Status
Not open for further replies.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
we also spent 200m once :D

That was with bonuses, I think it actually comes in under 200m. 188m.without bonuses

We signed 15 players across all sectors of the various teams, works out to be 12.5m per player. Obviously take away the youth players, the 11 first team squad players and it works out to be about 17m per player

And for you net spent fanboys, we were in the red for 150m that summer. When factor in bonuses it was about 170m in the red for the summer.

Liverpool still spent that on 4 players.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What's the point you're trying to make?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
By the way, we've spent 24m on bench-rider Conti, 25m on Kalinic, 28m on brainless Kessie, 35m on cripple Caldara, 38 on Instaboi... and so on

Meanwhile Fraudiola has 500m in net spend (tell me more how that's not important) and can barely make it in CL

Last edited:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
What? VVD, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Salah, Mane, Chamberlain and Wijnaldum cost 400 m. 8 players for 400 m means 50 m average. How is that not spending large sums?

So chinese idiots could have bought 4 50mln players + now paqueta and piatek + bennacer, hernandez, leao, rebic... and here u go... real team. But we spent 200+ mln on suuper shit like rr, hakan, kessie, mussa etc. Our fault.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So chinese idiots could have bought 4 50mln players + now paqueta and piatek + bennacer, hernandez, leao, rebic... and here u go... real team. But we spent 200+ mln on suuper shit like rr, hakan, kessie, mussa etc. Our fault.

That's true but it has nothing to do with the discussion. Liverpool spent more than 500 m during the last 3 seasons (before the current one) and people are saying they did not spend a lot :lol:

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What's the point you're trying to make?

Sorry net spender, should I put up a spreadsheet for you.

LIVERPOOL SPENT 200M ON 4 PLAYERS. HOW IS THAT NOT SPENDING BIG?

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sorry net spender, should I put up a spreadsheet for you.

LIVERPOOL SPENT 200M ON 4 PLAYERS. HOW IS THAT NOT SPENDING BIG?

"big" is relative

how much did their competitors spend?

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I think a lot of us (myself included) need to get away from the.mentality that you are almost guaranteed to get a world class player for 30M. That paradigm is over.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Feels like I'm talking to members of the Flat Earth movement

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
Free players, youth players, 25m players, 50m players, does it really matter? I think great coach is the most important thing. Freaking atalanta build their squad from scrap and look what gasperini did with them

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
I think a lot of us (myself included) need to get away from the.mentality that you are almost guaranteed to get a world class player for 30M. That paradigm is over.

De Bruyne when he went from Chelsea to Wolfsburg for a mere 20m. Factor in the historically great AC Milan tax and that deal could have been done for 30m.

It's about having the right talent spotters that are able to see the ideal characteristics in players with big potential for this current Milan.

Milan is currently a steeping stone club in it's current plight. WC can only be developed in house currently(over time)

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It's about having the right talent spotters

Clearly management haven't been hiring within the realms of this forum. Everyone seems to be an expert on talent.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
If someone give me time machine, I would still bought Hakan, Kessie, Conti, RR etc. And I bet that many of us would do the same. :o
Before 3-4 years, I would kill to have Hakan in team because he was insane talent in Bayer. And I was super happy when I saw that we bought him for only 25m.

In that time, most transfers looked perfectly fine. But how the hell every player turn into flop here, it's a mistery.

Only bad move was Kalinić and Biglia but Montella insist to have them.. and you sometimes have to listen coach, especially because Auba refuse us so we needed to find an alternative.
Ok and Borini either, I forgot about him. :o But at least he was cheap and sometimes useful.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Clearly management haven't been hiring within the realms of this forum. Everyone seems to be an expert on talent.

It'll also take 'time' to see the fruits of the talent within management.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
"big" is relative

how much did their competitors spend?

I don't care, what xyz123 spent, but too say Liverpool haven't spent big is utter nonsense.

How many other teams paying over 140m for a keeper and 1 CB. You acting like that happens all the time.

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Why would you even think that in the first place?

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
That's true but it has nothing to do with the discussion. Liverpool spent more than 500 m during the last 3 seasons (before the current one) and people are saying they did not spend a lot :lol:

Then did. But they also EARN A LOT. We spent like 350mln to have a mediocre team for 6th place in mediocre serie a. Let that sink in people...

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I would never pay fir a turkish player "proven" in bundesliga and gave him no.10 of Milan. Ever.

Id buy Conti, yes. But Conti got badly injured...
Id also buy Bonucci, yes.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If someone give me time machine, I would still bought Hakan, Kessie, Conti, RR etc. And I bet that many of us would do the same. :o
Before 3-4 years, I would kill to have Hakan in team because he was insane talent in Bayer. And I was super happy when I saw that we bought him for only 25m.

In that time, most transfers looked perfectly fine. But how the hell every player turn into flop here, it's a mistery.

Only bad move was Kalinić and Biglia but Montella insist to have them.. and you sometimes have to listen coach, especially because Auba refuse us so we needed to find an alternative.
Ok and Borini either, I forgot about him. :o But at least he was cheap and sometimes useful.

FWIW, I recall the board being puzzled by the Hakan purchase. People conceded that he had some talent and skill mostly centered around his free kicks (wow did he prove them wrong). Hakan, Kalinic, and Biglia = 60M lmbo

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
De Bruyne when he went from Chelsea to Wolfsburg for a mere 20m. Factor in the historically great AC Milan tax and that deal could have been done for 30m.

It's about having the right talent spotters that are able to see the ideal characteristics in players with big potential for this current Milan.

Milan is currently a steeping stone club in it's current plight. WC can only be developed in house currently(over time)

Not saying that you are wrong but KDB went to Wolfsburg as a "failed"Chelsea player. Overall I agree with your assessment. It gets frustrating sometimes

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Paquetá will start on the right-side of the midfield tonight, with Kessié occupying the left-hand side. [Sky]

+Hakan starting as LW, as it seems.

Ffs, I hoped that Pioli will be smarter...what's the point of this? Useless rotation, just play the best fucking XI, in their positions, are we asking too much? :head:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What? VVD, Alisson, Keita, Fabinho, Salah, Mane, Chamberlain and Wijnaldum cost 400 m. 8 players for 400 m means 50 m average. How is that not spending large sums?

That’s assuming they sold nobody. I think we have spent a similar amount actually. If not something close to that.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paqueta on the right is not a bad idea. Kessie usually gets into good positions with Suso/Calabria's help but proves to be useless.

On the other hand, Hakan + Kessie on the left means we won't create shit... only hope on Theo.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That’s assuming they sold nobody. I think we have spent a similar amount actually. If not something close to that.

In RnB world how much you sold has no importance

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we stop double counting the amount we paid for Bonucci with the swap with Caldara? It annoys me so much.

Salah went for 42m. Bonuses made it go to 50m. I assume those bonuses were met. Salah was bought while they still had Coutinho, and how many people said they'd prefer Suso? Or that Salah was just pace? Even though he was literally scoring 15 goals and assisting 15 goals (around that) for two seasons in a row at Roma?

Milan had to replace an entire team after Berlusconi. Other big teams are constantly pumping money into their squads, and we use random bursts, we don't build up anything, and it hurts the development of young players.

Status
Not open for further replies.