English Premier League Thread II

Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Nah he wasn't. He had the potential to be, but he was fucked by the time he was about 26. He was much better than any of England's 3rd choice CB's at the time though.

noticed how i said with no knee problems?

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
noticed how i said with no knee problems?

Yes you also said he was better than both and he simply wasn't. Regardless of fitness, i'm repeating exactly what i said lost post for fuck sake. Do you read my posts and then decide for yourself what I'm saying? You've done this a few times.

jackfrost

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes you also said he was better than both and he simply wasn't. Regardless of fitness, i'm repeating exactly what i said lost post for fuck sake. Do you read my posts and then decide for yourself what I'm saying? You've done this a few times.

I decide for myself :lol: more fun that way.

on a different topic: why does city think Milan will buy Dzeko or Tevez? Not only are their wages ridiculous but Milan is trying to go in another direction right now and buying either of them would be a contradiction to that.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score

on a different topic: why does city think Milan will buy Dzeko or Tevez? Not only are their wages ridiculous but Milan is trying to go in another direction right now and buying either of them would be a contradiction to that.

Milan aren't really going in another direction, they just needed money i suppose. They'd still pay through the nose for either. They like players they can parade around/give the gold letter treatment to.

Style>substance

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
man utd fan,

How much would berbatov cost?

I think he'd be an excellent buy for milan IF cheap. Only because, it seems milan want pato to be CF. Berbatov offers a great experienced deputy who could both play in his place and with him. He'd fit serie A.

And if he's as cheap as i imagine, it'd allow milan to spend the silva/ibra money elsewhere (midfield mostly)

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
oscar > ganso IMO.

I don't have any doubt about it.

During the novel in January Tevez reportedly agreed a 4.5M or so wages with Milan. That's half what Ibra was paid.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Okay, I spent almost 4 hours yesterday reading and watching stuff about Roy Keane. No idea why. Damn I miss players with such balls, what the fuck is happening to football...

United fans, tell me about his performance vs Juve in the 99 semis :eek: (Pippo brace :proud: ).

I miss Keane's battles vs Vieira. How did he make him shit his pants like that wow! Damn, classic United vs Arsenal in the early noughties. Remember the Van Nistelrooy penalty incident? Those were the days man, screw the current shit. No more badass left in sport.

Apparently Keane and Vieira were co-pundits on ITV during the Euros? :eek: How come Vieira wasn't scared?

Ruud Van Nistelrooy :star: Those were the days when Man Utd was actually a side to be admired by neutrals.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Roy Keane, Beckham, Neville, Scholes. All very dislikeable players. Maybe for foreign neutrals they were alright, but in England they were despised

David Batty > Roy Keane

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Roy Keane, Beckham, Neville, Scholes. All very dislikeable players. Maybe for foreign neutrals they were alright, but in England they were despised

David Batty > Roy Keane
scholes? really? people hate that poor, mute, ginger fuck?

heard king retired. all the best to him in his future. second best English defender after JT. :thumbsup:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
scholes? really? people hate that poor, mute, ginger fuck?

heard king retired. all the best to him in his future. second best English defender after JT. :thumbsup:

Yes.

Everyone but Manutd fans hate Scholes.

He's a nasty, scheming, dirty bastard.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Beckham was only hated because of Argentina, though that changed completely after the Greece game. Scholes has never been hated by the masses. Obviously Liverpool/Leeds fans hate him, though for some reason City fans have always been positive towards him.

Gary Neville and Roy Keane were hated though. So was Phil Neville, because he was Gary's brother :lol:

In general the United hate peaked around 2000 because of the dominance + Beckham at the WC + the decision to not play in the FA Cup.

edit:

Van Nistlerooy pissed a lot of people off as well, because he scored against everyone. Plus whichever way people look at it, the media did genuinely paint Arsenal as being the good and United the evil, partly because they're a London club but also because of the managers. Wenger has always been really friendly with journos whilst SAF never went a day without telling them to fuck off. Part of the whole 'siege mentality' stuff. Same with Vieira + Keane.

Strange how it went the opposite way in 06/07. United had a media wankathon all season.

Last edited:

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To be fair I barely remember that team, I don't know who was in defence between Ferdinand and Stam, I don't know who partnered RVN, don't know the LB. Barthez in goal?

Fiero

Reaction score
Ruud Van Nistelrooy :star: Those were the days when Man Utd was actually a side to be admired by neutrals.

That entire late 90's to around... 2003 team is awful. Then they went a bit shit and that team dispersed.

The team with Van Nistelrooy, Veron, and Blanc was awesome. Beckham was great back then as well but it got annoying when he became a brand. That was the 2001-2003 team.

From what I remember, United played better football back then. For some reason to me they're just ugly since post 2008 Champions League win. Just so unattractive, with ugly football and punks like Anderson, Nani, and Ashley Young.

And the transition team in from 2004-2006 was just god awful. Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, David Bellion... puke.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To be fair I barely remember that team, I don't know who was in defence between Ferdinand and Stam, I don't know who partnered RVN, don't know the LB. Barthez in goal?

03 team:

--------------------Barthez----------------------

Neville-----Ferdinand------Silvestre----O'Shea

-------------Keane-------Butt/Veron-----------
Beckham----------Scholes--------------Giggs

-----------------Van Nistlerooy--------------

Guys like Brown, Blanc, P.Neville, Forlan played a lot too. Forlan was another player who got negative attention. He wasn't hated, but it was one of those situations where he couldn't score to save his life so every week people were taking the piss.

We replaced Jaap Stam with a 36 year old Laurent Blanc at the start of 01/02 :lol:

The team with Van Nistelrooy, Veron, and Blanc was awesome. Beckham was great back then as well but it got annoying when he became a brand. That was the 2001-2003 team.

From what I remember, United played better football back then. For some reason to me they're just ugly since post 2008 Champions League win. Just so unattractive, with ugly football and punks like Anderson, Nani, and Ashley Young.

And the transition team in from 2004-2006 was just god awful. Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, David Bellion... puke.

Yep. The football we play these days is hard to watch.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
van nistlerooy was soo cooooooool

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Henry shits all over Van Nistelrooy. :o

but the Dutchman was one of the cooler ManUre players of the past decade no doubt.

Arsenal-ManUre classic matches back then is what a big match should be like in the EPL.

not 6-1, 8-2, 5-3 bullshit. :fp:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
2qa3g54.jpg

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
horseface. :proud:

RVN, Pirlo and Constant should play in the same team. :tongue:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Henry shits all over Van Nistelrooy. :o

but the Dutchman was one of the cooler ManUre players of the past decade no doubt.

Arsenal-ManUre classic matches back then is what a big match should be like in the EPL.

not 6-1, 8-2, 5-3 bullshit. :fp:

We beat Arsenal 6-2 in 01/02 :lol:
Dwight Yorke hattrick :cool:

Fiero

Reaction score
ruud%201.jpg

That was the cool Ruud. :star: Inferior only to Pippo. :proud:

veronscoresbolton.jpg

Veron. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: Pure elegance.

david-beckham.jpg

Beckham at his peak.

Now THAT was a team to watch. Were good in the Champions League as well... semis exist to Leverkusen in 2002 and the epic battle vs Real in 2003.

United fan, remember the 5-3 comeback vs Newcastle?

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
We beat Arsenal 6-2 in 01/02 :lol:
Dwight Yorke hattrick :cool:
:lol: :fp:

btw, something that i always wanted to ask but always forgot - can you please kindly describe the Yorke-Cole partnership? like which one was the support striker?

i was too young to remember anything back then. :tongue:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
u were too young for van nistlerooy too

Status
Not open for further replies.