waiting for the right moment to fire him.

:thumbsup:

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Is looking at how Arsenal have performed, on the pitch, while Gazidis has been CEO is exactly the best barometer of how he'd do as an executive.

I'm not exactly sure what you judge him on, but the on-the-pitch stuff isn't his portfolio. Did he really have any say on the players and who came-and-went?

I guess revenues is one way, but without success, teams lose revenue. Look at us. We are making the same amount as when we were in 2003 I believe?

I guess you look at shirt deals, revenue, and sponsorship relationships.

Elliott has, so far, went for the best possible executive team. I mean, having Scaroni as our President--former CEO of ENI--that's mighty impressive.
Milan definitely needs this type of executive. The way this club has spiraled down the last 10 years should be proof enough that you need people at the helm who can adapt to modern economic landscape.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
This. We have tons of potential, but still far tooo young. We need at least 3-4 players with experience, like Higuain.

Yep. I've been repeating this like a parrot since the mercato. Unless we have half a starting XI full of top players we can forget about challenging for anything. Right now we only Higuain + Romagnoli. If we can pick up Fabregas/Rabiot and Di Maria for free and splash out on SMS and Martial next summer we'll be top 3 guaranteed.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We can finish ahead of Lazio though they kept their squad so are cohesive.

The truth is Juve and Napoli will finish top 4. The other 2 position will go to one of Inter, Milan, Roma, Lazio and maybe a wildcard team

Its going to be a dogfight and we need a midfielder like Rafinha in january

They create chances vs teams. Whilst I think we will beat more of the top teams than lazio, I trust lazio to beat teams like cagliari away , genoa away ect.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Arsenal are lagging behind commercially in the EPL due to long standing agreements with Emirates for shirt & stadium sponsorship signed before Gazidis joined. However, they recently renewed their shirt sponsorship signing the biggest deal in the clubs history starting next year. Also, they will switch shirt suppliers from Puma to Adidas next year doubling their earnings in the process. This will help to close the gap.

EPL shirt sponsor deals tend to just improve, so it doesn't say much.

Gazidis isn't doing any better than the other EPL CEOs, other than at robbing fans when it comes to ticket prices.

As for comparing overall revenues between EPL & Serie A, Juve are top 10 globally but finished 7th when we won our last Scudetto. Had we been managed in a similar fashion we also could’ve been amongst Europe’s top revenue generators regardless of the mismatch between domestic TV revenues.

No one's denying that this club has been mismanaged for a long time.

What makes Gazidis worth the 4-5m he's demanding? There is no signs of extraordinary brilliance from him, perhaps other than at sucking up to billionaires.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Lol. Hakan and Kessie the same as Suso?

Bonucci was great last year?

The performance was bad yesterday? The start was terrible, but the performance wasn't, actually.

We should've done better. Hakan wasn't great. Kessie actually was. That's the funny part of the criticisms of Kessie. He didn't deserve any. He made sure the goal was scored.

Hakan didn't play well. I haven't seen him play this badly since he was with Montella.

Thing is, he played really well against Roma until he ran out of gas.

I don't see why people are fucking happy at a bad result.

My question is this: would you rather be right or Milan win? I think I know the answer.

Lol don't get your knickers in a twist. Nobody's saying Kessie + Hakan are shit. Both are good players but they certainly aren't the world beaters some think they are hence the comparisons to Suso. Ask yourself honestly, would either player start at Juve, Napoli, Lazio or even Inter? Exactly. Would L+M have signed either player had they joined the club under the Chinese? Nope.

As for Bonucci, like I said earlier, he was dogshit under Montella (like everybody else) but one of the standout performers under Gattuso. Romagnoli also seriously upped his game playing alongside him.

Nobody is happy that we put in a shit performance and got a bad result yesterday. However, the same posters that were screaming Gattuso = Conte and top 4 is a lock suddenly disappeared. Be consistent. At least I had the decency to say we played great in the first hour against Napoli and first half against Roma (which I repeated again today).

At the end of the day some of us have been Milan fans for decades and remember an entirely different club to the one we find today. We remember benches packed full of top players and being managed by the best coaches around. We're sick and tired of seeing the likes of Hakan, Biglia, Bona and Suso represent these great colours whilst the 6th amateur coach since Allegri takes charge after 5 seasons out of CL. We're used to watching the best and we expect this to continue. It's crystal clear that the teams that finish highest have the best coaches and most top players and until this changes we'll continue to struggle.

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
A player's market value and demand are indicative of quality. Kessie + Hakan't have neither :lol:

Mercato fan

All good. I get where your coming from.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
At the end of the day some of us have been Milan fans for decades and remember an entirely different club to the one we find today. We remember benches packed full of top players and being managed by the best coaches around. We're sick and tired of seeing the likes of Hakan, Biglia, Bona and Suso represent these great colours whilst the 6th amateur coach since Allegri takes charge after 5 seasons out of CL. We're used to watching the best and we expect this to continue. It's crystal clear that the teams that finish highest have the best coaches and most top players and until this changes we'll continue to struggle.

how many more times must you post until your pining manifests into reality

jon

The Matrix
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli, Cutrone, De Bruyne
at what point does Reina get the start?

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
Lol don't get your knickers in a twist. Nobody's saying Kessie + Hakan are shit. Both are good players but they certainly aren't the world beaters some think they are hence the comparisons to Suso. Ask yourself honestly, would either player start at Juve, Napoli, Lazio or even Inter? Exactly. Would L+M have signed either player had they joined the club under the Chinese? Nope.

As for Bonucci, like I said earlier, he was dogshit under Montella (like everybody else) but one of the standout performers under Gattuso. Romagnoli also seriously upped his game playing alongside him.

Nobody is happy that we put in a shit performance and got a bad result yesterday. However, the same posters that were screaming Gattuso = Conte and top 4 is a lock suddenly disappeared. Be consistent. At least I had the decency to say we played great in the first hour against Napoli and first half against Roma (which I repeated again today).

Agree. Conte army always consistent.
#GATTUSOOUT

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Another week another mistake by Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.