Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Dream team (Premiership only):

----------------------Schmeichel-----------------------

Irwin---------Stam-----------------Adams----------Cole

------------Keane------Scholes------Vieira---------------

---Ronaldo-------------------------------------Rooney---
------------------------Henry---------------------------

Subs: Seaman, Vidic, Makalele, Fabregas, Giggs, Overmars, Torres.

Front 3 have no set position. All have free roles. Gone for the team that would play the best/most fluid footy :cool:

U judas... return those 30 pieces of silver and include Cantona in the starting 11.

Plus F Henry n put Shearer in. Also, get rid of cole move Irwin to the left n think of a better right-back or leave Irwin at right=back n think of a better left-back.

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
tryin to build a swag fc. currently got:

kpb and mexsex (obv.)
balotelli (duh)
becks (permanent member in all my teams)
cr7 (haters gonna hate)
maybe thierry henry?

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
From the players I've watched, these are not necessarily the best players I've watched, but the team with the right kind of players to win any match any day against any team. I hate it when I see uber-attacking formations on most fantasy teams, because most such teams I see wouldn't make much of an impact on a real game.

----------------Buffon
--------Nesta-Silva-Maldini
Cafu---Gattuso--Pirlo---Carlos
-----------Kaka----Zidane
-----------Shevchenko

Bench: Neuer (beast), Cannavaro (smart), Zambrotta (can play both sides at extremely high levels), De Rossi (complete CM but defence > attack) Seedorf (complete CM but attack > defence, and is a leader), Totti (for the magic. I always thought he was more magical than Zidane, but just not as consistent, which could possibly be because of the team around him at Roma), Ronaldo (the original).

Buffon's inclusion is beyond question.
Silva, so the defence can't even be beaten by pace. Nesta for orchestrating and Maldini because he is the one and only God that created heaven and Earth!
Gattuso and Pirlo because that was the most awesome tandem at their prime.
And the captain is a no brainer.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Who else you'd expect instead?

I expected it to be more varied. Personally I think it goes Schmeichel 1, Buffon 2, but each to their own.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Fun thread!

First XI:

244515.jpg

images
3282.JPG
B7B979BD-C62A-4FC0-FB69E9A3B7B381B1.jpg
57973_hir.jpg

810.jpg

458901.jpg
1273933649_world-cup_baggio.jpg
Ryan+giggs+manchester+united+picture+photos+wallpapers+gallery+8.jpg

Ronaldo%20Luis.jpg
main.jpg

Subs:

50494_116756905018974_4985181_n.jpg
Andrea-Pirlo-6.jpg
main.jpg

Jorge Campos: obvious choice really. Crazy and flamboyant goalkeeper, with a good overall technique, great reflexes and with the occasional rushing out. I just love a goalkeeper who can play with his feet. Scored his goals too, as goalkeeper and attacker, AND, last but not least, made his own costumes.

Antonio Benarrivo: fell in love with him in USA 94. Ran for 90 mins up and down the line, played with his heart, a full back who loved attacking, and had a good technique. Everything a great full back needs to be.

Jaap Stam: badass defender, attackers were scared to take him on, unbeatable in the air. A true warrior.

Paolo Maldini: no words to describe him. One of the most elegant football players ever to play the game. Razorsharp tackles and classy control of the ball. The perfect leader.

Roberto Carlos: like Benarrivo, ran u and down the line all game long. Great cross, superb freekicks. One of the few fullbacks who could win a game on his own.

Pep Guardiola: a commander of the midfield. Great vision and passing, was a bit slow but he made his teammates run. Very gracefull and really the brain of his team. No wonder he turned out to be a great coach.

Jay Jay Okocha: most ridiculous technique I've ever seen on a player, in terms of freestyling on the pitch. Ronaldinho being a close second. Good freekicks, great long shots and a bit crazy. Always wanted to give something to his audience. Just perfect.

Roberto Baggio: greatest Italian football player of all time IMO. Just like Maldini, no words can really describe him. One cannot be angry wih him playing for the big three in Italy, he's a player who belongs to everybody, he just wanted to spread some joy through football. And kept Brescia in Serie A for four years straight. Legend.

