Week 03: Lazio vs Milan - Sunday 10/09/2017 - delayed kickoff @ 16:00 CET

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'd like to see Kalinic start alongside Cutrone and Hakan behind him in the midfield 3.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Andre Silva or seppuku

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Andre Silva or seppuku

for your own good,

Silva isnt starting any serie a game as long as cutrone keep scoring :lol:

he ll play the EL match 3 days later

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Cutrone - Suso
Rodriguez - Bonaventura? - Biglia - Kessie - Conti
Romagnoli - Bonucci - Musacchio
Donnarumma

please

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see Kalinic start in this one.

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
And Bench Suso? u mad?

Obviously not. Kalinic instead of Borini in a skewed 4-3-1-2/4-3-3.

---------------Cutrone-------

-----Kalinic---------

-------------------------Suso--------

--Hakan------Biglia-----Kessie---

--Ric----Bonucci---Musac---Conti---

--------------Gianluigi--------------

As I had mentioned in my post in the tactics thread.

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=2751958&postcount=462

The alternate that I want to see here is: Kalinic, Hakan, Rodriguez. Only change being Kalinic comes behind and to the left of Cutrone instead of Borini. Now the style changes here. Kalinic's qualities aren't actually very different from Borini's except he will burst forward more and try to score as well, and will win high balls - which gives Bonucci another option to aim for. I dont think playing Kalinic instead of Borini will lead to any defensive problem as he is as industrious and selfless as anyone else. He won't lose the shape of the team by needlessly going forward.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
just use Kalinic as a LW while you're at it, if #MM17 can do it, there's no reason #NK7 can't

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
hopefully bonaventura is 100% fit for this one, I'd like him to start over hakan.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
just use Kalinic as a LW while you're at it, if #MM17 can do it, there's no reason #NK7 can't

theres only 1 #MM17

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
hopefully bonaventura is 100% fit for this one, I'd like him to start over hakan.

At LCM?

Should be Monto-Biglia-Kessie

I've lost all hope on Hakan as a CM, but he looked promising as LW from the little I saw in the friendlies.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
losing all hope after 2 games in a totally different league .. thats cool i guess :thumbsup:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Bona is fit, there's no question that the midfield should be Bona-Biglia-Kessie. If not, it's a toss up between Hakan and Montolivo for the mezz'ala position, but I'd rather give another chance to Hakan before we rule him out fully from there. Monto can always come on as a sub if Hakan flops again.

Having said that, won't really mind if we start with Monto-Biglia-Kessie. Montolivo will last 60 minutes without tiring and will be effective in that position.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Actually one game was enough. I don't consider the Crotone one a game.

And yet you consider friendlies as games? That's not consistent.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
hakan seems like he has a good shot on him and a better final pass than bonaventura, so it would be better if he's the other LW option besides #FB11.

Quan

Primavera
Reaction score
If Monto in the field we will lose the game.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just don`t use Monto and Borini.

I`m ok with any formation and/or any other mix of players.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And yet you consider friendlies as games? That's not consistent.

I never said I consider friendlies as (real) games.

Hakan showed good signs as LW in a few friendlies. He has far from convinced me in that role. He would need to prove himself in real games for that. Which is why I would like to see it tested.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll be able to field a stronger team v Lazio now that Biglia & Jack have both recovered

I wouldn't mind trying a 442/11 with Jack-Biglia-Kessie-Suso in the midfield and two of Andre Silva, Cutrone & Kalinic up front
If Jack is not fit then Hakan should play on the left, honestly that might be the best position for him

Think we could pull it off especially with RR & Conti pushing forward and the solid midfield pairing, Suso/Hakan/Jack all comfortable out wide in 442 too

Last edited:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Hopefully we'll be able to field a stronger team v Lazio now that Biglia & Jack have both recovered

I wouldn't mind trying a 442/11 with Jack-Biglia-Kessie-Suso in the midfield and two of Andre Silva, Cutrone & Kalinic up front
If Jack is not fit then Hakan should play on the left, honestly that might be the best position for him

Think we could pull it off especially with RR & Conti pushing forward and the solid midfield pairing, Suso/Hakan/Jack all comfortable out wide in 442 too

Yea I think we will have more attacking thrust with 442 variations.....but Montella is a stickler for 3 man midfields

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can see 4-3-3 again tbh, but if we lose then can see us changing formations

But I cant see us losing with Bona-biliga-kessie in midfield

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Worried about this game. Lazio play 3421 which poses significant problems to our 433

Bonucci and Musacchio have an easy enough job to track Immobile. But the midfield is extremely tricky. Who do Kessie and Calhanoglu press? If the move too far forward and press Parolo/Leiva in the middle, that leaves Biglia alone in the middle with SMS to his left and whoever they play on the left free also. If those two go wide, that's not a problem, the fullbacks can cover, unless their wingbacks are high up, but if they stay inside then it's very tricky. Calhanoglu is going to have a tough game deciding whether to track SMS or push forward.

Up front Kalinic (I hope) will find it very hard alone against their three and even with support from Suso, we won't be able to counterattack very well. Our only hope is long diagonal balls from Biglia/Bonucci trying to find space behind Wallace/Radu on the outside, forcing the three to stretch giving onrushing players space.

We won't be able to control this game. They'll always have us outnumbered 4-3 in the middle and have our attacker closed off from all sides. My hope is that RR and Conti can have some space, maybe forcing their attacking midfielders to stay wide and under control.

If it was up to me i'd play a midfielder instead of Borini (hopefully Bonaventura) and get him to stay in the middle to close down Parolo, letting Calhanoglu worry only about SMS. Maybe we can get Borini to do that, but I have a feeling he's going to just stay wide and run up and down with Basta, something RR could and should do.

To summarize, too many players on our team have to worry about two players and it's going to get confusing. RR, Calhanoglu and Borini need to be very aware of each other and their opponents otherwise it could get very messy.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I guess if we defend very narrow we could close down all the spaces, but that means we'll have a tough time transitioning because Suso/Borini would have to stay back a lot.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why the hell would anyone want Borini starting when we've got Andre Silva, Jack & Cutrone available too

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I never said I consider friendlies as (real) games.

Hakan showed good signs as LW in a few friendlies. He has far from convinced me in that role. He would need to prove himself in real games for that. Which is why I would like to see it tested.

Ok fair enough

Schedule