Ryan Giggs: best left winger I've ever seen. The fact that he still plays, after +20 years, means something. Has everything that I love in a football player. Speed, technique and perfectly timed passes.

Ronaldo: without a doubt one of the best players ever. Ridiculously fast, superb close control, incredible technique and clinical when it came to goal scoring. It's gonna be a long time before we see another player like him.

George Weah: physically a beast, and just like Ronaldo, fast with an unbelieveble technique. Just not always as clinical as he could've been.

---

Moreno Torricelli: great defender, could play anywhere in defence. Vastly underrated, especially in terms of the national team.

Andrea Pirlo: just a joy to watch him play. At the height of his carreer, between 2003 and 2006, he had no rivals in midfield.

Gabriel Batistuta: the perfect goal scorer. Not as fast and technically gifted as Ronaldo and Weah, but he had a sixth sense regarding goal scoring. Left, right, headers, short range or long range, it didn't matter to him.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm more interested at the fact that no one has Ronaldinho as yet.

Fun thread!

First XI:

244515.jpg

Campos for the flamboyance, agreed. Maybe Higuita.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Higuita was maybe TOO crazy :)

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^best keeper ever.

I had a massive amount of man love for Batistuta around 2000. Such a great player. United were so close to getting him aswell. Looks like the stereotypical jesus ;)

I'm more interested at the fact that no one has Ronaldinho as yet.

At his best he was probably my faviorite player to watch.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Batistuta was ridiculously good during 98'.
He was always a joy to watch, plus Dino during his peak was simply insane.
Btw, has anyone mentioned Poborsky yet? He was fantastic as well.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Batistuta was ridiculously good during 98'.
He was always a joy to watch, plus Dino during his peak was simply insane.
Btw, has anyone mentioned Poborsky yet? He was fantastic as well.

He was average at best in the EPL.

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
team that would play what I consider massively beautiful football made up of current players-

------------------Buffon------------
--Ramos--De Rossi--Silva--Lahm--
---------Cesc---Bastain---Pirlo---
----------------Ozil---------------
-----Suarez-----------Chicharito----

Buffon- speaks for himself, one of the all time greats, super classy player

Ramos- quality player, defends pretty well, helps to cover for the midfield

De Rossi-love him in the midfield, but think he could be a great CB from what I have seen of him there. great player, one of my favorites, adds elite passing from the back

Silva-one of the best defenders, if not the best, in the world. also extremely technically talented, gives a second elite passing CB as well as being a great reader of the game and defender

Lahm-great leader, great going forward, and is a good defender

Cesc-great passer, can score, and is excellent at spreading the ball

Bastain-probably the most complete midfielder in the world. can attack and defend, and is just a beast of a man overall. wonderful player

Pirlo-my all time favorite player. really makes the game beautiful. under-rated defensively, he has excellent positional sense and makes a ton of key interceptions. also is a great long range shooter. his vision is also amoung the best in the world. just a great player

Ozil-the perfect modern CAM. very dynamic, offers an excellent mobile piece to complement the elite passing of the midfield

Suarez-extremely hard working forward. plays tough, keeps moving and is a good scorer. would play SS in this formation, which is probably his best role. would help tracking back and his gritty nature completes the midfield's elegance

Chicharito-great natural goalscorer. his movement and instincts would be absolutely killer going along with the passing of the midfield

basically combines excellent passing with a ton of movement and a high work-rate up top.

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
----------Berbatov-------Shevchenko

Bale-------------Cantona------------C.Ronaldo

-----------------Makélélé

Maldini----Stam---------Nesta-------Thuram

--------------Schmeichel

subs: Buffon, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Vieira Zidane, Inzaghi

Last edited:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
--------------------------------Buffon-----------------------------------
---------Thuram---------Nesta---------Cannavaro---------Maldini---------
------------------------Makelele---------Viera----------------------------
-----------Totti------------------------------------------Zidane---------
---------------------Sheva------------Ronaldo-------------------------

Bench: Dida, Zambrotta, T.Silva, Gattuso, Schweinsteiger, Kaka', Henry

Coach: Allegri

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
abBRihJab0.jpg

A team with partly players I like, a few that I kinda like I guess and fit in to complete the team I had in mind. No pure goalscorer, but the weapon is in all attacking players being hard-working and able to score (including the midfielders, except for Fernando Reges). Kinda like Milan does: forwards create space, and midfielders can score the goals after making a nice run forward. Unlike Milan, good fullbacks though. I forgot to make arrows that create a possible three man defense for when Lahm goes forward, but Criscito doesn't (Nesta and Silva should go bit more to the right then).

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
^^Easy with the arrows there, Mourinho.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Azzurrii-08

Also known as: LASER.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, R. Carlos, Buffon, Seedorf, Zlatan, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio, Totti
Man, too many amazing players. This is quick favo team but I am sure I'm missing a ton. lol

Buffon
Thuram Nesta Cannavaro Maldini
Totti Rivaldo Rui-Costa Zidane
Batistuta Crespo

Subs: Zambrotta, T. Silva, Roberto Carlos, Desailly, Cafu, Ronaldo, Zubizaretta, Schmeichel

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A South American non-Brazilian and non-Argentine team:

Muslera

Isla - Lugano - Coates - Álvaro Pereira

Vidal - Medel - Guarín

Sánchez - Falcao - Suárez​

Or

Villar

Maxi Pereira - Lugano - Yepes - Álvaro Pereira

Valencia - Vidal - Ortigoza - Juan Vargas

Suárez - Cavani​

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Bastain-probably the most complete midfielder in the world. can attack and defend, and is just a beast of a man overall. wonderful player

Ozil-the perfect modern CAM. very dynamic, offers an excellent mobile piece to complement the elite passing of the midfield

Chicharito-great natural goalscorer. his movement and instincts would be absolutely killer going along with the passing of the midfield

Ozil and Schweinsteiger both are limited to a point, particularly Ozil. Schweini is a likeable player, but best ever XI? Not really, come on.. Yaya Toure is a superior player in every respect.

Ozil still hasnt developed beyond a point, and is far from being a perfect modern CAM. He drifts in and out of games way too much. I'd rather compare him to a past-his-prime Kaka at present.

Chicarito on form is a good goalscorer. But he has been quite ordinary for a while now.

I picked these 3 out simply because they get over-rated a bit in this forum :)

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel

Nesta-Stam-Maldini

Baresi

Cafu-Michael Laudrup-Boban

Savicevic

van Basten-Ronaldo

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^ Lol! Nobody wants 2 play? Thatz wot you want, fear n respect at the same time. Wanna just give me the CL Cup n also the Ballon d'Or 2 any 1 of the above players.

Last edited:

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah, he can be total hot head. He was the iron man, very very tough to beat. The only player that played in 5 WC : 82, 86, 90, 94, 98.
Maradona said about Matthäus "He is the best rival I've ever had. I guess
that's enough to define him" in his
book Yo soy el Diego (I am Diego).

There is no doubting Matthaus... its a Q of whether you want an inter player ur team, an inter legend, there is Sammer too... where does 1 draw the line.

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
There is no doubting Matthaus... its a Q of whether you want an inter player ur team, an inter legend, there is Sammer too... where does 1 draw the line.

As much i hate it because he played for merda but i can't help it to put him into my dream team, such a complete player. Maybe also because he is not a douche like usual merda player. And because of he played for merda i don't put him in my fave player list.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
Just thinking about my updated dream XI-

--------------Neuer--------------
--Lahm--Pique--Silva--Chellini--
---Bastain---De Rossi---Pirlo---
---------------D. Silva-----------
------Suarez-------------Eto'o----

Bench-Buffon, Ramos, Bale, Xavi, Toure, Rooney, Ronaldo

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
3-1-3-3

Coach- bielsa

Pirlo--Pirlo--Pirlo
------Pirlo------
Pirlo--Pirlo--Pirlo
Pirlo--Pirlo--Pirlo
------Pirlo------

high pressing, aggressive nonstop running.